notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

• 5,281 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:53

1) Poor battery life.
2) Only one is supported properly.
3) No multi-touch support.
4) Low resolution display (only 158PPI)
5) Asymmetric gameplay requires multiple players.
6) Conceptually, it is gimmicky.

At launch it was already considerably behind that of standalone tablets technically and that will only get worse in the coming years. Nintendo bet everything on a trying to recreate the success of the original Wii but the market has moved on.

I'm not at all surprised that the major publishers aren't supporting the platform. Nintendo hasn't been as open to mature content as other platforms and has opted for control schemes that make simply multi-platform ports a no-go. There simply isn't any market demand for an expensive X360 / PS3 level console with major performance bottlenecks (CPU speeds), a limited online ecosystem, woefully inadequate storage and a proprietary controller.

I love a lot of Nintendo's games but I'm not willing to buy a console just to play them, especially not when most of the games are simply rehashes.

http://www.gamestop....st-black/107988
1) Poor battery life.- have exsternal battery from nyco and one on the way for internal give me 20+hrs total http://www.gamestop....wer-pack/107994
2) Only one is supported properly. At this time yes but the Wii U has support for 2 Gamepads
3) No multi-touch support.. Does not need MT support be more less pointless the screen is very responsive as is
4) Low resolution display (only 158PPI) The screen is 854x480 and it looks damn good despite not having high DPI and hey Noone complained about the iphone 4 screen being low res
5) Asymmetric gameplay requires multiple players. Wrong Asymmetric GP is also what Zombie U is when ya end up having a dual screen experience having stuff happen on 1 screen and the other seperatly or part of the gameplay Not sure how you figure it needs 2 players
6) Conceptually, it is gimmicky. One that works Well and is why ubisoft is and has been with Zombie U and some of ther up coming games liek splinter cell and or Watch-dogs gonna use it in very useful ways . i love having a map on the screen instead of oh i dont know taking up space on my TV ther is many many functions it can perform and be used for and the future of what could be done and will be doine Ubisoft is one of its biggest supports EA are just AHs because nintendo would not put orgins on there system

obviously you have issue with the Wii U beyond your crappy attempt of making poor choiced accuses as to why you hate it . you them prolly agree with Dirt bags like EA who make crap up why they wont support the Wii U yet have ther engines running on mobile phones or will have and have had Crysis 3 running on the Wii U just fine but wont release it cause nintendo wont do Orgins on the Wii U

#17 Cheatyface

Cheatyface

Did I cheat? No. ....Yes.

• 590 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:17

http://www.gamestop....st-black/107988
1) Poor battery life.- have exsternal battery from nyco and one on the way for internal give me 20+hrs total http://www.gamestop....wer-pack/107994
2) Only one is supported properly. At this time yes but the Wii U has support for 2 Gamepads
3) No multi-touch support.. Does not need MT support be more less pointless the screen is very responsive as is
4) Low resolution display (only 158PPI) The screen is 854x480 and it looks damn good despite not having high DPI and hey Noone complained about the iphone 4 screen being low res
5) Asymmetric gameplay requires multiple players. Wrong Asymmetric GP is also what Zombie U is when ya end up having a dual screen experience having stuff happen on 1 screen and the other seperatly or part of the gameplay Not sure how you figure it needs 2 players
6) Conceptually, it is gimmicky. One that works Well and is why ubisoft is and has been with Zombie U and some of ther up coming games liek splinter cell and or Watch-dogs gonna use it in very useful ways . i love having a map on the screen instead of oh i dont know taking up space on my TV ther is many many functions it can perform and be used for and the future of what could be done and will be doine Ubisoft is one of its biggest supports EA are just AHs because nintendo would not put orgins on there system

obviously you have issue with the Wii U beyond your crappy attempt of making poor choiced accuses as to why you hate it . you them prolly agree with Dirt bags like EA who make crap up why they wont support the Wii U yet have ther engines running on mobile phones or will have and have had Crysis 3 running on the Wii U just fine but wont release it cause nintendo wont do Orgins on the Wii U

1) 3rd Party external battery? Not an answer.

2) "At this time" is all that matters.

3) He's not talking about responsiveness. He's talking about usability features. Thanks for playing.

4) No one complained about the iPhone4 because it's screen is higher resolution (960x640 qHD) than the controller is and has twice the DPI. Also: it's half the size of the controller. No excuse on Nintendo's part.

