Boston suspect "too cute to be guilty"

There is a lot more to be embarrassed about.

Yeah, like those who feel entitled to every new "cool" thing (ie. iPhones) with the only purpose of loooking cool. WTF

Heard about this a week ago. Makes me sick. DON'T FORGET HE WAS THE ONE THAT DROPPED THE BOMB RIGHT NEXT TO THE KID !!!

Jenna Marbles wannabe. And here I thought one was bad enough.

I would take what this bimbo is saying with a single grain if credibility. I'll bet a months pay that she's just doing this for 15 minutes of fame.

I think this is a symptom of a much bigger problem: the insatiable need by my (our?) generation for fame & attention. People will do almost anything for 15 seconds of fame. They'll do anything for 15 minutes.

You say that but when was the last time US soldiers protected US soil? I can understand those who fought against invading Nazi forces during WWII being considered heroes but that title isn't fitting for the modern era of conflicts.

Who said anything about US soldiers? Regardless of what nation you live in, his statement still stands regardless of which side of the pond you're on.

I would take what this bimbo is saying with a single grain if credibility. I'll bet a months pay that she's just doing this for 15 minutes of fame.

Maybe she's just under the impression that her thoughts are really really important and need to be said out loud. Like a lot of people on the Internet.

Who said anything about US soldiers?

My post was in response to an American poster claiming that soldiers protect people's right to live "a happy peaceful hypocritical life of judging everyone" and I was simply pointing out that very few?if any?US military engagements have been in defence of US soil or the rights of individual Americans. That criticism also applies to most modern military conflicts, including those of the UK and France - the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan haven't been to protect the lives of people in the UK or France and arguably haven't been to protect the freedoms of those in Iraq or Afghanistan either. Modern militaries are used to further imperialist agendas, concerned more with securing economic assets than protecting the freedoms of individuals.

The point being that those?like this girl?who blindly defend an alleged terrorist like Dzhokhar Tsarnaev are little different to those who blindly regard soldiers as heroes. Blind faith in someone or something is very dangerous.

My post was in response to an American poster claiming that soldiers protect people's right to live "a happy peaceful hypocritical life of judging everyone" and I was simply pointing out that very few?if any?US military engagements have been in defence of US soil or the rights of individual Americans. That criticism also applies to most modern military conflicts, including those of the UK and France - the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan haven't been to protect the lives of people in the UK or France and arguably haven't been to protect the freedoms of those in Iraq or Afghanistan either. Modern militaries are used to further imperialist agendas, concerned more with securing economic assets than protecting the freedoms of individuals.

The point being that those?like this girl?who blindly defend an alleged terrorist like Dzhokhar Tsarnaev are little different to those who blindly regard soldiers as heroes. Blind faith in someone or something is very dangerous.

You wouldn't stand in the face of opposition of anything, you wouldn't even defend yourself from an attacker. Those that get fired at because of someone else's orders deserves some recognition.
  • Like 1

You wouldn't stand in the face of opposition of anything, you wouldn't even defend yourself from an attacker.

I would fight to defend my country or to defend the freedoms of others. However, I wouldn't join the military to have my actions dictated to by a corrupt political system. I wouldn't risk my live fighting against an attacker for material items, though I'd fight to defend my property and my personal safety.

Those that get fired at because of someone else's orders deserves some recognition.

Absolutely. I have respect for those who serve in the military - I just don't automatically consider them heroes, nor do I assume they are fighting for a noble cause.

I would fight to defend my country or to defend the freedoms of others. However, I wouldn't join the military to have my actions dictated to by a corrupt political system. I wouldn't risk my live fighting against an attacker for material items, though I'd fight to defend my property and my personal safety.

Absolutely. I have respect for those who serve in the military - I just don't automatically consider them heroes, nor do I assume they are fighting for a noble cause.

HIGHLY DOUBTFUL, The way you post on this forum. I doubt that you would fight to defend your country, you'd come up with some stupid reason why the invading army should take over your country. " We deserved it, our foreign policy made them invade us".Could totally see you saying that. You wouldn't plain and simple I mean you call people like me nuts because we stand up for what we believe in.

It's not about fighting for a noble cause chap its about those guys fighting for one another. When they are out there fighting i'm sure they don't think that they're fighting for this great cause, they're fighting because they were ordered and they're fighting for the guy next to them. That is why they are hero's, not because of some "noble cause".

HIGHLY DOUBTFUL, The way you post on this forum. I doubt that you would fight to defend your country, you'd come up with some stupid reason why the invading army should take over your country. " We deserved it, our foreign policy made them invade us".Could totally see you saying that. You wouldn't plain and simple I mean you call people like me nuts because we stand up for what we believe in.

It's not about fighting for a noble cause chap its about those guys fighting for one another. When they are out there fighting i'm sure they don't think that they're fighting for this great cause, they're fighting because they were ordered and they're fighting for the guy next to them.

