Photo

Sony MHC-RV8 speakers

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:37

either one of those as a full stereo (I wouldn't overthink it by trying to use parts from different units,) would do what you want it to do just fine, may I ask why only sony?

#17 OP slumdogtrillionaire

slumdogtrillionaire

Neowinian

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:46

either one of those as a full stereo (I wouldn't overthink it by trying to use parts from different units,) would do what you want it to do just fine, may I ask why only sony?

you are right that would complicate things. i was thinking of matching the sony volume control with sony speakers i have right now. if i have to buy a new system then buying other brands is also an equal option..

so now i can

1. buy a new 5.1 mini hi fi
2. buy a new 5.1 computer audio speaker system (a la creative)

i guess those are the only options.

#18 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:57

not the ONLY options, but a lot more simpler, (true 5.1 or 7.1 home theatre systems can cost more than most cars here in the UK if you're going into full audiophile like meridian, bowers and wilkins, musical fidelity etc...)
My living room 2.0 is Rotel preamp rc03, 2 Rotel power amps rb03 running a Bowers and Wilkins DM604 (s3) speaker system each
I just use the 5.1 that came with my blue ray as I (1) couldn't be bothered to get a component system and (2) I couldn't afford the one I wanted.