5) Asymmetric gameplay is not game elements on both TV and controller in single player. It's two people playing together playing what amounts to two different games in the same game. 2nd Player shooting Star Pieces in SMG or the Rayman Legends challenges where one player is the level itself and the other is the character are asymmetric gameplay examples. Yes. It does require multiple players.

6) Nothing you said makes it less gimmicky. Using the second screen as a map or inventory as *most* games on the system currently do isn't novel or interesting. It's just "And? That's the best you could come up with?" sad. You keep mentioning ZombiU but lack other examples. That's not helping your argument. As for Crysis 3: that's not EA. EA is just the publisher. Take it up with Crytek, the IP owner and developer.

#18 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

• 5,281 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:44

1) 3rd Party external battery? Not an answer.

2) "At this time" is all that matters.

3) He's not talking about responsiveness. He's talking about usability features. Thanks for playing.

4) No one complained about the iPhone4 because it's screen is higher resolution (960x640 qHD) than the controller is and has twice the DPI. Also: it's half the size of the controller. No excuse on Nintendo's part.

5) Asymmetric gameplay is not game elements on both TV and controller in single player. It's two people playing together playing what amounts to two different games in the same game. 2nd Player shooting Star Pieces in SMG or the Rayman Legends challenges where one player is the level itself and the other is the character are asymmetric gameplay examples. Yes. It does require multiple players.

6) Nothing you said makes it less gimmicky. Using the second screen as a map or inventory as *most* games on the system currently do isn't novel or interesting. It's just "And? That's the best you could come up with?" sad. You keep mentioning ZombiU but lack other examples. That's not helping your argument. As for Crysis 3: that's not EA. EA is just the publisher. Take it up with Crytek, the IP owner and developer.

1) 3rd Party external battery? Not an answer. Yes it is and you can get an internal 3rd party as well yes it is

2) "At this time" is all that matters. No games @ launch nore now or none currently that we know of are in devlelopment that use 2 gamepads so what be the point in having 2 now

3) He's not talking about responsiveness. He's talking about usability features. Thanks for playing. Well ok but nothing in the UI was made for MT anyways so having it would make no since Roll the dice agian

4) No one complained about the iPhone4 because it's screen is higher resolution (960x640 qHD) than the controller is and has twice the DPI. Also: it's half the size of the controller. No excuse on Nintendo's part. So what it looks good to me does it really matter

6) Nothing you said makes it less gimmicky. Using the second screen as a map or inventory as *most* games on the system currently do isn't novel or interesting. It's just "And? That's the best you could come up with?" sad. You keep mentioning ZombiU but lack other examples. That's not helping your argument. As for Crysis 3: that's not EA. EA is just the publisher. Take it up with Crytek, the IP owner and developer. EA told them No on Crysis 3 after they had it completely just about Done so Take that up with EA . now as for my Zombie U refreance i use that because that was Made for the Wii U no other system and i bring up the Map thing because if it was on other system you have to pause the game just to use the Map in zombie U it all is running in Real time

As one of are Fellow neowin users had siad about Zomvbie U and the gamepad in a review he did

DirtyLary: The use of the WiiU's GamePad in this game is about as good of a use that I can possibly imagine a launch title having, and honestly I think it is probably going to go down as one of the overall better uses of the GamePad period. It is without a doubt an enhancement and an extension to the gameplay, and hardly ever feels gimmicky. The only corny use of it so far has been planks on doors, in which you have to tap to remove them. Everything else makes perfect sense. The inventory management element, you look down when you loot most corpses and cabinets, it also is the environment scanner... All of these elements really make great use of the GamePad itself. And they do add a level of tension to the game as well.

Koyuka Revieww :WHY: A horror game that's actually scary. A survival game that's tough to survive. A first-person Demon's Souls with zombies that uses the Wii U's controller better than any other Wii U launch game So.. why not?.

And a euorogamers review : I'd always wondered why ZombiU was one of the Wii U's pack-in games, and finally it makes sense. ZombiU isn't the obligatory FPS launch title, but an original twist on the genre that has no console equivalent. It's not quite a revolution, lacking the scope and variety of mechanics to compete with high watermarks like Half-Life 2. But that should take nothing away from Ubisoft's achievement, and the success or otherwise of ZombiU could be defining for Wii U.

