• 3,990 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:56

You act like being rational and using your brain is the solution to everything

#62 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• 1,225 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:59

Well, it's not. It would have done nothing to help the girls own situation. It's not just some magical solution that provides every answer known to life. The mom would not have been rational anyway. Tired of hearing overrated answers that are not answers.

My point is that people on here think they have all the answers, but they don't. They just sit at their keyboards on their laptops and have no idea what "real life" is, that is my point to all of this and offering something like "rational thought would have saved the day" is just stupid.

Apparently many people used rational thought and used their brains and the girl wasn't found until now. Whoops, didn't save the day did it? A non answer is just that.

#63 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

• 6,230 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:23

Well, it's not. It would have done nothing to help the girls own situation. It's not just some magical solution that provides every answer known to life. The mom would not have been rational anyway. Tired of hearing overrated answers that are not answers.

My point is that people on here think they have all the answers, but they don't. They just sit at their keyboards on their laptops and have no idea what "real life" is, that is my point to all of this and offering something like "rational thought would have saved the day" is just stupid.

Apparently many people used rational thought and used their brains and the girl wasn't found until now. Whoops, didn't save the day did it? A non answer is just that.

Rational thinking did save the day, as Amanda didn't kill herself in captivity. On the other side, a woman died as a result of losing her will of living, because another woman's opinion. A woman that thought she was so smart, that she could predict the future.

#64 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,030 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:36

People are sooo closed minded here. It's unbelievable.

YES she is a fraud. So that means she is not a psychic. Only a very small number are the real deal.

Let me tell you, you will know when you meet one.

If psychics are real, why aren't they winning the lottery every week?

#65 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

• 6,230 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:41

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB33z6qFJqM

#66 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,030 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:42

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB33z6qFJqM

I can't watch youtube from work, what is it?

#67 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

• 6,230 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:44

I can't watch youtube from work, what is it?

A psychic getting slapped, because his future prediction was off a bit. I bet all he saw for that day, was water.

#68 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• 1,225 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:58

Rational thinking did save the day, as Amanda didn't kill herself in captivity. On the other side, a woman died as a result of losing her will of living, because another woman's opinion. A woman that thought she was so smart, that she could predict the future.

More like survival thinking. Rational thought is hard when something traumatic is happening to you. Silva Browne is a fraud. Too many people on this forum don't get actual life. They hide behind their computers thinking they are intelligent, but most have never even been confronted with real life situations and it's painfully obvious.

#69 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

• 6,230 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:24

More like survival thinking. Rational thought is hard when something traumatic is happening to you. Silva Browne is a fraud. Too many people on this forum don't get actual life. They hide behind their computers thinking they are intelligent, but most have never even been confronted with real life situations and it's painfully obvious.

So basically what you said is: "I know better than the rest, because my computer and keyboard is diffrent than theirs and I have bible quotes in my signature, so obviusly I know about suffering and what's really fake and real on this entire planet that existed only for 6000 years". Or did I read your argument wrong :rolleyes: ?

#70 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,030 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:35

Too many people on this forum don't get actual life. They hide behind their computers thinking they are intelligent, but most have never even been confronted with real life situations and it's painfully obvious.

The same can be said about people who hide behind a poorly written story book and claim their invisible sky friend can fix everything.

#71 eXtermia

eXtermia

Neowinian

• 254 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 920 White+ Lumia 1020 64gb Yellow (telephonica no sim lock version)

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:19

Was my "giant plastic pineapple" reading spot on?

I have never seen a giant plastic pineapple, where do I go to see one (not an image on google or so). Sure i could probably google or search where. Just saying I never saw one.

#72 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,202 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:22

That's rich coming from you, you can't claim to be any different then anyone else on this forum. You dont know about anyone else's life experiences and do not have the authority to speak on behalf of anyone other then yourself.

#73 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,701 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:57

Your complete ignorance is showing.

You clearly have studied nothing.

Studied what? I used to be into reading about the paranormal, UFOs, psychics, etc. I stubbornly believed in all that stuff for awhile, but when I made an honest attempt to be objective and read the rebuttals sceptics offered the bull**** melted away.

I don't feel like the world is any less interesting or awesome. I am glad I no longer waste time on that stuff.

I wrote it all down. The only thing he hasn't got right is that I would be working for someone called Steve.

Technically I do, as my state manager's name is Steve.

Anyway, you can say what you like, I'm not here to try an convince anyone that it's real. But my experience was spot on, and that's correct for the other two people I know who have been to him. I'm not talking about vague responses either.

I'm talking about the exact way my father was killed, the correct town, and the connection to other towns he lived.

What!? You'd work for someone with an incredibly common name!? I am blown away!

Here's something to think about: How come you never see a headline like 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?
Jay Leno

#74 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,711 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:58

I guess she didn't see that coming....

#75 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 9,047 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 10 May 2013 - 14:29

Studied what? I used to be into reading about the paranormal, UFOs, psychics, etc. I stubbornly believed in all that stuff for awhile, but when I made an honest attempt to be objective and read the rebuttals sceptics offered the bull**** melted away.

I don't feel like the world is any less interesting or awesome. I am glad I no longer waste time on that stuff.

What!? You'd work for someone with an incredibly common name!? I am blown away!

Here's something to think about: How come you never see a headline like 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?
Jay Leno

I guess he's not doing bad if the only thing to go against him is getting said common name correct.

Like I said earlier. I am not trying to convince anyone, I'm just giving my experience, and one which I was skeptical about, and am convinced was real.