electronic arts ea wii u nintendo gaming

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• 3,240 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 20 May 2013 - 14:48

The basic SKU has only 3GB of storage available to the user, while the deluxe only has 25GB. Meanwhile the X360 has shipped with SKUs over the years including up to 320GB of storage, while the PS3 has included up to 500GB. There isn't even an official storage expansion for the Wii U. Consoles are moving more and more towards digital distribution yet Nintendo has failed to match even the outdated storage solutions of existing consoles. It means that digital distribution isn't viable out-of-the-box for the Wii U.

Nintendo seems completely oblivious to the direction in which the gaming industry is moving.

And yet you're still implying that you can only use the onboard storage and nothing else. Some people are hopeless i guess..

#32 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,039 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 20 May 2013 - 15:12

Nintendo really needs to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that 1st party titles that are few and far between can't support the company. That and actually understand the market.

Exactly. Nintendo has some amazing IPs but it is incredibly slow at developing titles and isn't doing enough to create new IPs. For instance, the new Zelda looks great but it doesn't even have a release date at this point. That wouldn't have been as much of an issue if the Zelda: Wind Walker remake—which is planned for the end of this year—had been a launch title. And what about a 3D Pokémon title or at least a 2D one that takes advantage of the GamePad? And both Donkey Kong and Kirby are conspicuously absent. I don't want to see Nintendo overuse its existing franchises but when there's very little else on offer it's what Nintendo has to do. It should be releasing major updates to each franchise ever couple of years.

Nintendo wasn't much better with the Wii. After the amazing Wii Sports I was expecting a fully-fledged sequel or at least spin-offs of the best games (like Golf) but it took three years for Nintendo to release the underwhelming Wii Sports Resort and it required the use of the Wii MotionPlus, which made it an expensive upgrade (particularly for those with four controllers). Nintendo seems to do the bare minimum when it comes to releasing games. Most people I know with a Wii bought a few titles and most just play Wii Sports.

#33 johnnyq3

johnnyq3

Neowinian

• 236 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 15:26

Exactly. Nintendo has some amazing IPs but it is incredibly slow at developing titles and isn't doing enough to create new IPs. For instance, the new Zelda looks great but it doesn't even have a release date at this point. That wouldn't have been as much of an issue if the Zelda: Wind Walker remake—which is planned for the end of this year—had been a launch title. And what about a 3D Pokémon title or at least a 2D one that takes advantage of the GamePad? And both Donkey Kong and Kirby are conspicuously absent. I don't want to see Nintendo overuse its existing franchises but when there's very little else on offer it's what Nintendo has to do. It should be releasing major updates to each franchise ever couple of years.

The Wind Waker remake is coming out as the New Zelda game is taking longer than Nintendo expected due to the massive nature that they have talked about. Most likely a Kirby will be announced at E3, as Nintendo is trying to get out the games that they have previously announced out the door as well promote them first. I am sure they will make a game like Pokémon Battle Revolution for the WiiU but I highly doubt we will see a game like Pokémon Coliseum or XD: Gale of Darkness. Myamoto also talked about making a new IP as well.

Nintendo wasn't much better with the Wii. After the amazing Wii Sports I was expecting a fully-fledged sequel or at least spin-offs of the best games (like Golf) but it took three years for Nintendo to release the underwhelming Wii Sports Resort and it required the use of the Wii MotionPlus, which made it an expensive upgrade (particularly for those with four controllers). Nintendo seems to do the bare minimum when it comes to releasing games.

Wii Sports Resort was made to show off the features of the Wii MotionPlus, just like Wii Sports was made to show off the features of the vanilla wiimote.

#34 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,039 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 20 May 2013 - 15:57

Wii Sports Resort was made to show off the features of the Wii MotionPlus, just like Wii Sports was made to show off the features of the vanilla wiimote.

I know, but given the popularity of Wii Sports it should have been a priority for Nintendo. EA Sports releases update games each year and Nintendo could have done some similar, especially with Golf which only needs new courses.

