The Wii U Is Unofficially Dead And You Can Blame EA

even though I can, I think I'll stick to blaming Nintendo for launching a system with innovation in mind and leaving the 3rd party developers figure out exactly what that innovation was. Guess thats why so many untouched DEV kits just fell back into nintendos arms. http://ca.ign.com/ar...alanche-studios , or rather this link actually; http://www.dashhacks.com/wii-u/wii-u-hacks/wii-u-dev-kits-returned-to-nintendo-untouched.html

Their tablet-ized wii never offered anything for anyone. The 3.2 Million that did buy it are heavily disappointed the tablet won't connect from their toilet too..

I couldn't care about EAs games on the Wii tbh. I bought it largely for Nintendo's games.

even though I can, I think I'll stick to blaming Nintendo for launching a system with innovation in mind and leaving the 3rd party developers figure out exactly what that innovation was. Their tablet-ized wii never offered anything for anyone. The 3.2 Million that did buy it are heavily disappointed the tablet won't connect from their toilet too..

Actually it has quite a long range. I can sit downstairs playing a Wii game on the tablet with the disk in the Wii upstairs.

I don't think this is EA's fault though. They create a game with minimum requirements in mind like any other company, usually trying to go for the lowest common denominator. In this situation it would be a console, and with the PS3 and Xbox 360 spec'ed in the same area as one another and PCs being able to handle more than a console, it makes sense to choose the PS3 or the Xbox 360 to be your LCD. If Nintendo wants to stand a chance, they need to improve their hardware, not expect games companies to change their plans to suit the console.

But that's just my opinion. It seems to have as much basis for truth as the article.

IF you go by the wii and the DS this article assures that the wii u will sell boat loads eventually. The same thing was said about the wii and the DS.

Woah wait hold on, one game company doesn't put a few games on a specific console and all of a sudden its declared dead? That seems like the consoles fault. Not to mention a crappy fud article.

Hardly EA's fault, its Nintendo's fault for being arrogant and releasing a half baked overclocked Wii and this is coming from a Wii U owner.

Nintendo has never had good third party support since the N64, every console since they have failed to attract them, they've had ample opportunity to shift with the market but they seem to think that Mario and Zelda is enough to sell their own console thesedays.

If there is a next-gen after the PS4/Nextbox I don't think Nintendo will be there.

• Like 2

Not all products will be successful, but I think its too early to call the Wii u a failure. Nintendo is about fun and not graphics, unlike the ps3 and Xbox.

Hardly EA's fault, its Nintendo's fault for being arrogant and releasing a half baked overclocked Wii and this is coming from a Wii U owner.

Nintendo has never had good third party support since the N64, every console since they have failed to attract them, they've had ample opportunity to shift with the market but they seem to think that Mario and Zelda is enough to sell their own console thesedays.

If there is a next-gen after the PS4/Nextbox I don't think Nintendo will be there.

unfortunately, the only last good console Nintendo had was the N64; even the Wii wasn't a good competitor for the PS3 and Xbox360. Can't seem to understand Nintendo thought, don't they learn from their mistakes?

EA has killed a console before... cries... sniffs... DREAMCAST :(

Killed an entire competing sports line too, which was better than the EA games...

Not all products will be successful, but I think its too early to call the Wii u a failure. Nintendo is about fun and not graphics, unlike the ps3 and Xbox.

If they were just about fun, they didn't need to go any further than the Wii. Instead, they tried to make it about graphics and more gimmicks. Guess that's not looking so hot now, though!

If they were just about fun, they didn't need to go any further than the Wii. Instead, they tried to make it about graphics and more gimmicks. Guess that's not looking so hot now, though!

Nintendo should have just added hd support to the original Wii and a slightly faster cpu and gpu. Then call it Wii HD

The problem is that Nintendo relaesed a console with a weaker cpu than xbox last year when game engines are going full 4 - 8 cores compatible as the new gen xbox and ps arrive. Battlefield engine was a great exemple of that, crysis 3 benifit from hyperthreading etc.

Nintendo should have just added hd support to the original Wii and a slightly faster cpu and gpu. Then call it Wii HD

Not too different to what they did with the Gamecube, and called it the Wii. :p

Sad, but very true :(

Yeah, but those kids already play the 3DS and games on the iPad/other tablet. The Wii will last for a while, the WiiU will flop and then Nintendo's marketshare on the console market will be gone.

EA has killed a console before... cries... sniffs... DREAMCAST :(

Just hoping your sarcasm is strong there and not the IQ of a banana.

The problem is that the games industry is kind of collapsing under it's own weight, years ago it was quite simple to make a game, now you have to have a massive team with a lot of funding, just look at the credits of many modern games, the list seems longer than many films.

Companys like EA are moving to a standard middleware platform to help speed up development and to reduce costs, the unreal engine middleware pretty much powered the xbox360 generation of games, i know there are others out there such as frostbite and Cryengine however the unreal is found in more games. I don't blame EA for this move, as Nintendo could like sony have worked with the developers and publishers and take on advice on how the console might work for them.

The real problem for me though is that Nintendo is the most consumer friendly of the consoles, they all use SD cards and the consoles are usually built like bricks/nokia phones. It's a shame because i really love nintendo's stuff, i love their hardware and the games, i obviously wish they were more powerful, however after the general consensus of the Wii being under powered i thought nintendo might have learnt and not repeated the mistake again, as the Wii only ended up with a couple of classics from third parties with a lot of it being shovelware.

The problem is that the games industry is kind of collapsing under it's own weight, years ago it was quite simple to make a game, now you have to have a massive team with a lot of funding, just look at the credits of many modern games, the list seems longer than many films.

The blossoming Indie game market, which is nothing more really than a return to the grass roots of video gaming, shows that the days of the megacorp video game companies are numbered, unless they adapt. Games have become too much about the visual experience and have forgotten the most important factor, playability.

Back in the 8/16 bit days, you loaded up a game and you would play that one game for months and months before you eventually completed the thing. These days, you're done in 4-6 hours. Indie gaming is starting to bring that back.

LOL @ someone ranting and moaning because EA tried to get an old engine running and failed to get decent performance so didn't even bother trying a more updated (and thus needing more beefy hardware) engine for a console where a 'scheduled patch' makes games take FIFTEEN SECONDS less time to load.

No, it's not EA's fault the console is ****, and yes, it IS ****.

LOL @ someone ranting and moaning because EA tried to get an old engine running and failed to get decent performance so didn't even bother trying a more updated (and thus needing more beefy hardware) engine for a console where a 'scheduled patch' makes games take FIFTEEN SECONDS less time to load.

They are the kind of people who would complain that the WiiU version ran like crap if they had spent time porting the engine over.

While the console has issues, it would help if you actually knew what you where talking about and your post wasn't riddled with factual errors.

the patch was NOT to fix game loading time, it was to reduce the loading of the dashboard by 15 seconds. also how is that a bad thing. MS also significantly reduced the loading time of the dashboard in numerous updates. Granted going back to the e-shop or dashboard form a game was really slow on the WiiU