Photo

Tabs in Microsoft Word?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 OP jebus197

jebus197

Neowinian

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:30

yea, i don't get why excel only lets you see one window at a time, when people have multiple widescreen monitors to tile windows on. it's super limiting. fortunately, i don't deal with excel that much.

In that case you could just do what you can already do with most modern web browsers and split out a tab to a separate window, or a separate instance or both.

#32 Torolol

Torolol

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:40

well, Ribbon is Tabbed, perhaps MS re-imagine the users would be confused if there also extra tabs appears.

#33 OP jebus197

jebus197

Neowinian

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:15

well, Ribbon is Tabbed, perhaps MS re-imagine the users would be confused if there also extra tabs appears.

I'm quite sure that's something that can rather easily be overcome with a little bit of intelligent design.

#34 wv@gt

wv@gt

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:40

A tabbed interface similar to what Adobe has done with the CS series would be nice. Also using the superbar as tabs works, but not everyone works that way, look at IE you have tabs on the superbar as well as in the program

#35 OP jebus197

jebus197

Neowinian

Posted 20 May 2013 - 13:10

The superbar is fine for home users and for bedroom only IT experts etc, of which I suspect quite a few have commented on this thread. But for power users, it is of limited effectiveness. Most people here will probably never encounter the kind of usage scenarios that are extremely common for me and to many others who require fast, regular and easy to manage access to large amounts of data, and hence no doubt why they might struggle to see a way it might be useful to them.

#36 OP jebus197

jebus197

Neowinian

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:49

It turns out a tabbed user interface might not be such an insane idea after all ... http://www.extremete...d-faster-safari

There might be hope it could happen for Windows and office users too I guess, as, as I said, MS tend to wait and see what others do before copying it and implementing their own interpretation of it.