3 replies to this topic

#1 vetJohn Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 666 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 16:10

Razer Atrox Xbox 360 arcade fighting game stick pre-orders start May 21st
by John Callaham

There is definitely a small but growing number of gamers out there who are heavy into the fighting game genre. We have seen the rise of professional tournaments that focus just on fighting games and those players frequently use versions of the old school arcade cabinet controllers, with their over-sized buttons and sticks, to engage in battle.

This week, the well known gaming accessories company Razer announced they would be offering their version of the classic fighting game controller for sale next week. The Razer Atrox, which has been in development for some time, will be priced at $199.99 when pre-orders start on May 21st.

The controller, which is made for Microsoft's Xbox 360 game console, has 10 buttons and an eight way joystick. However, Razer has also made the Atrox to be easy to modify by its owners, as the inside of the controller can be opened up with just one button. It states:

Users can swap in their own personal designs for a unique look, while also getting access to the internal compartments and honeycomb structure for easy screw mounting. The easily accessible internal compartment of the Razer Atrox reveals dedicated slots to store an included alternate bat top joystick, the detachable cable, and a screwdriver for modding, giving gamers plenty of room for storage as they travel around dominating FGC events.

The controller will go on sale in Japan later this month and worldwide in June.

Source: Razer | Image via Razer

#2 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,807 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 17 May 2013 - 18:34

Additional image of the inside:

Posted Image

#3 DAOWAce

DAOWAce

Blind

• 386 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 19:00

Already have my MadCatz stick; most certainly not buying this unless there's something real special about it.. and a single button to get inside (which is a stupid idea unless it's extremely secure) isn't it.

#4 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,762 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:57

Razor shouldn't have let the user open it up, because now we can see how much money you'll be wasting on it. It is almost empty. I could fit a capri-sun in there for a mid-round refreshment :laugh:

I'm happy with my Hori VF5 fighting stick i got years ago for £20. I only use it for SWOS now.