Win8China: Windows 8.1 EEAP Build 9391 "Developer Preview" Released

Nice, that looks like a updated transfer wizard from Vista/7 but since it's using Skydrive it can now also move more info around. Good stuff.

It may have been brought up, but with the Start icon on the taskbar, will the Start hot corner in the lower left go away? Seems having both will be redundant.

It may have been brought up, but with the Start icon on the taskbar, will the Start hot corner in the lower left go away? Seems having both will be redundant.

Yes it will be replaced, however the winX menu remains.

This is from win8china, they did not say which build, but I guess there is no point to post a build earlier than 9418 (compiled on May 30), guess it's also 9418 too.

Notice in their description: in this build the start button is still hidden, and only appears when hoover mouse to left of task-bar, in later builds it is expected to be fixed on the task-bar.

http://www.win8china.com/html/5300.html

Gggole translated page

Windows8?? ? www.win8china.com ??Windows 8.1??????????????

Windows8 House ( www.win8china.com ): Windows 8.1 in the "Computer" will change is called "This Computer"

June 3 news, Microsoft Windows 8.1 in the early internal version is already in use "This PC" alternative "Computer (Computer)", then this "This PC" Chinese translation what is it?

From soft media the latest available Windows 8.1 look, "This PC" is Microsoft translated into "this computer."

We can notice that the current Windows 8.1 in the Start button in the traditional desktop not displayed by default, it is now necessary to see it over the next "Start Button" will be the default fixed on the task bar.

?

20130603_114109_319.jpg

?

20130603_115147_148.jpg

?

? This is the "This Computer" (click the image below to view larger image)

??

20130603_115327_252.jpg

More features in WinX menu in latest win8.1 build:

Actually in addition to the shutdown menu added, there are 3 additions(all in English) network & powershell functions.

http://www.win8china.com/html/5308.html

Google translation

Increase shutdown / restart, exposure Win8.1 evolutionary version of "Win + X" shortcut keys

Windows8 House ( www.win8china.com ): add shutdown / reboot, exposure Win8.1 evolutionary version of "Win + X" shortcut keys

Windows8 users are aware of, although Microsoft chose Win8 remove the Start button menu, but also increases the start menu of a class of efficient shortcut: it is the "Win + X". Now, Windows 8.1 ushered in evolutionary version of "Win + X" shortcut key, the most notable is the increase in "Shut Down." Hey, who Tucao "Win8 even shutdown can not find" friends, Microsoft has for everyone in the Win8.1 add an "off" entrance.

Here, take a look at Windows 8.1 in a new "Win + X", in its more Win8 be adjusted (we can compare themselves down two chart), the most prominent than the "Off" option, and enter will provide " sleep, shutdown and restart. " Is there Windows7 start menu under that age "off" feeling it?

Although Windows 8.1 ? back "Start Button" and still no "Start Menu", but Microsoft is still the "Start Menu" some of the features retained, just another way to provide the user a. There is no "little touches "mean?

20130603_154113_565.jpg

? Windows 8.1 the latest version of the internal evolution of "Win + X" shortcut keys

The effect you see for the start button right now in 9415/9418 is what you get in metro. In metro it will show up when you hover the mouse down in that corner or use the winkey+tab switcher. It basically replaces the start tile preview with a button that looks the same as it does on the taskbar though they haven't enabled it to be always visible on the taskbar yet in these builds.

Also good to see they updated the power user menu (win+x).

There you go. Shutdown options in the Win+X menu. Maybe now people can stop complaining, and move on...

There you go. Shutdown options in the Win+X menu. Maybe now people can stop complaining, and move on...

The problem is that it is in a hidden, hotkey enabled menu. Yes the start menu was hidden, but it was still right there ready to be clicked, this menu is not. I rarely use hotkeys aside from the basics (Ctrl + N, Alt + T, Ctrl + C,Ctrl + V, Ctrl + X). Everything else I click.

The problem is that it is in a hidden, hotkey enabled menu. Yes the start menu was hidden, but it was still right there ready to be clicked, this menu is not. I rarely use hotkeys aside from the basics (Ctrl + N, Alt + T, Ctrl + C,Ctrl + V, Ctrl + X). Everything else I click.

It's a right-click menu. Every damn right click menu in the OS, and every other OS for that matter, is hidden.

Is right-click too hard to remember? I mean seriously?

It's a right-click menu. Every damn right click menu in the OS, and every other OS for that matter, is hidden.

Is right-click too hard to remember? I mean seriously?

I don't use Windows 8, so I wasn't aware it was just a right click menu. Fact remains though it's 100% hidden with no indication of "Right click here to see the menu". I mean the start button said start and windows when booted for the first time would show the menu open on Vista/7 showing users where to access the options.

The right click menu does not have that. Yes all right click menus are hidden, hell all menus by default are hidden, but some are very easily seen/spotted.

For me, yes it is easy to remember and to use, 8.1 isn't enough for me to switch to 8x from 7, but I am sure there will people be people that do and there will be people that complain about it, it's a given.

I thought it was common practice for users, specially Windows users, to right click on things to find out if it does anything. It should be like reflex after 20 some years of using the OS and majority of people should know that you right click on something and a menu tends to pop up for you. Be it a file, a folder, or even UI elements. You can right click and bring up menus for the taskbar since Windows 95, and the start button itself for as long as I can remember. It honestly shouldn't be so hidden that people don't know about it at all.

This is why MS also tied right clicking in metro apps to bring up the app bar, since in the end the app bar in metro is more or less the same as a right click menu in the desktop. That right click connection has been engraved in many users for a long time so it just made sense for them to do so in metro.

• Like 2

Of course people won't stop complaining. Now they'll complain it's too hard to find, it can't be moved to another corner, it's too far down on the menu, they can't customize the highlight color, that it doesn't do x-y-z, etc. People will never stop complaining.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...