• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 ThisIsStockerHD

ThisIsStockerHD

Neowinian

• 1,209 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 13 May 2013 - 22:01

Yes how dare he. If everyone in the world just put up with bullying and physical abuse we'd be so much better off!

/s

There's a difference between "bullying" and getting a kick me sign put on your back.

#17 +GreenMartian

GreenMartian

Neowinian Senior

• 1,777 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 22:08

Jeez, people. He's been bullied for MONTHS. He could either lash out (and gets himself fired), simply quit, or sue and get some big $$ and hopefully result in Intel learning something out of it.

I know which one I would pick...

#18 limok

limok

Neowinian

• 1,211 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4, iPhone 5

Posted 13 May 2013 - 22:17

Hope he gets a nice settlement, never should've tolerated it in the first place though.

#19 Jaybot

Jaybot

Neowinian

• 272 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 22:30

criminal conviction? wow. that is just stupid. let their human resources department deal with it and terminate them (which they did)

this is just so stupid.

#20 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• 6,519 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 13 May 2013 - 22:36

Hmmm, facepalm incoming.

Suing because of a kick me sign? Really?
Christ....

welcome to America, where we sue first and ask questions later :/

Jeez, people. He's been bullied for MONTHS. He could either lash out (and gets himself fired), simply quit, or sue and get some big $$ and hopefully result in Intel learning something out of it.

I know which one I would pick...

or he could have done the correct thing and gone to his boss right away. and if his boss doesn't listen then you go to the person above him and they both get in trouble. pretty standard procedure honestly

#21 Conjor

Conjor

Software EIT

• 891 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 13 May 2013 - 22:53

For those who don't quite understand the law, he has been harassed and physically assaulted in the workplace. I beg of you, educate yourselves on the consequences of such actions before commenting on how "childish" it all is. Assuming this has been going on for several weeks, there will be several counts of each.

I say again, he has been harassed and physically assaulted. Try walking into a law firm and putting a "Kick Me" sign on the back of a lawyer and then proceed to kick him. Go on, do it. I'll wait.

#22 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• 6,519 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 13 May 2013 - 22:59

For those who don't quite understand the law, he has been harassed and physically assaulted in the workplace. I beg of you, educate yourselves on the consequences of such actions before commenting on how "childish" it all is. Assuming this has been going on for several weeks, there will be several counts of each.

I say again, he has been harassed and physically assaulted. Try walking into a law firm and putting a "Kick Me" sign on the back of a lawyer and then proceed to kick him. Go on, do it. I'll wait.

and he did nothing about it and just put up with it. if he really wanted it to stop he could have gone to his boss, or his boss' boss or even higher if he had to

i see no where in the article where it says he tried to go to his boss about it

#23 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 17,819 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 23:03

People just cannot take a joke any more. If he would of just laughed it off to begin with, probably wouldn't of continued.

#24 Ph1b3r0pt1c

Ph1b3r0pt1c

Neowinian

• 425 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 23:04

Yes how dare he. If everyone in the world just put up with bullying and physical abuse we'd be so much better off!

/s

I know right. I am glad you agree with me.

#25 aionaddict

aionaddict

Neowinian

• 992 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 23:07

There's a difference between "bullying" and getting a kick me sign put on your back.

Yes but in this case it seems there was a lot more going on before the sign incident.

#26 +GreenMartian

GreenMartian

Neowinian Senior

• 1,777 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 13:32

i see no where in the article where it says he tried to go to his boss about it

Not in that article itself, no. But unlike some people, I don't go around in public forums screaming "crybaby", "sissy", etc, without having the full story.

His supervisor told him to "Get over it, and move on," his lawsuit claims. His supervisor also praised one of the pranksters as "a stand up guy" for admitting he put the "kick-me" tag on Mr. Palacio's back.
Mr. Palacio claims he never received a response from Intel's HR department until he finally reported the incident to police. (src)

So that's one side of the story. Intel still fails to comment on the incident, so we can't hear their side. I'd rather reserve my judgment until then, and not start calling people names and make myself look like an idiot.

#27 M_Lyons10

M_Lyons10

Neowinian Senior

• 13,886 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 13:47

Most work places have pretty clear harassment policies that will lead to dismissal for this sort of thing. Not sure about the need for criminal convictions though.

Yeah, agreed. If this wasn't handled appropriately by someone in charge there is definitely something wrong... With that said though, that person needs to take responsibility for this. If he didn't ride this up, I don't see what Intel did here. I mean, if he did those things, then fine, but far too often people sue because a company has a lot of money before they even take up an issue with HR...

#28 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,497 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 13:48

criminal conviction? wow. that is just stupid. let their human resources department deal with it and terminate them (which they did)

this is just so stupid.

From what i understand (sorry english is not me first language) he asked the guy to remove the sign but the guy kicked him in the butt instead.

After that, another coworker, Chris Zeltinger, was asked to help remove the sign, but instead kicked Palacio twice.

This is a serious offense and yes it can very well be a criminal one.

#29 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,426 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 14 May 2013 - 14:00

I don't see why some of you can't understand why these people were arrested. They assaulted someone. It doesn't matter where they assaulted them, or the severity of it. They committed a crime, so why is it so surprising? Maybe if the bullying was just hiding his clean room suit, or something else passive aggressive, then it would have simply been an HR thing and police wouldn't have been involved.

As for suing the company. It seems this bullying has been going on for quite some time. We definitely don't have all of the information, but it did seem like the guy went to his manager and HR to put a stop to it. However, the fact that his manager was so callus about the physical abuse, I'm not surprised the guy sued. Nothing was getting resolved through the proper channels, and physical or mental abuse in any context (especially the workplace) should not be tolerated. I would have done the same thing.

#30 Radium

Radium

Neowinian

• 1,239 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 14:04

Those of you in this thread that support the ******* should be put on a public square and be humiliated for hours, every day for several years.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!