Recover unsaved wordpad document?

ooops i clicked no instead of cancel while trying to save a document... the computer didnt crash or anything and hasnt been rebooted since.

is this file by any chance recoverable?

• Like 1

You may be able to find it as a temp file under your Temporary Internet Files folder, but that's a long shot in my mind.

You may be able to find it as a temp file under your Temporary Internet Files folder, but that's a long shot in my mind.

its not there... plus by what name? i hadnt assigned a name to it yet.. temp wordpad files go to Temp internet files folder? okay..

I said that you may be able to find it there, not that it was guaranteed. As for a name, I would imagine it would be a random string of letters and numbers. I'm not 100% sure though as I tend to find it much quicker just to rewrite whatever it was I'd lost.

If Wordpad saved temporary files anywhere it would be in the systems Temp folder, not the Temporary Internet Files folder.

That said, Wordpad doesn't Save any kind of backup for your file. If you didn't save it, it's gone.

I said that you may be able to find it there, not that it was guaranteed. As for a name, I would imagine it would be a random string of letters and numbers. I'm not 100% sure though as I tend to find it much quicker just to rewrite whatever it was I'd lost.

If Wordpad saved temporary files anywhere it would be in the systems Temp folder, not the Temporary Internet Files folder.

That said, Wordpad doesn't Save any kind of backup for your file. If you didn't save it, it's gone.

okay thanks guys. guess ill just redo the doc.

• xendrome locked this topic