A Mountlake Terrace, Wash., teenager accidentally swallowed a piece of grill brush wire while eating, which ultimately got stuck in his intestines ? ?stabbing him from the inside out,? :| The Seattle Times reported.

It all happened innocently enough.

?Somehow, one of the tiny, hair-like wires got stuck in one of the grills in the barbecue, and in a one-in-a million chance, it got stuck in a piece of chicken that I ate and made it most of the way through my body,? Tristin Beck, 16, told The Seattle Times from his hospital bed.

Tristin explained the wire became stuck in his intestines, and ?basically started stabbing me from the inside out.?

Tristin said he came to the Seattle Children?s Hospital when intense stomach cramps turned to vomiting and his symptoms worsened. When doctors couldn?t find anything wrong after running tests, they turned to exploratory surgery and found the culprit.

Doctors said he?ll make a full recovery, but one expert said this is just one example of a common and life-threatening incident.

more

I wonder how many lawyers have already called.... :laugh:

It doesn't say the chicken was from a restaurant. More likely it was just a home bbq.

A similar incident happened to a friend of mine a few years ago. He ordered a pizza from a restaurant and finished it off without a problem. A few days later, he started having some chest pain and discomfort. From what doctors suggest, the 'metal wire' started migrating through his esophagus and into one of his arteries. He required emergency surgury a few days later after immense pain, vomitting blood and fever-like symptoms. Turns out, it was the small wire that you would use on a bag for a loaf of bread.

The restaurant is still in business and if he chose to, he can eat there for free... for life. He doesn't.

Nah, a strong magnet will do. :) Go grab a blown speaker, knock the magnet off and run it over your food, wash of the dirt from the magnet, and reseason and you are done! /sarcasm

Somewhat related, I have a cat that ate sewing thread. Ended up in the animal hospital as the thread got bound in her intestines and was slicing them. Expensive cat now.

I hope to this day, nobody in our family ever runs across metal of any kind in our food. Especially something like that.

It doesn't say the chicken was from a restaurant. More likely it was just a home bbq.

....thats true but you never know when some opportunist wants to sue the grill brush company for a defective bristle. :s