• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 03 June 2013 - 16:17

It's a right-click menu. Every damn right click menu in the OS, and every other OS for that matter, is hidden.

Is right-click too hard to remember? I mean seriously?

I don't use Windows 8, so I wasn't aware it was just a right click menu. Fact remains though it's 100% hidden with no indication of "Right click here to see the menu". I mean the start button said start and windows when booted for the first time would show the menu open on Vista/7 showing users where to access the options.

The right click menu does not have that. Yes all right click menus are hidden, hell all menus by default are hidden, but some are very easily seen/spotted.

For me, yes it is easy to remember and to use, 8.1 isn't enough for me to switch to 8x from 7, but I am sure there will people be people that do and there will be people that complain about it, it's a given.

#62 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 03 June 2013 - 17:55

I thought it was common practice for users, specially Windows users, to right click on things to find out if it does anything. It should be like reflex after 20 some years of using the OS and majority of people should know that you right click on something and a menu tends to pop up for you. Be it a file, a folder, or even UI elements. You can right click and bring up menus for the taskbar since Windows 95, and the start button itself for as long as I can remember. It honestly shouldn't be so hidden that people don't know about it at all.

This is why MS also tied right clicking in metro apps to bring up the app bar, since in the end the app bar in metro is more or less the same as a right click menu in the desktop. That right click connection has been engraved in many users for a long time so it just made sense for them to do so in metro.

#63 +Quillz

Quillz

A Talking Pokemon

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:03

There you go. Shutdown options in the Win+X menu. Maybe now people can stop complaining, and move on...

Of course people won't stop complaining. Now they'll complain it's too hard to find, it can't be moved to another corner, it's too far down on the menu, they can't customize the highlight color, that it doesn't do x-y-z, etc. People will never stop complaining.

#64 calimike

calimike

Neowinian

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:36

20130622_114856_911.jpg

Windows 8.1 Betta Fish !

http://www.ithome.co.../win8/47336.htm