You see it in the smart plot-twists, hear it in the ambient weeping of an unknown monster, or try to ignore it in the frantic whispering of a terrified survivor near their end. Perhaps Nintendo's new strategy for tempting gamers, it all seems to say, is more about brains than brawn.

And they all think the Wii U GP made sense and works well in this game as this is a near perfect example of uses for it as the game has more then 15 different tools up it sleeve to use for the gamepad

#19 Cheatyface

Cheatyface

• 590 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:09

1) 3rd Party external battery? Not an answer. Yes it is and you can get an internal 3rd party as well yes it is

2) "At this time" is all that matters. No games @ launch nore now or none currently that we know of are in devlelopment that use 2 gamepads so what be the point in having 2 now

3) He's not talking about responsiveness. He's talking about usability features. Thanks for playing. Well ok but nothing in the UI was made for MT anyways so having it would make no since Roll the dice agian

4) No one complained about the iPhone4 because it's screen is higher resolution (960x640 qHD) than the controller is and has twice the DPI. Also: it's half the size of the controller. No excuse on Nintendo's part. So what it looks good to me does it really matter

6) Nothing you said makes it less gimmicky. Using the second screen as a map or inventory as *most* games on the system currently do isn't novel or interesting. It's just "And? That's the best you could come up with?" sad. You keep mentioning ZombiU but lack other examples. That's not helping your argument. As for Crysis 3: that's not EA. EA is just the publisher. Take it up with Crytek, the IP owner and developer. EA told them No on Crysis 3 after they had it completely just about Done so Take that up with EA . now as for my Zombie U refreance i use that because that was Made for the Wii U no other system and i bring up the Map thing because if it was on other system you have to pause the game just to use the Map in zombie U it all is running in Real time

As one of are Fellow neowin users had siad about Zomvbie U and the gamepad in a review he did

DirtyLary: The use of the WiiU's GamePad in this game is about as good of a use that I can possibly imagine a launch title having, and honestly I think it is probably going to go down as one of the overall better uses of the GamePad period. It is without a doubt an enhancement and an extension to the gameplay, and hardly ever feels gimmicky. The only corny use of it so far has been planks on doors, in which you have to tap to remove them. Everything else makes perfect sense. The inventory management element, you look down when you loot most corpses and cabinets, it also is the environment scanner... All of these elements really make great use of the GamePad itself. And they do add a level of tension to the game as well.

Koyuka Revieww :WHY: A horror game that's actually scary. A survival game that's tough to survive. A first-person Demon's Souls with zombies that uses the Wii U's controller better than any other Wii U launch game So.. why not?.

And a euorogamers review : I'd always wondered why ZombiU was one of the Wii U's pack-in games, and finally it makes sense. ZombiU isn't the obligatory FPS launch title, but an original twist on the genre that has no console equivalent. It's not quite a revolution, lacking the scope and variety of mechanics to compete with high watermarks like Half-Life 2. But that should take nothing away from Ubisoft's achievement, and the success or otherwise of ZombiU could be defining for Wii U.

You see it in the smart plot-twists, hear it in the ambient weeping of an unknown monster, or try to ignore it in the frantic whispering of a terrified survivor near their end. Perhaps Nintendo's new strategy for tempting gamers, it all seems to say, is more about brains than brawn.

And they all think the Wii U GP made sense and works well in this game as this is a near perfect example of uses for it as the game has more then 15 different tools up it sleeve to use for the gamepad

1) A 3rd Party accessory is NOT an answer to a shortcoming on the part of platform maker themselves. Ever. No amount of shouting "Is so!" is going to make you right.

2) No one is making games that use multiples because the system can't properly handle it right now and Nintendo hasn't shown any inclination to work on improving that situation. Onus is on Nintendo here.

3) It has a web browser they proudly talk about on the feature page that suffers in usability w/o multitouch.

4) "It looks good to me so it doesn't matter" is not a valid argument when we're talking about Publisher/Developer plans and general adoption of the system. Avoid logical fallacies when responding in the future, please.

5) I noticed you didn't respond to this one.

6) Please cite a source for the "EA told Crytek they couldn't make their game for the WiiU" claim.

Again you keep citing the same game over and over. ZombiU is not the be all end all of WiiU games. Please provide *OTHER* examples to defend your case.

#20 Davo

Davo

Neowinian

• 1,399 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:14

I'm a Nintendo mark but the Wii U is just pitiful. It's something that should have been released after the Wii leveled off. It should have been Nintendo's answer to the PS3 and XBox 360 Slim.

