5 posts in this topic

CBS has canceled long-running procedural CSI: NY, freshman Vegas and long-running pinch hitter Rules of Engagement.

The New York-set Crime Scene Investigation spinoff will not return for a 10th season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Following a condensed 17-episode season (its shortest to date) the series edged CSI: Miami for the eleventh-hour pickup last season.

This year, the Friday series -- which remained a cash cow for its network and sister studio -- was a mixed bag on the typically low-rated night. Despite holding its own against fare including Grimm, Fringe and Supernatural, CBS opted not to move forward with the series. In a telling sign of the veteran drama's future, core cast members including Natalie Martinez and Hill Harper have already lined up new series regular roles in first position -- on USA Network's Covert Affairs and CBS' summer drama Under the Dome, respectively.

CSI: NY's departure leaves only the flagship series as the remaining show in the franchise after CBS dropped spinoff CSI: Miami last year. The future of the series had been in question after being left off CBS' massive renewal in March, when it renewed seven dramas. For its part, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation was renewed in March for a 14th season with Ted Danson and Elisabeth Shue set to return.

The cancellation comes after CBS has picked up two dramas -- Intelligence and Hostages -- for 2013-14.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-cancels-csi-ny-vegas-520885

Well, that sucks. I really liked Rules of Engagement. On the other hand it's been 7 seasons and maybe it's time to watch something new :)

Actually I just saw that Golden Boy was canceled by CBS as well. :(

I thought it was a good show and had potential. I hate it when networks cancel new shows so fast.

All the networks seem to be getting cancel happy these days.

All the networks seem to be getting cancel happy these days.

Out with the old in with the new ;)

Out with the old in with the new ;)

Most of the shows canned are newish :p