Fox to Revive 24 as Limited Series

ap1Mo.jpg

The network is looking to bring back the Emmy-winning real-time thriller as a limited series event, Deadline reports.

No deals are in place in front of or behind the screen, but Kiefer Sutherland is said to be in early talks to reprise his role as Jack Bauer. Former 24 boss Howard Gordon, meanwhile, would likely oversee the revival, per Deadline.

News of a possible 24 rebirth comes just hours after Fox pulled the plug on Sutherland?s Touch.

http://tvline.com/2013/05/09/24-returns-fox-limited-series/

I wish 24 was brought back regardless if Kiefer Sutherland was acting. Would actually prefer someone else. 24 is like James Bond, except Americanized.

Plus, I really like the 1 Season = 1 Full day, and you can watch a full season in one day.

Coming back as a limited series? Is that like a miniseries or something? Maybe they'll just call it 4.

Probably be like 8 episodes over a summer in between tv schedules

I don't think it will happen. Whatever happened to the supposed movie? lol. Yeah probably not going to happen.

I don't think it will happen. Whatever happened to the supposed movie? lol. Yeah probably not going to happen.

I think it's easier with the deal they probably have with Kiefer for a TV show than a movie so there's a good chance

I've been thinking about this for years. If they ever bring back a series like 24. Then Touch get's canned... So what can he do now? I'd love to see what happens after events of Season 8. Russian government is still after him from what he did in season 8.

David Fury has taken to Twitter to confirm the news. Fury, it seems, is writing this new entry into the 24 universe alongside Howard Gordon. Fury also announced that this limited series would feature 12 episodes.

Excellent, the first 4-5 seasons were brilliant I was hooked from one episode to the next. Would be nice to get an 'end' to Jacks story after he just walked away at the end of the last season.

Well I guess they will just have to rename the show to how every many episodes they do, it can't be 24 unless its 24 episodes or the entire series adds up to 24 hours

Well I guess they will just have to rename the show to how every many episodes they do, it can't be 24 unless its 24 episodes or the entire series adds up to 24 hours

Unless each episode is 2 hours long :p

I actually like the idea of just 12 episodes - means they don't have to pad it with silly filler episodes, or just randomly change the threat half way through a season because they wrote themselves into a corner!

Prolly old but figured i'd just drop these here:

Jack Bauer once lost his car keys. He tortured himself for 45 minutes until he learned their location.
Jack Bauer sleeps with a pillow underneath his gun.
Jesus was killed and took three days to come back to life. Jack Bauer did it in an hour. Twice.
(Y)

(i'm at work trying not to crack up :rofl:)