Believe

R8Tnc.png

Between Star Trek Into Darkness, Star Wars: Episode VII, and Gravity, J.J. Abrams and Alfonso Cuaron have been busy little bees in recent days. While a workload like that might crush mere mortals such as ourselves, that didn?t stop the two from teaming up to produce a new pilot for a series called Believe. With a creative team like this pushing it forward, it should come as no surprise that NBC picked up the show for the upcoming fall season. Check out the first picture from the series up above.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the cast of Believe includes Jake McLaughlin (Warrior), Kyle MacLachlan (Twin Peaks), Delroy Lindo (Romeo Must Die), Sienna Guillory (Resident Evil: Retribution), Jamie Chung (Sucker Punch), Arian Moayad (The Following), and newcomer Johnny Sequoyah.

In Believe, ?an unlikely relationship develops between a young girl [sequoyah] with a gift and a man sprung from prison [McLaughlin] who has been tasked with protecting her from the evil elements that hunt her power.? In seven years powers will manifest within the girl, named Bo, and she?ll be able to defeat evil, or something like that. But before she can take care of herself, Tate (McLaughlin), and a mysterious support network, must keep her safe.

Guillory plays an assassin named Moore, who apparently has an ice-cold demeanor and some serious mommy issues to deal with. Chung?s character is a young woman named Channing, who works for a man called Winter (Lindo), both of whom are part of the network that steps in and lends a hand when Tate and Bo are in a tough spot.

The production team also includes Bryan Burke (Lost) and Mark Friedman (The Forgotten). Cuaron and Friedman handled the script, and while Cuaron helmed the pilot.

I remember hearing about this, where it would be like six seasons before the main character developed her powers. I hope we see a wee bit of an adjustment to that...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow that trailer is horrible, the show sounds like it could be interesting, but the trailer killed any hopes of that

It sounds potentially interesting, I like J.J. Abrams and I like the cast, but that trailer almost put me to sleep.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dunno the pilot was alright, nothing spectacular at all!

I hate to say this, and I am not a JJ Abrams hater (heck, I adore Lost), but it had JJ Abrams name attached. Considering the crap he's attached his name to in recent years, I'm not surprised.

When was this on?  NBC is on olympics right now.  No new shows until at least next week.

I'm not sure if it's a leak but pilots of this show and Crisis (also NBC) are already available you-know-where (ahoy).

• 3 weeks later...

my wife said it was not good at all, she actually fell asleep watching it.. I thought it was decent.. Want to give it more episodes to see if it picks up

Very meh to be honest, nothing we haven't seen before. It's like a cutesy version of Heroes.

my wife said it was not good at all, she actually fell asleep watching it.. I thought it was decent.. Want to give it more episodes to see if it picks up

J.J. Abrams on it.... you'll have many episodes to see if it does, I'm afraid... :D

Caught this last night. Didn't really enjoy it even though I wanted too after Heroes and touch were cancelled and it is a similar kind of genre. Sadly I found all of the characters extremely hard to like. The acting was quite poor. The fight scenes were below standard and the CGI was pretty awful with the exception of the crash in the first 30 seconds. Kind of shocked how the opening was quite well done but that scenes with the pigeons and the fight scenes were pretty awful.

I will give it another couple of episodes to pick up but I have a gut feeling this isn't going to be something I continue to watch.

Slightly off topic ...

A show I did quite enjoy from the first episode this week was Resurrection. Looking forward to the next episode. Also the return of The Mentalist this week is good :yes: Favourite show so far this year is still Hannibal though. I just love the style and that fight scene at the start of episode one was awesome!

Guys, it's a pilot. The rest of the episodes will be different. The assassin that was looking for them is not in the show, only the pilot as she dropped out. The show has gone through a lot of production changes, so let's reserve some judgement.

I think it has great potential, but we'll just have to see where it goes.