#21 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• 3,240 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:47

Nintendo needs to stop releasing outdated hardware. IMO, this is the #1 reason why publishers don't want to jump on board. That and trying to incorporate the obscure features that Nintendo imposes.

They don't want to try to use those features cause using those features may require some degree of creativity. A thing which mostly vanished from the gaming industry a long time ago.

#22 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

• 5,281 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:25

1) A 3rd Party accessory is NOT an answer to a shortcoming on the part of platform maker themselves. Ever. No amount of shouting "Is so!" is going to make you right.

2) No one is making games that use multiples because the system can't properly handle it right now and Nintendo hasn't shown any inclination to work on improving that situation. Onus is on Nintendo here.

3) It has a web browser they proudly talk about on the feature page that suffers in usability w/o multitouch.

4) "It looks good to me so it doesn't matter" is not a valid argument when we're talking about Publisher/Developer plans and general adoption of the system. Avoid logical fallacies when responding in the future, please.

5) I noticed you didn't respond to this one.

6) Please cite a source for the "EA told Crytek they couldn't make their game for the WiiU" claim.

Again you keep citing the same game over and over. ZombiU is not the be all end all of WiiU games. Please provide *OTHER* examples to defend your case.

To the Crysis 3 thing now this says Nintendo also but i doubt Nintendo would turn down such a title on the Wii U http://www.eurogamer...port-had-to-die

Other examples of Wii U gameplay with the game pad Need for speed most wanted U

http://www.joystiq.c...anted-on-wii-u/

the studio came up with the idea of a "father and son" mode, officially called Co-Driver in-game. It's a type of co-existence, featuring a touchscreen menu of gameplay options, where two players can both contribute to the game and take over driving duties on the fly. Cops hassling you? Use the WiiPad to disrupt their pursuit and let your buddy get away. Night blindness? Switch it to daytime. Don't want all that pesky traffic in the way during the next race? Turn traffic off.

These are basic wingman types of assistance that the GamePad can employ at any time, but the most useful is being able to switch rides. Outside of the Wii U, the Easy Drive menu makes it fairly painless to jump into another car, but you've got to take your eyes off the road and navigate through a few menus to hop in your preferred whip. Now a pal can do it for you while you concentrate on beating your friends' speed trap time.

This is the head space that Criterion was looking to get into, where Nintendo envisioned this console as a group living room experience. "Wii U to us means two or more people together on a sofa. It's not enough to have the game running on the GamePad screen. "Wii U is about playing together. Wii U is about sharing that experience with everyone else who is in the room, so you've got to entertain that entire living room."

Co-Driving itself feels like a natural fit for the Wii U. An icon interface allows WiiPad holders to switch settings with a simple tap. Of course, it's not only great for assistance, but also a potent fuel for griefing because, at the touch of an icon, both players can have control of the car at the same time. So why not slam on the brakes during the last lap of a grueling race? It would be practically irresponsible not to!

#23 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 10,571 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:50

Kotick also listed the Wii U launch as being one of the many reasons for Activision not doing so well in the last quarter. (not that I care what he thinks, but I don't think I saw it noted here in recent articles)

As for the Wii U, I'm not sure why people have this crazy expectation for third party support. That's not what drove the last consoles, and I highly doubt it will drive this one. Third parties are already showing little interest for the time being, leaving it to Nintendo to do the groundwork of establishing the user base with their first party titles. I mean, it's their console so let them be the ones to invest in it.

If you want to call third parties lazy, go ahead. Doesn't make sense though from a business standpoint though, and regardless of the rainbow unicorn fairy land some people appear to live in, game developers aren't just going to go out of their way to dig deep into their pockets on "faith" or what have you alone. They have kids to feed just like the rest of us. (minus the corporate shills)

I'm wondering if we'll see some action this holiday season. If they can drop the price coupled with first-party titles prior to the next-generation console launches, I can see them gaining more traction for sure.

#24 Cheatyface

Cheatyface

• 590 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:04

To the Crysis 3 thing now this says Nintendo also but i doubt Nintendo would turn down such a title on the Wii U http://www.eurogamer...port-had-to-die

Other examples of Wii U gameplay with the game pad Need for speed most wanted U

http://www.joystiq.c...anted-on-wii-u/

the studio came up with the idea of a "father and son" mode, officially called Co-Driver in-game. It's a type of co-existence, featuring a touchscreen menu of gameplay options, where two players can both contribute to the game and take over driving duties on the fly. Cops hassling you? Use the WiiPad to disrupt their pursuit and let your buddy get away. Night blindness? Switch it to daytime. Don't want all that pesky traffic in the way during the next race? Turn traffic off.

