Linus Torvalds Wants All Laptops to Have 2560x1600 Resolution' Display

Almost every website is designed for 1024x768, especially now that smartphones/tablets come with 1024 as fixed viewport size. Until new flexible layout systems are standardized (HTML5 still hasn't solved the issue and probably will leave it unsolved) 1366x768 with 125% DPI or 1920x1080 with 150% DPI should be more than enough for everybody and are perfect with IGPs. I'd rather have a non-16:9 laptop instead, it's ridiculous how bad anything non-video related is on a 16:9/16:10 display. Let's hope the new 21:9 ratio won't catch on!

Layout has nothing to do with HTML, you're thinking CSS (And it's had flexible layouts solved for years, but nobody uses them because they only know how to do floats)

1366x768 11.6" user here, can't see any pixels. :woot:

Layout has nothing to do with HTML, you're thinking CSS (And it's had flexible layouts solved for years, but nobody uses them because they only know how to do floats)

I wrote HTML5 (no space between) that means means HTML 5, CSS 3 and the other evil related technologies. We had flexible layouts 'solved' as in hacked together for more than a decade, yes, but the support for the real flexible display models (like the exemplary display: flex;) is still in the 'complete mess' stage. We could get rounded corners 10+ years ago too but they were certainly nowhere as convenient as a simple border-radius.

Agree very much with Linus, the thing that gets me about 1366*768, and 16:9 displays in general is the lack of heigh in them. I'm using a 13" 1366*768 laptop and I can only see 2 whole posts (short ones) from top to bottom plus signatures and the like button from the post above them, and that's with the browser in full screen mode.

I'm always tempted just to flip the screen by 90 and hold the thing like a book, but I can't be bothered finding out how to do the same with the touch pad and screen :D