21 posts in this topic

Posted

SimCity Amusement Park DLC leaks; officially launches on May 28th

by Vlad Dudau

simcity dlc1.jpg

For those of you that can't get enough of the new SimCity we have some good news: a DLC is just a week away. The new content was leaked earlier and ingenious folks have saved everything before EA deleted the posting.

The add-on is called the Amusement Park Pack and, as the name implies, it adds theme parks to the game. The official description goes likes this: "Build the amusement park of your dreams, right in the middle of your city," reads the official description. "Classic rides, vehicle rides and thrill rides allow you to make just the theme park you want."

You can watch a video below that explores a bit of what's coming and here's the actual awesome news: the folks at SimCity actually responded to this leak and they announced on their Twitter page that this DLC will launch on May 28th though there's no word on pricing just yet.

Source and Image: Eurogamer

Posted

Well, that's probably as close as we're ever going to get to a new ThemePark game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, that's probably as close as we're ever going to get to a new ThemePark game.

were the sales of rollercoaster tycoon etc low or something?

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh yes! Re-living my earlier days of RCT :D

Posted

Yeah. Once you plop this down in your city, there will be no room for anything else ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

Cool. I'm not surprised it took em this long to release it given they just cleared up most of the issues, but I've definitely seen what there is to see (though I haven't built all the great works yet...just the Solar Farm and Space Center so far. Working on the airport in a resource challenged part of the region o.o only 700 metal to go)

Posted

The cow is ready to be milked.

4 people like this

Posted

The cow is ready to be milked.

It seems stupid to pay for some extra modules to a game. Probably going to charge

Posted

Yeah. Once you plop this down in your city, there will be no room for anything else ;)

Indeed that's the annoying thing for me, I recently purchased the game and find i've so little room once i get going to do anything.

I remember having such massive city's in Sim City 3000.

Posted

I was so excited about this game, but now that it's out it just bugs the heck out of me.... I just want an old style SimCity... no micro cities... heck SimCity 1 had bigger maps if feels like

Posted

Indeed that's the annoying thing for me, I recently purchased the game and find i've so little room once i get going to do anything.

I remember having such massive city's in Sim City 3000.

Yea but in Sim City 3000, one city can do everything. The focus of this game is to make smaller cities and make them work together. I will just make one education city with a massive population and use this in an entertainment city.

Posted

Yea but in Sim City 3000, one city can do everything. The focus of this game is to make smaller cities and make them work together. I will just make one education city with a massive population and use this in an entertainment city.

Sorry, but that is one really forced justification for the crappiest Sim City city size limitation ever....

Posted

Should be free for this rubbish game.

Posted

/gets excited about building a subway stop at his amusement park. *doh*

Posted

Sorry, but that is one really forced justification for the crappiest Sim City city size limitation ever....

It's not a forced justification. That what was said before the game ever went to beta. I personally am happy they did it. Means the game actual has a challenge to it instead of being stupidly easy like the previous games. You actually have to put thought into what you are doing.

Posted

It's not a forced justification. That what was said before the game ever went to beta. I personally am happy they did it. Means the game actual has a challenge to it instead of being stupidly easy like the previous games. You actually have to put thought into what you are doing.

Good. Pay them your hard earned cash, give it all to them:)

Next up.....

DLC Rapid Rides, place it carefully though, as water is scarce $$$$$$$$$$ ;)

Posted

SimCity is a city simulator, and cities don't work like that.

Maybe they should have called it SimSquareShapedSmallTownWithFeaturesThatMakeNoSense.

Posted

Anyone that pays for this is beyond help.

Posted

I love the new SimCity 5 Amusement Park DLC! It is awesome.

Posted

3000 was just regular RCI cities anyway, it didn't have the kind of specialization you have in the new Sim City.

The region is the city anyway, like New York is a region wit multiple specialized cities.

1 person likes this

Posted

SimCity is a city simulator, and cities don't work like that.

Maybe they should have called it SimSquareShapedSmallTownWithFeaturesThatMakeNoSense.

Actually for the large cities in this scale it actually does. Generally they are closer together then they are in SC' but that's because they grow over the years.