Just got back from vacation, need to overclock!

Hello people, I bought my system before leaving to the keys and I just got back a few days ago and want to overclock my system. I've been looking online EVERYWHERE but I can't find any good guides to overclock my rig. The ONLY place I can seem to get good advice or help is here. So I'm asking again family and friends, please help me to overclock this thing!

Here is my setup, let me know what you need to know and I will get you as much information as I can.

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+

AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz

G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB DDR3 1866 <~~ Can't get it past 1600!!!

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

What else do you need to know and forgive my ignorance in advance, I haven't OC'd in 6-7 years

Well I got tired of waiting and got it to 5.0GHz. It boots but isn't stable lol. Imma raise the voltage and see if it makes a difference.

Do you REALLY need to overclock an 8 core, 4GHz CPU?

It already has a turbo core mode which ups it to 4.2GHz, I've had my Core i5 2400 for well over two years now and I've never felt the need to overclock it. The GPU matters more thesedays with them taking over CPU functions.

Do you REALLY need to overclock an 8 core, 4GHz CPU?

It already has a turbo core mode which ups it to 4.2GHz, I've had my Core i5 2400 for well over two years now and I've never felt the need to overclock it. The GPU matters more thesedays with them taking over CPU functions.

No I don't need to and might not even keep it. But I just wanted to try my hand at it since it's been so many years. 5GHz isn't even stable anyway. I'm happy with it out the box.

I'd never mess with voltages, the more power you put into the CPU the hotter it will become and if you push it too far you could damage it.

I'd never mess with voltages, the more power you put into the CPU the hotter it will become and if you push it too far you could damage it.

Even when I pushed it 5GHz is unstable so back to stock voltage. No need to go that high, I found a stable setting without touching anything else but CPU Clock.

Yeah they have great people/ethiusiasts like us whom have the knowledge to spread!

I have learned about overclocking and modifying my case there :)

FYI be sure to check if they have a topic for your computer case, you might see some great inspiration!

• Like 1