usa safe haven consumer goods speculators

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 19:08

I like to invest in tagible items too. I think water will be worth a lot some day so I am stocking up on water. If I wait long enough it will be worth more than gold.

Maybe one day, but how long do you think it will be before it's worth something? Will we see it during our lifetime?

#17 BillyJack

BillyJack

Neowinian

• 755 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 21:22

Maybe one day, but how long do you think it will be before it's worth something? Will we see it during our lifetime?

I was only joking but it will be true someday. I think it is possible during our life time or our kids. Water is getting more poluted everyday as we put high demands on this earth. Chemicals from factories, farming, residential neighborhoods, street runoff, mining, oil, fracing for natural gas. Despite these problems the demand for water keeps rising. Sure we can clean the water but that takes energy and that is becoming a problem too. With iceburgs breaking off all the time you think a company would start up and harvest the rogue iceburg and store it somewhere to be sold and used.

#18 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,935 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 21:34

I like to invest in tagible items too. I think water will be worth a lot some day so I am stocking up on water. If I wait long enough it will be worth more than gold.

I believe the Bush family is doing this in South America. :laugh:

http://www.squidoo.c...r-privatization

#19 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 00:31

^ Maybe we should buy in now, before it's too late.

#20 redvamp128

redvamp128

Neowinian Senior

• 3,926 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 00:58

I know there are still gold out there it just has to be found... Not to mention just think about how the old way they processed for gold in the past didn't catch all the gold.

Posted Image

#21 thomastmc

thomastmc

Unofficial Attorney of Neowin

• 1,329 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 928

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:31

You know what they say about putting all of your eggs in one basket...

If you believe anything is a sure bet, you're naïve.

Besides that, gold is being used at a profit center for those who prey on the fears of the lesser intelligent, i.e. Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, George Noory, etc.

#22 +LogicalApex

LogicalApex

Software Engineer

• 6,351 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:51

I wouldn't be afraid to invest in gold. It's one of those things that will only climb with time.

If you're a smart investor you would know there is no such thing as a safe investment. All investments can, and do, drop in value. If anything, there is quite possibly a very large bubble in Gold that may burst soon. There has been a large amount of Gold hording by people who irrationally believe it is some sort of safe haven (it isn't).

Posted Image