The Blacklist

deuTa.png

For decades, ex-government agent Raymond "Red" Reddington (James Spader) has been one of the FBI's most wanted fugitives. Brokering shadowy deals for criminals across the globe, Red was known by many as "The Concierge of Crime."

Now, he's mysteriously surrendered to the FBI with an explosive offer: he will help catch a long-thought-dead terrorist, Ranko Zamani, under the condition that he speaks only to Elizabeth "Liz" Keen, an FBI pro?ler fresh out of Quantico. For Liz, it's going to be one hell of a ?rst day on the job.

What follows is a twisting series of events as the race to stop a terrorist begins. What are Red's true intentions? Why has he chosen Liz, a woman with whom he seemingly has no connection? Does Liz have secrets of her own?

Zamani, we come to ?nd out, is only the ?rst of many on a list that Red has compiled over the years: a "blacklist" of politicians, mobsters, spies and international terrorists. He will help catch them all... with the caveat that Liz continues to work as his partner. Red will teach Liz to think like a criminal and "see the bigger picture"... whether she wants to or not.

From writer/executive producer Jon Bokenkamp ("Taking Lives") and executive producers John Eisendrath ("Alias," "My Own Worst Enemy") and John Davis ("Gulliver's Travels," "Predator") comes a global thriller that will become more mysterious with each name on the list. One-hour drama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9_qgX7pTlc

Looks decent! Also, James Spader :).

Is there a start date or airing day yet?

Looks decent! Also, James Spader :).

Is there a start date or airing day yet?

It's starting in the Fall, on Mondays

It's starting in the Fall, on Mondays

I'll add it to my notepad TV schedule :D. Thanks! :p

I'm feeling a similarity to Hannibal.

This. Parts of the trailer look like scenes from Silence of the Lambs. Will check the pilot but definitely interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, how long has it been? When did he lose his hair!!!!?!?!?!? For a moment I couldn't tell who it was when I watched the youtube video but then I heard the voice and saw the close up. I miss him and Shatner in Boston Legal, only reason I watched the show.

Yeah, how long has it been? When did he lose his hair!!!!?!?!?!? For a moment I couldn't tell who it was when I watched the youtube video but then I heard the voice and saw the close up. I miss him and Shatner in Boston Legal, only reason I watched the show.

Yeah used to love Boston Legal

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

He had hair in The Office. Did you guys think for a second that maybe, just maybe, the character he is portraying has no hair so they shaved it off?

Seems like another case of case to case junk with law enforcement. These kind of series rarely keep my interest. Also, if you want to save time, just watch the trailer as it simply tells everything that happens in the first episode.

I didn't feel like the husband and wife gelled at all but kept watching, and aside from the obvious Hannibal references to the plot I'm going to give this a try and see if I can get into it.

Not very impressed with the lead actress atm and her fake palm scar issues :/

I saw it, looks good to me.  I'm interested in the twists that are going to show up for sure through the course of the season.