These are basic wingman types of assistance that the GamePad can employ at any time, but the most useful is being able to switch rides. Outside of the Wii U, the Easy Drive menu makes it fairly painless to jump into another car, but you've got to take your eyes off the road and navigate through a few menus to hop in your preferred whip. Now a pal can do it for you while you concentrate on beating your friends' speed trap time.

This is the head space that Criterion was looking to get into, where Nintendo envisioned this console as a group living room experience. "Wii U to us means two or more people together on a sofa. It's not enough to have the game running on the GamePad screen. "Wii U is about playing together. Wii U is about sharing that experience with everyone else who is in the room, so you've got to entertain that entire living room."

Co-Driving itself feels like a natural fit for the Wii U. An icon interface allows WiiPad holders to switch settings with a simple tap. Of course, it's not only great for assistance, but also a potent fuel for griefing because, at the touch of an icon, both players can have control of the car at the same time. So why not slam on the brakes during the last lap of a grueling race? It would be practically irresponsible not to!

So...you can't find where EA said they can't do it, but you did find something that says NINTENDO said they couldn't bring it to WiiU but you discount that immediately because it goes counter to your argument and shows a clear example of Nintendo hobbling itself? Cause you "don't believe Nintendo would do that"? Nice use of logical fallacy, yet again.

The review you cite of NfS Most Wanted talks about asymmetric gameplay, which is nice as people have already pointed out but would be better if both players had access to the gamepad, which they don't because......Nintendo can't be bothered to fix the multiple gamepad support!

As for singleplayer, please provide examples of non-gimmicky use of the gamepad. Nothing you've provided has shown anything special. While off screen play is nice, only a handful of games actually use it.

#25 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

• 5,281 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:14

So...you can't find where EA said they can't do it, but you did find something that says NINTENDO said they couldn't bring it to WiiU but you discount that immediately because it goes counter to your argument and shows a clear example of Nintendo hobbling itself? Cause you "don't believe Nintendo would do that"? Nice use of logical fallacy, yet again.

The review you cite of NfS Most Wanted talks about asymmetric gameplay, which is nice as people have already pointed out but would be better if both players had access to the gamepad, which they don't because......Nintendo can't be bothered to fix the multiple gamepad support!

As for singleplayer, please provide examples of non-gimmicky use of the gamepad. Nothing you've provided has shown anything special. While off screen play is nice, only a handful of games actually use it.

No ther is no need at this time to have dual gamepads as no game supports it and you cant buy a seperate GP anyways and no developer has found a useful thing for 2 of them right now and the Wii U can support up to 2 of them . Now as for the crysis 3 thing i discredit nintendo on the fact EA could not get there way with having Orgin on the Wii U in the beginning for online stuff so EA siad no to it i highly doubt Nintendo would reject such a huge game in a line of series for there system.

over the past few weeks or 2 weeks EA has lied first they siad them and DICE could not get the frostbite 2 or 3 engine to work right on Wii U and sited poor performance on test they did ( to what test we dont know ) then some guy from EA came out saying how the Wii U was crap and and such and he did not support it and nothing worked on it or so and soon after that ubisoft came out and siad they are 100% backing the Wii U and have no issues with it then EA and DICE came out anouching frosbite Go based on FSB 3 engine or 2 engine one of them to support mobile devices so they can support and get it running on phones good but not Wii U ( Makes no sense ) Then finale coffin EA came out siad well look we just dont have anything for Wii U at all this time .

So WT is wrong with EA besides them being a bad company you have ubisoft who is a firm supporter of the Wii U

#26 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• 3,240 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:14

If you want to call third parties lazy, go ahead. Doesn't make sense though from a business standpoint though, and regardless of the rainbow unicorn fairy land some people appear to live in, game developers aren't just going to go out of their way to dig deep into their pockets on "faith" or what have you alone. They have kids to feed just like the rest of us. (minus the corporate shills)

Going by that, we should then not expect any third party support at all right out of the gate for the ps4 or xbox 3 either. Cause why would they dump far more money than a wii u game of 'faith' alone, right?