#35 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 10,026 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 20 May 2013 - 18:01

Going by that, we should then not expect any third party support at all right out of the gate for the ps4 or xbox 3 either. Cause why would they dump far more money than a wii u game of 'faith' alone, right?

Never said they would, but they'd at least have two markets to cater to if going cross platform, coupled with new tools and resources which offer less limitations for the next generation of gaming. It's also worth noting who their target audience is as well. That said, while we do not know if the next Xbox and Playstation will succeed, it's doubtful that both consoles would somehow fail. The difference with the Wii U is that it's already launched, and we're seeing the results. Just because they sold some consoles doesn't mean much if they are on a downhill trend.

It's like playing Texas Hold'em with a weak hand, hoping the river will save you. Sure, it may work out down the road, but I'd much rather play with a pair in my pocket.

#36 killerninja

killerninja

Neowinian

• 94 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 18:03

How is the control flawed please how is it i would like to know so i can take my perfectly good working Wii U and Game pad that has been a great experiance the past few months playing COD and Zombie U and other games and chuck it out the door

now As for the UI well it is not laggy they have released a huge update that sped things up quit a bit it is very responsive and if you did not know and i have siad time and time agian the Wii Us GPU is 4 to 5 Generation newer much more powerful and has GPGPU functionality and thus can take a load off the 1.24ghz Tri-core with loads of cach and Possible higher clocked after the 3.0 update if rumors are true and take some stress off it CPU speed should never be ea factor these days

i have a good neighbor friend who is all Xbox 360 but even he is considering a Wii U because of the gamepad and Zombie U showing some stuff the system is capable of

a grape.

#37 Cheatyface

Cheatyface

Did I cheat? No. ....Yes.

• 584 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 18:50

No ther is no need at this time to have dual gamepads as no game supports it and you cant buy a seperate GP anyways and no developer has found a useful thing for 2 of them right now and the Wii U can support up to 2 of them . Now as for the crysis 3 thing i discredit nintendo on the fact EA could not get there way with having Orgin on the Wii U in the beginning for online stuff so EA siad no to it i highly doubt Nintendo would reject such a huge game in a line of series for there system.

over the past few weeks or 2 weeks EA has lied first they siad them and DICE could not get the frostbite 2 or 3 engine to work right on Wii U and sited poor performance on test they did ( to what test we dont know ) then some guy from EA came out saying how the Wii U was crap and and such and he did not support it and nothing worked on it or so and soon after that ubisoft came out and siad they are 100% backing the Wii U and have no issues with it then EA and DICE came out anouching frosbite Go based on FSB 3 engine or 2 engine one of them to support mobile devices so they can support and get it running on phones good but not Wii U ( Makes no sense ) Then finale coffin EA came out siad well look we just dont have anything for Wii U at all this time .

So WT is wrong with EA besides them being a bad company you have ubisoft who is a firm supporter of the Wii U

I'm done arguing with you. You can't debate w/o circular logic and logical fallacies, you make no actual points in your long winded ranting at people who question Nintendo, and your posts are getting harder and harder to read because you're putting no effort into spelling/grammar. So have fun. Blind loyalty and apologist mindsets are only hurting Nintendo right now.

#38 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

• 5,233 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 20:25

The basic SKU has only 3GB of storage available to the user, while the deluxe only has 25GB. Meanwhile the X360 has shipped with SKUs over the years including up to 320GB of storage, while the PS3 has included up to 500GB. There isn't even an official storage expansion for the Wii U. Consoles are moving more and more towards digital distribution yet Nintendo has failed to match even the outdated storage solutions of existing consoles. It means that digital distribution isn't viable out-of-the-box for the Wii U.

Nintendo seems completely oblivious to the direction in which the gaming industry is moving.

Yes there is a storage issue but it is flash based and if you want more storage you can go buy 2x 2TB external USB drives if you want ot 2x older 250gb drives and plug in to it for storage this is what i did so problem solved because heck if yoiu could do this on your 360 i am sure you would even ifd you didnt need the extra space

#39 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

• 5,233 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:12

kinda figured theyarecomingforyou would not respond cause he knew he was wrong anyways have a nice day

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!