1) Poor battery life.
2) Only one is supported properly.
3) No multi-touch support.
4) Low resolution display (only 158PPI)
5) Asymmetric gameplay requires multiple players.
6) Conceptually, it is gimmicky.
At launch it was already considerably behind that of standalone tablets technically and that will only get worse in the coming years. Nintendo bet everything on a trying to recreate the success of the original Wii but the market has moved on.
I'm not at all surprised that the major publishers aren't supporting the platform. Nintendo hasn't been as open to mature content as other platforms and has opted for control schemes that make simply multi-platform ports a no-go. There simply isn't any market demand for an expensive X360 / PS3 level console with major performance bottlenecks (CPU speeds), a limited online ecosystem, woefully inadequate storage and a proprietary controller.
I love a lot of Nintendo's games but I'm not willing to buy a console just to play them, especially not when most of the games are simply rehashes.
1) Poor battery life.- have exsternal battery from nyco and one on the way for internal give me 20+hrs total http://www.gamestop....wer-pack/107994
2) Only one is supported properly. At this time yes but the Wii U has support for 2 Gamepads
3) No multi-touch support.. Does not need MT support be more less pointless the screen is very responsive as is
4) Low resolution display (only 158PPI) The screen is 854x480 and it looks damn good despite not having high DPI and hey Noone complained about the iphone 4 screen being low res
5) Asymmetric gameplay requires multiple players. Wrong Asymmetric GP is also what Zombie U is when ya end up having a dual screen experience having stuff happen on 1 screen and the other seperatly or part of the gameplay Not sure how you figure it needs 2 players
6) Conceptually, it is gimmicky. One that works Well and is why ubisoft is and has been with Zombie U and some of ther up coming games liek splinter cell and or Watch-dogs gonna use it in very useful ways . i love having a map on the screen instead of oh i dont know taking up space on my TV ther is many many functions it can perform and be used for and the future of what could be done and will be doine Ubisoft is one of its biggest supports EA are just AHs because nintendo would not put orgins on there system
obviously you have issue with the Wii U beyond your crappy attempt of making poor choiced accuses as to why you hate it . you them prolly agree with Dirt bags like EA who make crap up why they wont support the Wii U yet have ther engines running on mobile phones or will have and have had Crysis 3 running on the Wii U just fine but wont release it cause nintendo wont do Orgins on the Wii U