rift trion worlds gaming

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 ValeS

ValeS

Neowinian

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:46

And almost no one gives a damn!

Auto-attack hotkey based MMOs are a dying breed; and good riddance, they are boring as sin.

FFXIV was changed to be auto-attack based because of its critical failure due to SE's incompetence. They showed even more incompetence when they started changing things to mimic FFXI. Now the re-release (ARR) is just a Final Fantasy themed WoW; it's disgusting. I will always be sad when I think of FFXIV. I enjoyed it for what it was and wished it was more polished, diverse and had more content. Shame what they did to it.

You think RIFT is an auto attack MMO? Good luck if you try to attack your way even through the tutorial zone, LOL!

#17 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 16 May 2013 - 14:09

The way I see it there won't be a subscription option for the game after the 12th......it's either 100% free with fewer character slots and bag slots or you own the game and/or expansion and get extra character slots and bag spaces.

That being said, if you sign up on Raptr, install their desktop app and log some time in on the free version as it stands right now, you get both the game and expansion completely free, and 30 days of game time (which will give you playtime straight into when it goes free).

That's what I'm doing right now......I don't think I'll jump straight into Rift, but if I ever want to play it in the near future I'll have the extra features and access to the expansion souls.

I am burnt out on tab-target MMOs though, playing Neverwinter a ton lately and tab-targetting like traditional MMOs just feels so inferior it makes the gameplay really mundane.

Same here - I'm logging in time via Raptr (and I have until the 30th of JUNE); that means I should have both the full game AND be working on the free month by the conversion (12 June).

*seriously have my smirk on*

#18 Shaun N.

Shaun N.

Perfidious

Posted 16 May 2013 - 15:54

bah, i have the authenticator on mine and i have a new phone since then. I can see this being a ball ache to remove :(

#19 Patrick831

Patrick831

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 16 May 2013 - 16:20

The way I see it there won't be a subscription option for the game after the 12th......it's either 100% free with fewer character slots and bag slots or you own the game and/or expansion and get extra character slots and bag spaces.

That being said, if you sign up on Raptr, install their desktop app and log some time in on the free version as it stands right now, you get both the game and expansion completely free, and 30 days of game time (which will give you playtime straight into when it goes free).

That's what I'm doing right now......I don't think I'll jump straight into Rift, but if I ever want to play it in the near future I'll have the extra features and access to the expansion souls.

I am burnt out on tab-target MMOs though, playing Neverwinter a ton lately and tab-targetting like traditional MMOs just feels so inferior it makes the gameplay really mundane.

Subscriptions will be there if you want to do it. Subscribers get some extra perks.

Neverwinter is a damn fun game! I have really been enjoying the game play. :)

#20 MinTeH

MinTeH

Neowinian

• Phone: Galaxy SIII

Posted 16 May 2013 - 16:32

I want to play WoW again but can't justify the subscription. Might give this ago :)

#21 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 May 2013 - 18:16

Couldn't play more than a day on the five day trial, but that was long ago. Gonna give this a try upon release, to see if things have changed [to the better(?)].

#22 DAOWAce

DAOWAce

Blind

Posted 17 May 2013 - 18:38

You think RIFT is an auto attack MMO? Good luck if you try to attack your way even through the tutorial zone, LOL!

..The point
------
------
Your head.

#23 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 May 2013 - 22:11

Couldn't play more than a day on the five day trial, but that was long ago. Gonna give this a try upon release, to see if things have changed [to the better(?)].

The five-day trial period was replaced by RIFT Lite (with the level 20 cap) within a week of World of Warcraft Starter's launch (same cap) - that means you are WAY late.

If you download Raptr, you can jump on the still-extant Storm Legion Upgrade between now and the F2P launch June 12th. (Existing Raptr members AND existing RIFT players ARE eligible.)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!