Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Liverpool have been improving, since the Morientes saga then the Dalglish-signing-anyone season anyway. A lot of young players invested in recently, i can see Coutinho being a shining star in the Prem next season too.

Gareth Bale has for the first time this summer been backed into odds-on to leave Tottenham Hotspur amid talk of a world-record bid from Real Madrid.

Sky Bet have been forced to cut the odds on the Welsh star moving to Real Madrid from 5/2 to 1/2 due to a run of significant bets.

Spanish reports suggest the Spanish giants are ready to break the ?80million world-record transfer fee set by their acquisition of Cristiano Ronaldo by offering ?86m for Bale.

The 24-year-old enjoyed a phenomenal campaign last season, netting 21 times in the Premier League and winning both the PFA and FWA Player of the Year awards along with the PFA Young Player of the Year.

Despite Bale's contribution, Spurs were unable to secure a top-four place in the Premier League, meaning they are unable to offer their prized asset UEFA Champions League football.

The change in betting odds is in contrast to news coming out of White Hart Lane, with Tottenham insisting Bale is not for sale and talks over a new contract are taking place.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8845192/transfer-news-gareth-bale-odds-on-with-sky-bet-to-leave-tottenham

I still don't see him going. I think the Spanish press are making things up to try and unsettle him.

I still think he'll give them one more season. If Spurs honestly don't care about the money they can just refuse every bid as he is still under contract.

They might want to rebuff his contract and have a huge buy out clause so next season/January they can make a huge amount from him.

I will be disappointed if he left the PL. I still think the PL offer the best football in the world.

Staying with Spurs, Hopefully Madrid get reported for tapping up. They'd be going ape ###### if any other team was doing the same to Ronaldo!

Madrid will soon learn that they dont always get what they want, they need to knocked down a peg or two anyway they think they own football.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is adamant Gareth Bale will not be sold, despite the Welshman indicating he wants to be allowed to speak with Real Madrid.

The Spanish giants have stepped up their interest but Spurs are refusing to countenance selling Bale even in the face of a possible record ?85m bid.

Real have yet to submit a written offer but Bale is keen to explore their interest, having always dreamt of playing for the Bernabeu club.

Bale has three years left on his deal.

I say let him go, as we saw with Ronaldo no man is bigger than a club

Article doesn't mention a car crash?

Benitez was admitted to hospital with severe stomach pain hours after making his debut against Qatar Sports Club in the Sheikh Jassem Cup but died shortly afterwards. He was 27.

"Benitez, who was with his new club in Qatar, had a severe stomach pain, which was why he was rushed to a hospital, where after a few hours suffered he suffered a cardiorespiratory arrest, which ended his life.

Ridiculous amount of money. No player is worth that.

If Real Madrid want to be mugs, then Spurs should milk them. Ask for ?100m plus a few players.

Ask for Ronaldo. If Real Madrid want Spurs best player, then it is only fair Spurs has theirs :laugh:

Even with all this, i still don't think he'll go. If he does. I think that'll be the end of his career.

Spurs have apparently signed a defender from Steaua Bucharest, Chiriches 7mil!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/418622/Tottenham-set-to-sign-Chelsea-and-Man-City-target-Vlad-Chiriches

Either this signing will be because of Vertonghen's injury and/or Kaboul's fitness, or Spurs are gonna be selling/loaning Caulker to Cardiff (Which i wouldnt mind being from Cardiff)

• Like 1

Ridiculous amount of money. No player is worth that.

If Real Madrid want to be mugs, then Spurs should milk them. Ask for ?100m plus a few players.

Ask for Ronaldo. If Real Madrid want Spurs best player, then it is only fair Spurs has theirs :laugh:

Even with all this, i still don't think he'll go. If he does. I think that'll be the end of his career.

I think it would be wrong to stop him from moving if he wants to go plus to be honest you don't want a sulky player because he doesn't want to be there which is a bit like what will happen with L'pool and Suarez if he doesn't go.

Gareth Bale has told Andre Villas-Boas he wants to leave Tottenham to join Real Madrid in a world-record deal.

Spurs are yet to comment on the offer of more than ?85m lodged by Real several days ago and have not wavered publicly on their stance that the player is not for sale.

In the meantime, Bale spent around five hours at the club's north London training centre on Wednesday and underwent treatment on a muscle injury, departing shortly after 2pm.

And, according to Sky sources, the 24-year-old took the opportunity while there to confirm his desire to leave for Spain.

Villas-Boas said at the weekend he was hopeful of having Bale fit for a friendly against Monaco this Saturday, but the concern now for Tottenham supporters is whether last season's double Player of the Year will be around for the start of the new season.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8849317/transfer-news-gareth-bale-confirms-desire-to-leave-tottenham-for-real-madrid

Thing is, Spurs can still refuse to sell him, but now i think he'll go. Once the player indicates he wants to leave, it usually means he is going.

I hope Spurs take Real Madrid for everything they've got. Get as much money for him and get as many players for him. Mainly because Southampton get 2.5% of the money :laugh:

Saying all this, i'd also love Spurs to flat out refuse to show Real Madrid that they can't bully clubs.

Been confirmed by Spurs!

Chiriches deal has fallen through :( If the inevitable does happen and Bale leaves, i would definitely like to see a player or two come our way in the deal, getting a bit short notice to sign the 8 players required to cover Bale :|

• 4 weeks later...