7 replies to this topic

#1 Defiantly

Defiantly

In Capsa Vino Veritas!

• 1,555 posts
  • Phone: IPhone 5S

Posted 10 May 2013 - 00:38

http://www.foxnews.c...tch-gun-makers/

This should go along nicely with the xbox's and ps4's inability to play used games, always on and high price.

GO!:

#2 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 00:45

This should go along nicely with the xbox's and ps4's inability to play used games, always on and high price.

None of that has actually been confirmed.

#3 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 6,000 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 10 May 2013 - 00:46

I don't give 2 craps if the rifle I have in the game is an official brand or not.

#4 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 10 May 2013 - 00:53

This is getting crazy! There is absolutely no evidence that video games can cause kids to become violent then going on shooting sprees, none!

http://www.cbsnews.c...a-complex-link/
From the article above,
"Dr. Christopher Ferguson, department chair of psychology and communications at Texas A&M International University in Laredo, says he has not come across any link between playing violent video games and likelihood for violent behavior."

#5 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 6,000 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 10 May 2013 - 00:54

This is getting crazy! There is absolutely no evidence that video games can cause kids to become violent then going on shooting sprees, none!

http://www.cbsnews.c...a-complex-link/
From the article above,
"Dr. Christopher Ferguson, department chair of psychology and communications at Texas A&M International University in Laredo, says he has not come across any link between playing violent video games and likelihood for violent behavior."

It's still the "in" thing to blame, before it was rock, then heavy metal, then violent movies, now it's violent games.

#6 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:36

If I were them I'd worry more about all the violent content on the TV and in movies.

#7 Torolol

Torolol

• 2,943 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:45

i prefer imanginated guns anyway as they look & acts more cool than the real one.

#8 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:21

Do all made-up guns shoot pure sunshine, lollipops and rainbows? It's a question of "current circumstances justify not paying for a licence rather well, so that's what we'll be doing". And, indeed, no need either. Battle mechanics in games are mostly made-up fantasy land anyway, so why bother.