Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

8 posts in this topic

Posted

iphone-5-bgr-review-23498.jpg?w=618

Apple is getting closer to launching the next version of the iPhone later this year. If the Cupertino, Calif.-based company wants to keep up with Samsung, Google and others, it needs to innovate. And fast. That

Posted

My phone (Motorola Atrix) which is now over 2 years old has a finger print reader. So if Apple tries to claim itself innovative for using a finger print reader in a phone they are sorely mistaken.

The finger print reader is used in a dual mode thing. On Cyanogen Mod it can be used as a mini touchpad for scrolling up and down. Normal mode use is for unlocking the phone, however I never use it.

Posted

My phone (Motorola Atrix) which is now over 2 years old has a finger print reader. So if Apple tries to claim itself innovative for using a finger print reader in a phone they are sorely mistaken.

The finger print reader is used in a dual mode thing. On Cyanogen Mod it can be used as a mini touchpad for scrolling up and down. Normal mode use is for unlocking the phone, however I never use it.

The Atrix has a physical fingerprint scanner at the top of the phone, but I'd imagine Apple would do something using the screen or the camera. I'm not sure they have to room anywhere on the chassis to squeeze in an actual sensor. I could be wrong though.

Posted

Please just don't take the physical home button away.

Posted

This is always what Apple does. Implement the existing, but in a way to make it useful and profitable to those who buy it. This is where the innovation lies.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is always what Apple does. Implement the existing, but in a way to make it useful and profitable to those who buy it. This is where the innovation lies.

And they are very good at it too. Maybe the best.

Posted

And they are very good at it too. Maybe the best.

After the first iPhone which was a ground breaking device, i dont believe they innovated anything really. Just following others.

Posted

Acer also had this on their M900 device back in 2009. I've got one at home; works fine but it's rather pointless really... It's just a gimmick.

http://www.gsmarena.com/acer_m900-2719.php