• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vetJohn Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

Posted 09 May 2013 - 17:34

Total War: Rome II due for release September 3rd
by John Callaham

One of the longest running RTS game franchises will release its next installment on the PC September 3rd. That's the date for the launch of Total War: Rome II, from developer The Creative Assembly and publisher Sega.

Sega's blog post reveals more about the release plans for the game, which will take fans of the Total War franchise back to the ancient Roman Empire once again. Anyone who pre-orders Total War: Rome II will get the first DLC pack for the game for free. The Greek States Culture Pack will add three more factions to the game: Epirus, Athens and Sparta.

Sega will release both a regular edition of the game as well as a collector's edition, which will have a bunch of extras. Only 22,000 individually numbered copies of the collector's edition will be made. The game disc will be enclosed in a debossed Steelbook case. The collector's edition will come with 30 bone-effect game pieces that are designed to play Tabula, a precursor to backgammon.

It will also come with Total War Cards, a two player card game. Finally, the collector's edition comes with a way to assemble a small but functioning replica of the Roman Onager siege catapult. Sega is selling the special edition for $154.99.

Source: Sega

#2 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:08

I just can't wait. I don't even want to know how many hours I've spent on the Total War series, but considering the first Rome game is my favourite, I expect to disappear from the face of the Earth once this one is released...

#3 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 12

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:18

*Sigh* Fine, I get the hint! I'll go and buy a new computer sometime soon so that I can play this awesome game! :angry:

I love the Total War series. It's like the best of both worlds between the Civilization series and Age of Empires. And Rome: Total War was brilliant, I played through it so many times! (That said, I still preferred the chess-style pieces from Medieval: Total War.)