Josh Gad joins Zach Braffs 'Wish I Was Here'

The "1600 Penn" actor will play the lead character's brother.

Josh Gad is joining Zach Braff's Kickstarter-funded Wish I Was Here.

The actor and comedian, most recently seen in the recently canceled NBC sitcom 1600 Penn, will play Braff's brother Jonah in the the film.

"So happy to be joining @zachbraff in his new film! Thanks to everyone who is helping to make it a reality on @kickstarter!," Gad wrote Tuesday night on Twitter.

Homeland's Mandy Patinkin, who will play Braff's father, and Big Bang Theory's Jim Parsons have also joined the Garden State filmmaker's next feature.

Inspired by the success of the Veronica Mars revival, Braff launched a Kickstarter for the project on April 24. Days later, he met his goal of $2 million in pledges to fund the film.

As of now, over 38,000 people have contributed to Wish I Was Here. Braff has previously stated that he hopes the number of financiers tops 50,000.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/josh-gad-joins-zach-braffs-523296

Anna Kendrick Joins Zach Braff's 'Wish I Was Here' Kickstarter Movie

Anna Kendrick is set to join the cast of Zach Braff's "Wish I Was Here," which has been made possible by Kickstarter.

Kendrick will play Janine, a young woman into Cosplay who Braff's brother, played by Josh Gad, becomes smitten with.

Also read: 'Homeland' Star Mandy Pantinkin Joins Zach Braff's 'Wish I Was Here'

Stacey Sher and Michael Shamberg are among the producers. Worldview Entertainment recently came on to provide gap financing and executive produce.

Kendrick recently starred in the hit comedy "Pitch Perfect" and will soon be seen in "Rapturepalooza."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ashley Greene In For Anna Kendrick On Zach Braff?s Kickstarter Pic ?Wish I Was Here?

Ashley Greene has replaced her former Twilight Saga cohort Anna Kendrick in Wish I Was Here, the film Zach Braff is making with a little help from a Kickstarter funding campaign. She joins Braff, Kate Hudson, Mandy Patinkin and Josh Gad. Greene will next be seen in CBGB, the film about the famed punk rock club, and Random for The Weinstein Company.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got to see an advanced screening last night in DC and I absolutely LOVED it. It was an incredibly funny film with a lot of heart.

I don't even want kids, or have any desire to ever have them, and yet I was able to connect with Braff's character on so many levels.

I might even like this better than Garden State. Will probably see it again before it leaves theaters, but I highly recommend this.