#46 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 9,042 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:04

Bollox. I'm psychic too.

Check this out.

You have seen a giant plastic pineapple at least once in your life. Am I right? $5 please.

I would like to know what he got wrong about you - though the misses are always harder to recall than the hits.

I wrote it all down. The only thing he hasn't got right is that I would be working for someone called Steve.

Technically I do, as my state manager's name is Steve.

Anyway, you can say what you like, I'm not here to try an convince anyone that it's real. But my experience was spot on, and that's correct for the other two people I know who have been to him. I'm not talking about vague responses either.

I'm talking about the exact way my father was killed, the correct town, and the connection to other towns he lived.

#47 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:08

I'm talking about the exact way my father was killed, the correct town, and the connection to other towns he lived.

I believe you. My Grandmother even knew when she was going to die. She called the family together to tell us all goodbye.

#48 2xSilverKnight

2xSilverKnight

Neowinian Master

• 2,088 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:16

People are sooo closed minded here. It's unbelievable.

YES she is a fraud. So that means she is not a psychic. Only a very small number are the real deal.

Let me tell you, you will know when you meet one.

#49 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,965 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:38

I wrote it all down. The only thing he hasn't got right is that I would be working for someone called Steve.

Technically I do, as my state manager's name is Steve.

Anyway, you can say what you like, I'm not here to try an convince anyone that it's real. But my experience was spot on, and that's correct for the other two people I know who have been to him. I'm not talking about vague responses either.

Presumably, if your father was "killed" (my condolences), as opposed to dying of natural causes, there is some sort of public record of his death (newspapers, internet.). Did you supply him with any information prior to the reading? (even your name on a application form.)

Anyway, if what he told you made you happy, then good for you. You are one of the lucky ones.

Was my "giant plastic pineapple" reading spot on?

#50 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,965 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:44

People are sooo closed minded here.

Typical new-age non-rebuttal, which I will counter with this cliché.

Be open-minded, but not so open-minded that your brains fall out.

#51 2xSilverKnight

2xSilverKnight

Neowinian Master

• 2,088 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:53

That quote is true. But you're not.

And pleaseeee ... new age ? really ... It's easy to label anything new age to discredit someone :rolleyes: There is nothing new about it all anyway

#52 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

• 1,841 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:08

It's easy to label anything new age to discredit someone

I'm going to go ahead and agree with this completely.

#53 COKid

COKid

Neowinian Senior

• 3,063 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:10

Posted Image

People are sooo closed minded here. It's unbelievable.

YES she is a fraud. So that means she is not a psychic. Only a very small number are the real deal.

Let me tell you, you will know when you meet one.

Sort of like believing in Santa Claus, right? You'll know the real one when you meet him. :laugh:

It is not closed-minded to require verifiable proof of something before accepting it as fact.

Let me guess, you watch Ghost Hunters on Syfy on a regular basis?

#54 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 9,042 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:31

Presumably, if your father was "killed" (my condolences), as opposed to dying of natural causes, there is some sort of public record of his death (newspapers, internet.). Did you supply him with any information prior to the reading? (even your name on a application form.)

Anyway, if what he told you made you happy, then good for you. You are one of the lucky ones.

Was my "giant plastic pineapple" reading spot on?

He knew me as "Bailey". My middle name.

Yeah mate, Gympie, QLD.

I don't think you're is a fair comparison to what I experienced though.

#55 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

• 1,841 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:32

It is not closed-minded to require verifiable proof of something before accepting it as fact.

That sounds like devil talk to me boy!

Posted Image

#56 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

• 6,221 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:36

I think Nashy either works for that "psychic" or he's really gullible. Had too good of a story, without any way to prove it.

#57 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

• 4,535 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:55

Wait a minute...hold on...I'm getting a message...yes...yes...wow...a member of Neowin posting in this thread will have a........

And now a message from our sponsor!

Posted Image

#58 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• 1,225 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:41

If you turn to this kind of stupidity to get your answers of course you're going to get burned. People just need to start using their brains and turn to answers that have some rational grounding.

Not defending anyone here. I think Mrs Browne just guesses and is wrong most of the time. I personally would not trust her at all. However, being rational and having the mom use her brain would not have solved this either.

You act like being rational and using your brain is the solution to everything, yet it wouldn't have helped even if that were possible. When your daughter is missing you aren't going to think clearly and think rational.

Now, when you come out of your shell and stop living a sheltered life, maybe you will understand that.

#59 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,965 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:54

Yeah mate, Gympie, QLD.

Yay! I'm gonna email this thread to the Amazing Randi and get my prize.

Anyway, as long as this guy didn't try to tell you that his was in communication with your late father, then I guess it is harmless fun.

#60 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• 1,225 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:55

Typical new-age non-rebuttal, which I will counter with this cliché.

Most people on this forum have no idea what open minded means. It's like the James Randi Foundation, we will pay you blah blah blah amount of money to do something paranormal. Even if someone did, they would not receive the money. They would ask to prove it and then if you give them proof you still would not receive the money, it's a scam for free thought (there is always an agenda).

People believe what they want to believe and have no idea what having an open mind is all about. They will throw crap on a wall even if it doesn't fit to prove their point. I have been down this road before and it's filled with the sewage of human thought that isn't rational or logical because of pride and other issues.

I never have like Browne because she is an outright fraud though.