I have no idea of your long standing argument but im going to wade in nationalism is stupid, patriotism is stupid, love of the flag any flag stupid, military worship stupid. Why because in each case the one (nation country flag military) you support is totally dependant on where you live. I wouldn't defend my country unless I was threatened personally. Fighting because you are "ordered" is not noble and any solider who has killed is a murderer to me. *maybe minus direct defence of home soil but its another topic.

I have no idea of your long standing argument but im going to wade in nationalism is stupid, patriotism is stupid, love of the flag any flag stupid, military worship stupid. Why because in each case the one (nation country flag military) you support is totally dependant on where you live. I wouldn't defend my country unless I was threatened personally. Fighting because you are "ordered" is not noble and any solider who has killed is a murderer to me. *maybe minus direct defence of home soil but its another topic.

You forgot one - Going off topic is stupid!

Yep patriotism, love for the flag and country is stupid.. Until the England national team gets on the pitch right? Then everyone gets out their flag and proclaims England the best! :rolleyes:

You forgot one - Going off topic is stupid!

Amusing.

Yep patriotism, love for the flag and country is stupid.. Until the England national team gets on the pitch right? Then everyone gets out their flag and proclaims England the best! :rolleyes:

Hell no I hate football.

One mention of the US and the whole thread goes to hell, typical.

Umm why are you stating the name of the place twice America = Hell.

Amusing.

Hell no I hate football.

Umm why are you stating the name of the place twice America = Hell.

Amusingly stupid.

• Like 1

if it werent for soldiers you wouldn't be sitting online living a happy peaceful hypocritical life of judging everyone.

if it weren't for soldiers, you wouldn't have fuel to drive your car. :laugh:

Amusingly stupid.

If your American your biased.... how can you have a proper view on how good or bad your nation is. I accept mine as an oppressor of 1/3 of the Earth for example I know my counties miss deeds Id leave here in a heart beat.

Patriotism is proud of a country's virtues and eager to correct its deficiencies; it also acknowledges the legitimate patriotism of other countries, with their own specific virtues. The pride of nationalism, however, trumpets its country's virtues and denies its deficiencies, while it is contemptuous toward the virtues of other countries. It wants to be, and proclaims itself to be, "the greatest," but greatness is not required of a country; only goodness is.

- Quote by Sydney J. Harris

• Like 1

Patriotism is proud of a country's virtues and eager to correct its deficiencies; it also acknowledges the legitimate patriotism of other countries, with their own specific virtues. The pride of nationalism, however, trumpets its country's virtues and denies its deficiencies, while it is contemptuous toward the virtues of other countries. It wants to be, and proclaims itself to be, "the greatest," but greatness is not required of a country; only goodness is.

- Quote by Sydney J. Harris

Okay so what it makes no rational sense to have national pride or patriotism, you could have been born in north Korea! Care about and correct there deficiencies assure you there the bigger problem. Then again you Americans think the world ought to admire you for freedom the rest of the world has had for centuries name me one unique virtue of America

Okay so what it makes no rational sense to have national pride or patriotism, you could have been born in north Korea! Care about and correct there deficiencies assure you there the bigger problem. Then again you Americans think the world ought to admire you for freedom the rest of the world has had for centuries name me one unique virtue of America

What? Stereo typing much. I see it all the time on this forum. How people from around the world think that American's think everyone else should be like us but in reality it seems like people from other countries want us to be like them or think they know whats best for my country..

Still off topic.

Please stop generalizing Americans.

On topic.

Maybe this girl can be a pen pal to Mr. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev while he's imprisoned.

What? Stereo typing much. I see it all the time on this forum. How people from around the world think that American's think everyone else should be like us but in reality it seems like people from other countries want us to be like them or think they know whats best for my country..

Consider this: Why do people think like that about America, hint there is a reason. Your foreign policy does not help. You wage wars to make the world uphold American values of your version of freedom and democracy, enter other nations for your benefit. Osama Bin Laden, Iraq....

Consider this: Why do people think like that about America, hint there is a reason. Your foreign policy does not help. You wage wars to make the world uphold American values of your version of freedom and democracy, enter other nations for your benefit. Osama Bin Laden, Iraq....

"We" meaning americans, don't wage any wars. Sorry brotato. It's not like we have any control over what our government does. And that is a problem and a true legit gripe you might have. We dislike the things our government does just as much as the rest of the world.

So yeah, please stop generalizing. All the america hate that people spew on this forum at even the smallest opportunity is really getting old.

As for the OP...well the girl made another video where she talks about how the "internet" ruined her life. She said that over the last week or so she's gotten dozens of pizzas in the middle of the night thanks to 4chan. As bad as 4chan is that's actually pretty amusing. I think the entire situation is just one big troll for attention, though.

• Like 3