3 replies to this topic

#1 vetJohn Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 666 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 19:33

Payday 2 to launch in August
by John Callaham

The original Payday: The Heist first person shooter turned into a sleeper hit for developer Overkill Software. The game, which was released for the PS3 and PC via download in the fall of 2011, had players take on the roles of robbers in various crimes such as bank jobs. The game ended up selling 700,000 copies in its first year.

Today, Joystiq reports that the sequel, Payday 2, will be released in August for the PC (download only on Steam) as well as for the PS3 and, for the first time in the series, for the Xbox 360 console. The console versions will also be released in retail disc versions via publisher 505 Games in addition to their downloadable editions.

The sequel, according to a recent preview on Polygon, will have more complex missions than the original. Player characters will be able to unlock new skills as they move along in missions and stealth will also be a part of the gameplay design in some areas. Payday 2 will have a loot drop feature that will offer players a chance to get a hold of new weapons, accessories and masks. You can also expect a lot of post-release DLC content for Payday 2.

Source: Joystiq | Image via Overkill Software

#2 The Laughing Man

The Laughing Man

Neowinian Senior

• 2,964 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 19:36

Pay was (still is) fun to play, Nothing like a good old coop game. Wish more games had decent coop.

#3 lunamonkey

lunamonkey

Ten years on Neowin.

• 9,028 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:52

Sweet! I haven't played Payday 1 since before Christmas. It got a bit "grindy" after the micro-arg-secret.

Looking forward to the evolution of Payday 2 into bigger heists though.

#4 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,632 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:09

Cool, I'll be looking forward to getting that one too :)