'Star Trek Enterprise' could return on Netflix

30.jpg

Star Trek writer Rob Bolivar and visual effects artist Doug Drexler have launched a campaign via Facebook to resurrect Star Trek: Enterprise with the hopes of a new series or possibly a film incarnation. With the recent resurgence of cancelled TV projects such as Arrested Development and Veronica Mars, the duo believe there is a likely chance we?ll see the series return if fans show their support.

"A short while ago, Brannon Braga (co-creator and executive producer on Enterprise) mentioned that with enough support, it's possible that Netflix could resurrect Enterprise for future seasons or perhaps a movie," Bolivar said. "We took that to heart and started our campaign."

https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekEnterpriseSeason5NetflixCampaign

• Like 1

That's interesting.

Regardless to Star Trek Enterprise, but if there is a trend of bringing back cancelled TV shows then how about "The Unit"?!

I absolutely loved that show and there hasnt been anything like it since!

Maybe i need to start a campaign via Facebook to bring it back :D

• Like 1

Doubt this will happen for 3 reasons:

1) Paramount won't be keen to have two different tellings of the same story running concurrently (Trek and JJ-Trek)

2) Enterprise was given a (crappy) ending

3) Arrested Dev was brought back as a special case. Netflix said as much - because their audience grew after cancellation. The same can't necessarily be said for Enterprise

fryshutupandtakemymoney.jpg

^^^^^^ what he said!

I'd sign up to Netflix (again) to get this if that was the only source for new episodes. It started off slowly but then started building up some steam and frankly there needs to be SOME Star Trek on TV, right now there's NADA!

Someone, make this happen now!

3) Arrested Dev was brought back as a special case. Netflix said as much - because their audience grew after cancellation. The same can't necessarily be said for Enterprise

Well this Facebook campaign will see if that's true

Well this Facebook campaign will see if that's true

True, it could just be their "excuse". That said, it didn't work for the (far superior) Firefly...

I honestly would rather look forward than backwards. Enough of the past already. Give us a new Star Trek show that is from DS9/Voyager onwards.

Ohhh, i loved Voyager back in the day! Never missed an episode. I wish they would make something that would continue the Voyager series.

• Like 1

That's interesting.

Regardless to Star Trek Enterprise, but if there is a trend of bringing back cancelled TV shows then how about "The Unit"?!

I absolutely loved that show and there hasnt been anything like it since!

Maybe i need to start a campaign via Facebook to bring it back :D

The Unit was one of my favorite shows! Sucks it got cancelled. I wasn't too crazy about the new guy they brought on in the last season, but the show was awesome.

The Unit was one of my favorite shows! Sucks it got cancelled. I wasn't too crazy about the new guy they brought on in the last season, but the show was awesome.

Ye, i have to agree the new guy (Wes Chatham - Sam) did not fit the cast of the show.

Each year i hope for one of the networks to maybe pick it up again or maybe make a similar show but it never happens. There is not even one special forces/military action show (at least that i know off).

Personally I'd like to see a new series based off the alternate-timeline established by Star Trek (2009). It would be especially interest to see a series based around Section 31 or a war between the Federation and Romulans, especially given the power vacuum created by the destruction of Vulcan.

As for an Enterprise return, I consider it to be one of the weakest Star Trek series and I think it would need a major retool to be relevant. They'd need to ditch some of the main characters and make Commander Shran a permanent cast member to inject some life into it. Given what Star Trek (2009) and Into Darkness have brought to the table I think it would be a backwards move to bring back Enterprise.

As someone who wasn't very interested in Star Trek Enterprise and still watched it. I've come to like the series over time and I'm currently watching the whole 4 seasons again.

What people don't realise that the writers had a plan for Enterprise and there was huge rumours and ideas that the Romulan war was going to start in season 5 but the show was cancelled. Also, about the ending to season 4, that was a holodeck simulation, things can 'change'. I really hope this gains traction.

And another thing about JJ Abrams Star Trek: It's set it a different timeline/universe.

Also, it looks like a Refit for Enterprise was planned:-

shipsofthelinecent.jpg

1) Paramount won't be keen to have two different tellings of the same story running concurrently (Trek and JJ-Trek)

Actually, Enterprise is the only part of old trek that's canon in JJ's universe. It takes place before the timeline change. Archer is even mentioned in the first movie, and the 22nd Starfleet logo appears in an issue of the ongoing comic.

The moment of the alternate reality's creation is when Nero's ship, the Narada, comes through the black hole. Everything before that was part of the main universe.

Anyway, I'd love to watch a renewed Enterprise because the show has a lot of potential. They may have to change things up a bit to make it slightly more mainstream like J.J. Abrams' Star Trek movies.

Blade: As I said above, they outright said no to Firefly :(

Actually, Enterprise is the only part of old trek that's canon in JJ's universe. It takes place before the timeline change. Archer is even mentioned in the first movie, and the 22nd Starfleet logo appears in an issue of the ongoing comic.

Confused how it all works, in fairness. An "Archer" was mentioned for sure - and now we are in an alt timeline, sure. But that doesn't mean that everything leading up to that timepoint was the same does it? I mean Pike commanded the first Enterprise, not Archer in this timeline?

The only Star Trek show to be cancelled involuntarily because of how bad the ratings were and they think someone will pick it up? Especially with the mainstream versions in theatres? Doesn't sound likely.

This show really started to get good towards the end but ****, give me Babylon 5 before you give me this.

Blade: As I said above, they outright said no to Firefly :(

Confused how it all works, in fairness. An "Archer" was mentioned for sure - and now we are in an alt timeline, sure. But that doesn't mean that everything leading up to that timepoint was the same does it? I mean Pike commanded the first Enterprise, not Archer in this timeline?

Archer commanded the NX-01 leading up to the signing of the United Federation of Planets then I believe Captain Robert April commanded the NCC-1701 before Pike then Kirk at least as far as the old cannon goes.

Here is a good list of all the ship's and who they were commanded by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NX_class_starship#NX_class

I might be wrong though but I think Robert April was only mentioned once or twice in the cartoon and books

I haven't thought of that, but you're right. They could do a Enterprise series and it wouldn't conflict with the current movies at all.