14 posts in this topic

Posted

A Mountlake Terrace, Wash., teenager accidentally swallowed a piece of grill brush wire while eating, which ultimately got stuck in his intestines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I wonder how many lawyers have already called.... :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

at least he got his iron

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I wonder how many lawyers have already called.... :laugh:

It doesn't say the chicken was from a restaurant. More likely it was just a home bbq.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

isn't that an old torture method? roll up a springy wire really tight, put it in a piece of meat and make the person eat it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

When I saw the topic title, I thought he did it intentionally as some sort of new emo ritual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Would something like this not show up on an xray??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

"accidentally swallowed a piece of grill brush wire while eating"

Chew your food much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

A similar incident happened to a friend of mine a few years ago. He ordered a pizza from a restaurant and finished it off without a problem. A few days later, he started having some chest pain and discomfort. From what doctors suggest, the 'metal wire' started migrating through his esophagus and into one of his arteries. He required emergency surgury a few days later after immense pain, vomitting blood and fever-like symptoms. Turns out, it was the small wire that you would use on a bag for a loaf of bread.

The restaurant is still in business and if he chose to, he can eat there for free... for life. He doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

A one in a million chance? I think after scrubbing a sticky grill with a wire brush the odds are a wee bit higher than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I guess we need metal detectors for food now ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Nah, a strong magnet will do. :) Go grab a blown speaker, knock the magnet off and run it over your food, wash of the dirt from the magnet, and reseason and you are done! /sarcasm

Somewhat related, I have a cat that ate sewing thread. Ended up in the animal hospital as the thread got bound in her intestines and was slicing them. Expensive cat now.

I hope to this day, nobody in our family ever runs across metal of any kind in our food. Especially something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

It doesn't say the chicken was from a restaurant. More likely it was just a home bbq.

....thats true but you never know when some opportunist wants to sue the grill brush company for a defective bristle. :s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Some people just have terrible luck, for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.