#27 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,813 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:18

@notuptome2004

1) Third-party batteries are not a valid solution to a design problem. Consumers shouldn't have to pay extra for third-party products to make-up for Nintendo trying to cut corners.
2) The maximum number of GamePads the Wii U supports is two and that limits the resolution to 720p @ 30fps. More importantly, Nintendo isn't selling GamePads separately which means that developers have no incentive to support them.
3) Multi-touch support is expected in touch-screens and it's another example of Nintendo skimping on specs to save on cost.
4) The iPhone 4 had twice the DPI, so obviously people didn't complain about it. Further, it was advanced for the time - the Wii U GamePad simply isn't.
5) As already mentioned, asymmetric gameplay is where you have different experiences for two players. It's not about putting trivial, gimmicky mini-games on the GamePad.

You also ignored the other points I made. The Wii U has a completely inadequate amount of onboard storage - just 3GB available to the user with the basic model. That means it simply isn't suited to digital distribution, which is something both Microsoft and Sony have pushed for and will be focusing on for the next generation. Then there's the performance bottlenecks, most notably the weak CPU - Nintendo knew the performance level of the competition and yet still decided to skimp. And finally, there's the high cost for what is a current generation system with a gimmicky controller. Why pay more for a system with far fewer games? Even the Nintendo exclusives are few and far between and most are just remakes of existing titles. The Wii U makes a decent secondary console but it isn't suited to being a primary console.

The original Wii was a huge success yet still had a relatively poor third party offering. The Wii U has been a sales disaster, so it's hardly a surprise to see publishers distancing themselves from the platform. It's not that the Wii U is a bad consoles - it's simply that it's not what the market wants, not with the X720 and PS4 just around the corner. Publishers will always do what will make them the most money and the Wii U isn't part of that equation.

PS - EA decided against releasing Crysis 3 because the poor sales of the Wii U meant it wasn't economically viable. The company tried to negotiate better terms with Nintendo—which may have included trying to get Origin onto the platform, though the woefully inadequate onboard storage makes that seem less likely—but there was a "lack of business support".

#28 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• 3,240 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 13:56

You also ignored the other points I made. The Wii U has a completely inadequate amount of onboard storage - just 3GB available to the user with the basic model. That means it simply isn't suited to digital distribution, which is something both Microsoft and Sony have pushed for and will be focusing on for the next generation. Then there's the performance bottlenecks, most notably the weak CPU - Nintendo knew the performance level of the competition and yet still decided to skimp. And finally, there's the high cost for what is a current generation system with a gimmicky controller. Why pay more for a system with far fewer games? Even the Nintendo exclusives are few and far between and most are just remakes of existing titles. The Wii U makes a decent secondary console but it isn't suited to being a primary console.

PS - EA decided against releasing Crysis 3 because the poor sales of the Wii U meant it wasn't economically viable. The company tried to negotiate better terms with Nintendo—which may have included trying to get Origin onto the platform, though the woefully inadequate onboard storage makes that seem less likely—but there was a "lack of business support".

You do realize the wii u isn't limited to just the included flash memory right? Cause it's seeming an awful lot like you don't.

#29 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,813 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 20 May 2013 - 14:37

You do realize the wii u isn't limited to just the included flash memory right? Cause it's seeming an awful lot like you don't.

The basic SKU has only 3GB of storage available to the user, while the deluxe only has 25GB. Meanwhile the X360 has shipped with SKUs over the years including up to 320GB of storage, while the PS3 has included up to 500GB. There isn't even an official storage expansion for the Wii U. Consoles are moving more and more towards digital distribution yet Nintendo has failed to match even the outdated storage solutions of existing consoles. It means that digital distribution isn't viable out-of-the-box for the Wii U.

Nintendo seems completely oblivious to the direction in which the gaming industry is moving.

#30 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,336 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 14:45

The basic SKU has only 3GB of storage available to the user, while the deluxe only has 25GB. Meanwhile the X360 has shipped with SKUs over the years including up to 320GB of storage, while the PS3 has included up to 500GB. There isn't even an official storage expansion for the Wii U. Consoles are moving more and more towards digital distribution yet Nintendo has failed to match even the outdated storage solutions of existing consoles. It means that digital distribution isn't viable out-of-the-box for the Wii U.

Nintendo seems completely oblivious to the direction in which the gaming industry is moving.

Nintendo really needs to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that 1st party titles that are few and far between can't support the company. That and actually understand the market.