• Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:13

http://www.eteknix.c...u-can-blame-ea/

#2 srbeen

srbeen

Neowinian

• 1,014 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:17

even though I can, I think I'll stick to blaming Nintendo for launching a system with innovation in mind and leaving the 3rd party developers figure out exactly what that innovation was. Guess thats why so many untouched DEV kits just fell back into nintendos arms. http://ca.ign.com/ar...alanche-studios , or rather this link actually; http://www.dashhacks...-untouched.html

Their tablet-ized wii never offered anything for anyone. The 3.2 Million that did buy it are heavily disappointed the tablet won't connect from their toilet too..

#3 Brian M.

Brian M.

Neowinian Senior

• 12,653 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:17

I couldn't care about EAs games on the Wii tbh. I bought it largely for Nintendo's games.

even though I can, I think I'll stick to blaming Nintendo for launching a system with innovation in mind and leaving the 3rd party developers figure out exactly what that innovation was. Their tablet-ized wii never offered anything for anyone. The 3.2 Million that did buy it are heavily disappointed the tablet won't connect from their toilet too..

Actually it has quite a long range. I can sit downstairs playing a Wii game on the tablet with the disk in the Wii upstairs.

#4 Timan

Timan

Fade Away...

• 9,862 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:18

EA has killed a console before... cries... sniffs... DREAMCAST :(

#5 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,518 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:22

I don't think this is EA's fault though. They create a game with minimum requirements in mind like any other company, usually trying to go for the lowest common denominator. In this situation it would be a console, and with the PS3 and Xbox 360 spec'ed in the same area as one another and PCs being able to handle more than a console, it makes sense to choose the PS3 or the Xbox 360 to be your LCD. If Nintendo wants to stand a chance, they need to improve their hardware, not expect games companies to change their plans to suit the console.

But that's just my opinion. It seems to have as much basis for truth as the article.

#6 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

• 5,315 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:28

IF you go by the wii and the DS this article assures that the wii u will sell boat loads eventually. The same thing was said about the wii and the DS.

#7 The Laughing Man

The Laughing Man

Neowinian Senior

• 2,964 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:30

Woah wait hold on, one game company doesn't put a few games on a specific console and all of a sudden its declared dead? That seems like the consoles fault. Not to mention a crappy fud article.

#8 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:35

Hardly EA's fault, its Nintendo's fault for being arrogant and releasing a half baked overclocked Wii and this is coming from a Wii U owner.

Nintendo has never had good third party support since the N64, every console since they have failed to attract them, they've had ample opportunity to shift with the market but they seem to think that Mario and Zelda is enough to sell their own console thesedays.

If there is a next-gen after the PS4/Nextbox I don't think Nintendo will be there.

#9 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:43

Not all products will be successful, but I think its too early to call the Wii u a failure. Nintendo is about fun and not graphics, unlike the ps3 and Xbox.

#10 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 2,727 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:19

Hardly EA's fault, its Nintendo's fault for being arrogant and releasing a half baked overclocked Wii and this is coming from a Wii U owner.

Nintendo has never had good third party support since the N64, every console since they have failed to attract them, they've had ample opportunity to shift with the market but they seem to think that Mario and Zelda is enough to sell their own console thesedays.

If there is a next-gen after the PS4/Nextbox I don't think Nintendo will be there.

unfortunately, the only last good console Nintendo had was the N64; even the Wii wasn't a good competitor for the PS3 and Xbox360. Can't seem to understand Nintendo thought, don't they learn from their mistakes?

#11 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,494 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:27

who's eteknix and why do I care what they say ?

#12 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:33

EA has killed a console before... cries... sniffs... DREAMCAST :(

Killed an entire competing sports line too, which was better than the EA games...

#13 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,810 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:37

Not all products will be successful, but I think its too early to call the Wii u a failure. Nintendo is about fun and not graphics, unlike the ps3 and Xbox.

If they were just about fun, they didn't need to go any further than the Wii. Instead, they tried to make it about graphics and more gimmicks. Guess that's not looking so hot now, though!

#14 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:44

If they were just about fun, they didn't need to go any further than the Wii. Instead, they tried to make it about graphics and more gimmicks. Guess that's not looking so hot now, though!

Nintendo should have just added hd support to the original Wii and a slightly faster cpu and gpu. Then call it Wii HD

#15 ryoohki

ryoohki

Neowinian

• 307 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:50

The problem is that Nintendo relaesed a console with a weaker cpu than xbox last year when game engines are going full 4 - 8 cores compatible as the new gen xbox and ps arrive. Battlefield engine was a great exemple of that, crysis 3 benifit from hyperthreading etc.