What's the name of your Wi-fi?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The Bat Cave (The WIFI Network I use)

Repair Desk (Segregated guest network for customers computers on Wi-Fi)

and CD (Connected devices.. it's the segregated guest network for IOT devices)

• 1 month later...

LucifersPlayground

Still amazes me when I see how many people keep their SSID default telling everyone who their ISP is and what hardware they have. Ist about time ISPs started to make the install include a wizard to change the SSID and set a new default password. Sure some will forget their password but give them full a clear warnings (not small print type) and something to record it on.

On 01/11/2021 at 05:45, StrikedOut said:

LucifersPlayground

Still amazes me when I see how many people keep their SSID default telling everyone who their ISP is and what hardware they have. Ist about time ISPs started to make the install include a wizard to change the SSID and set a new default password. Sure some will forget their password but give them full a clear warnings (not small print type) and something to record it on.

Yep ..especially when their ISP is frontier and frontier secures everyone's Wi-Fi with their telephone number. If they don't use their ISP name they mostly use their last name, which makes it really easy to look up their phone number.

They don't want to do that because it would be a tech support nightmare. Which is why I think frontier is dumb enough to use people's phone numbers.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are a few visible from my desk at home that amuse me. you can tell who the only internet provider in my area is.

image.png.32276d62aae4ea10929573dd36d03185.png

My downstairs wifi names are GetAway on the 2.4ghz and KeepOut on the 5ghz. My upstairs names are Uranus on 2.4ghz and MyAnus on 5ghz. :)

Some people get the goofiest looks on the faces when they see those last 2 on their phones.

mines call lizard as the Wife likes lizards, and a mate who lives in the absolute middle of nowhere called his MH370

I can't be bothered to change my Wi-Fi router name as my provider can push a software / firmware update that resets the Wi-Fi name. It's happened before and it will happen again. It's a standard FTTH_xxxxxx name

Meh. Sad tears 

Some that show up on my phone:  You have to guess which ones are mine :D

1- SlackemHackemJackem951

2- TheDarkKnightIsHere

3- YourMommas666Connector

4- MyMommas666Connector

5- ItsonlyDataYoursnotMine

6- ScottyWeNeedMoarPowahDestructSequence1

7- 1mbBullshitIn10pbBullshitOut

8- ForeverSellingYourShit

9- Yoursearchismyhoneypot

10- NoUcantHaveMy998877Data