21 replies to this topic

#1 +V-Tech

V-Tech

Neowinian Senior

• 3,060 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 16 May 2013 - 14:57

Posted Image

Apple’s next-generation iPhone 5S is widely expected to feature the same external design as its predecessor, just as previous “S” upgrades have in the past. But looks can be deceiving. While Apple’s flagship iPhone for 2013 may appear to be the same as the iPhone 5 on the outside, the phone will feature a significant internal redesign when it launches this fall. BGR has exclusively obtained high-resolution photos of a number of components that will be included in Apple’s iPhone 5S, and they help paint a picture of things to come later this year.

Earlier rumors have suggested that the iPhone 5S will include several internal changes such as a faster processor, a better camera and possibly even a fingerprint scanner that makes use of Apple’s AuthenTec acquisition. Nothing has been confirmed at this point, but leaked photos of redesigned internal components suggest that Apple is indeed planning an internal overhaul to improve various iPhone features and likely to make room for new components as well.

BGR has obtained high-quality images of several internal iPhone 5S components from a source that asked not to be identified. The parts include the loud-speaker bracket, ear speaker bracket, vibrating motor assembly, Wi-Fi flex cable ribbon and SIM card tray from Apple’s upcoming seventh-generation iPhone.

The vibrating motor assembly from the iPhone 5S has leaked before, but our source has supplied photos that show the component in greater detail. An earlier analysis pointed out several differences between the vibrating motor from the iPhone 5 and the new component expected to be included in the iPhone 5S.

Posted Image

The next-generation iPhone will also include a redesigned ear speaker bracket and a new loud-speaker bracket, which are pictured successively below:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also set to be included in the iPhone 5S is a new Wi-Fi flex cable ribbon:

Posted Image

Finally, BGR has obtained photos of two different SIM card trays from Apple’s iPhone 5S. The SIM trays, which have been pictured before in leaked low-resolution images, are thinner than the trays from the current-generation iPhone 5. One tray also appears to be golden or beige in color, which could support earlier rumors suggesting that the iPhone 5S will be available in several new colors.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Apple’s next-generation iPhone 5S is expected to launch this fall alongside iOS 7, which will reportedly feature a substantial user interface overhaul that does away with most textures in favor of flatter design elements.

http://bgr.com/2013/...leak-exclusive/

#2 Neu B

Neu B

Neowinian

• 286 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 15:06

Basically, nothing to write home about.

#3 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,579 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 16 May 2013 - 15:18

Iterative? yes.
Big? No.

#4 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 14,319 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 15:21

Getting the rumor factory running up, i'm guessing this leaks are probably fed by apple themselves.

#5 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• 3,744 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 16 May 2013 - 15:23

Galaxy S4 Nexus Edition. No other phones matter.. :D lol

#6 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• 30,602 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 15:25

It would be dumb if they did a new design for the S anyway, save it for 6.

#7 siah1214

siah1214

Neowinian Senior

• 2,170 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 15:26

Getting the rumor factory running up, i'm guessing this leaks are probably fed by apple themselves.

It's bad for them because the final product never lives up to the hype. :-\

#8 OP +V-Tech

V-Tech

Neowinian Senior

• 3,060 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 15:26

So true.
In any case, Android only. No iPhones/iOS :D

#9 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 14,319 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 15:30

It's bad for them because the final product never lives up to the hype. :-\

Well i've always been a big believer in the "there's no such thing as bad publicity".

#10 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• 3,744 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 16 May 2013 - 15:31

So true.
In any case, Android only. No iPhones/iOS :D

Yep! Can't wait! I like my nexus 4.. but no camera, lte, or micsoSD..

#11 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• 4,868 posts

I always choose a phone based on the internal layout of electronic components. :shifty:

#12 lunamonkey

lunamonkey

Ten years on Neowin.

• 9,026 posts

Does anyone have a hi-res shot of the flex cable ribbon please? I can't wait to see more brackets too.

:hump:

#13 OP +V-Tech

V-Tech

Neowinian Senior

• 3,060 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 15:33

Yep! Can't wait! I like my nexus 4.. but no camera, lte, or micsoSD..

I'm with N4 as well and i'm loving it. I only have it for around 6 months so i'm not going to replace it but i just dont see myself buy any other phone than a pure android.
I dont live in an LTE area so that doesnt matter but the SD card is a problem, i admit that.

#14 Buttus

Buttus

Neowinian Senior

• 3,291 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 15:42

those brackets beat the android phones, hands down! i'm switching!

#15 Open Minded

Open Minded

Balance

• 1,272 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 15:53

That's going to be THE PHONE to have this year if you're into AOSP. I just bought a GS 4 because I kind of like Touchwiz. I don't like the bloat or most of the apps, but the camera app on the GS 4 is pretty damn nice as well as the stock music player.

I want to know if/how they're going to make use of all the new features like the IR Blaster and the temp sensors. I think this phone is great from a developmental standpoint as devs will bake in new features into custom ROMS for both phones and apps that take advantage of all the new stuff will see love in the Play Store as well. These are truly great times. (assuming us on AT&T can unlock the bootloader at some point)