google glass

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 OP +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• 19,062 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 22:45

This was and still is in the back of my mind, I'm not that naive.

And I am not foolish to predict the demise / success of something that has not even been released yet.

#17 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

• 1,838 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 23:33

And I am not foolish to predict the demise / success of something that has not even been released yet.

Just foolish enough not to.

It's not very nice to imply someone is a fool because they have a prediction. I've done nothing to merit such a response, unless of course you're an employee at Google.

#18 OP +techbeck

techbeck

• 19,062 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 23:43

Just foolish enough not to.

It's not very nice to imply someone is a fool because they have a prediction. I've done nothing to merit such a response, unless of course you're an employee at Google.

I said I wasnt foolish to think either way. You said you were not naive (and still had that in the back of your head) about a comment I made...which I took to mean that you were still on the fence on whether or not it will do well. (undecided either way) So if thats the case, I fail to see how I was calling you a fool if/when you are undecided. However, I do think it is foolish to say something will fail when a product is in testing/development and not released to the public.

#19 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

• 1,838 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 23:50

I said I wasnt foolish to think either way.

Yes, I comprehend English.

#20 OP +techbeck

techbeck

• 19,062 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 00:45

Yes, I comprehend English.

I edited my post...dont think you saw it. If I miss interpreted what you said and offended you, then I apologize. Wasnt my intention.

have a good one

#21 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

• 1,838 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 00:53

I edited my post...dont think you saw it. If I miss interpreted what you said and offended you, then I apologize. Wasnt my intention.

have a good one

The way in which you explained it the second time was appreciated. That was the implication I received though and I stand by not feeling foolish for predicting the outcome of some event unfolding. In my mind I feel more at ease with the decisions I might make in the future by preemptively forming an opinion of it. If you like to keep an optimistic neutrality to it all than all the power to you, but I'm far more pessimistic.

#22 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:39

The majority or people who buy this will see it collect dust.

Want to bet? :p

Seriously, I think this will be big. Of course it won't be the next big thing until Apple releases a verison. :D

#23 Torolol

Torolol

• 3,027 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:44

well, its about time for movies theaters & concert to pay the Google co., so google can issue online command to the glasses so it will not recording at specific areas, time & duration.

#24 OP +techbeck

techbeck

• 19,062 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:50

Here is another video and good review of Glass. It has a long way to go, with any new/development, but seems to be a lot of interest in it.

http://www.theverge....j0anCKoY_cS8WD7

#25 Sandor

Sandor

Neowinian Senior

• 3,995 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:55

Would be fun to be an early adopter but luckily I have a bit more sense.

Same with any product really. Give it a few iterations through the hipster/nerd/too much money crowd and then get it when perfected/lower priced/better specced.

#26 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:03

Would be fun to be an early adopter but luckily I have a bit more sense.

I can't afford to, not at $1500 a pop.