the sims 4 maxis electronic arts ea gaming

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Garnet H.

Garnet H.

astropheed

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 08 May 2013 - 21:24

Update: The Sims 4 is an offline game. In an updated post, Maxis points out that The Sims 4 "celebrates the heart and soul of the Sims themselves, giving players a deeper connection with the most expressive, surprising and charming Sims ever in this single-player offline experience."

Wow, way go to... uh.. EA... way to make a single player game a single player game.....

The fact that they had to point this out is pathetic.

#17 brianshapiro

brianshapiro

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 08 May 2013 - 21:53

Cool. I hope they take out the bloat on the expansions (needing seperate executables and support files for everything.)

And if it was 64 bit only that'd be nice, though probably not bloody likely.

And if they could engineer it so adding custom content didn't massively slow the game down, that would be worth a new version.

For anything else, I don't know if the designers would be on the same track as me. The Sims, since the first version, has become much more of a dollhouse-oriented title, marketed to teenage girls, than an interesting simulation game. Werewolves, vampires, fairies. Katy Perry theme DLCs. I would want, for instance, doing laundry to be a necessary part of the game, and the player to have to go our and buy clothes, and home construction to take time and make noise. I expect the designers would reject that as boring, but if Will Wright hadn't been involved in the first game, you probably wouldn't need to use the toilet either and old newspapers wouldn't collect on your front lawn.

#18 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 08 May 2013 - 22:38

You've been able to cancel newspaper delivery service for some time. Can't say much about the other stuff (you can make laundry part of YOUR game now but to me it sounds boring. I get enough real life in real life.)

I hear it on the custom content stuff...seems like even with their content the game has major issues at times. Not sure what they can do but they'd best do something cause it's ridiculous.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!