Which do you prefer - Galaxy S4 or HTC One?

For me, I prefer Galaxy S4 because of the features. But I prefer Sense's icon set over Touchwiz's. Im pretty much neutral, since both have their pros and cons.

Reminder: please dont resort to kiddie wars (i.e flame wars that involve f-bombs and the like)

Personally I prefer the HTC One, just feel like a better phone. I don't like the plastic of the Galaxy series

Neither to be honest. I think both Samsung and HTC's changes to Android look completely out of place next to Holo apps in terms of icon style, color scheme and typography.

I'm a big fan of Sony's Android skin. Looks like a refined version of Holo.

aNN6Iba.jpg

WqbcTPU.jpg

Neither to be honest. I think both Samsung and HTC's changes to Android look completely out of place next to Holo apps in terms of icon style, color scheme and typography.

aNN6Iba.jpg

WqbcTPU.jpg

Sony's settings screen looks excellent! Someone should make a ROM that has Sense apps and icons, Samsung music player(modded for different icon) and Sony Settings screen

Neither indeed. S4 wins by numbers, but that's not what matters to me, is not what I require from a PDA with voice calls option.

Xperia Z FTW. It could do with better loudspeaker, though, because I *would* pour large quantities of water on it if it fails to wake me up in the morning.

Hey, Sony should name their next flagship Xperia FTW. Fits rather well, don't you think; and they seem to have run out of letters anyway.

• Like 1

If I had to choose between Galaxy S4 and HTC One I'd pick the latter. That said I'm also in the 'neither' group and happy with my Nexus 4. Vanilla Android > all OEM skins.

Edit: As a reference, this is what the settings app looks like on the Nexus 4.

MIBoN7x.png

the s4 ranks 1 class below the htc one. the htc one is the reference, even acknowledged by all these review-sites which are very pro-samsung.

starts with the superior screen resolution, white looks white and not blueish, the speakers are the best ever seen on any smartphone, build quality feels like the one costs 2000 euros and the s4 costs 29,99 euros, and so on and so on....

the s4 ranks 1 class below the htc one. the htc one is the reference, even acknowledged by all these review-sites which are very pro-samsung.

starts with the superior screen resolution, white looks white and not blueish, the speakers are the best ever seen on any smartphone, build quality feels like the one costs 2000 euros and the s4 costs 29,99 euros, and so on and so on....

Yeah, had a customer demo his speakers yesterday, and they sounded better than many of the ones you hear in some of the laptops. I was blown away.

That screen though, to me, is just sex.

You were always a fan of anything with SONY written on it. :rofl:

I am currently trying to choose between these two (infact the Xperia Z is also in there somewhere). Leaning towards the S4 right now though because of two things. Wireless charging and a removable battery. The higher end "feel" of the HTC doesn't really sway me as I will be buying a case regardless of what phone I get, and in terms of looks although some people think the S4 looks worse, I quite like it. The higher storage capacity of the HTC is tempting me (especially considering the S4's issues with storage space available), but I don't think it is quite enough. I am going to play around with both phones next weekend before making a decision though.

starts with the superior screen resolution

Don't they both have identical screen resolutions - 1080p?

If I had to choose then HTC. It's design is light years ahead of anything Samsung.

If I had to choose then HTC. It's design is light years ahead of anything Samsung.

So design is more important than features?

If ihad to choose between the Galaxy S4 and the HTC One, it would be the Galaxy S4 by a long mile. Or not really since i already have the Samsung Galaxy S4 :D

There are many reasons why i did choose a Galaxy S4 over a HTC One. And i'm gonna write them down, so this post might get pretty long.

1. Polycarbonate body. Since this Polycarbonate body is made out of some kind of plastic, it doesn't spread the heat around your whole hand when the phone gets hot. Yes, alumininum looks great, but it have a negative side because aluminum spreads the heat way more then plastic does. Therefor, the HTC One will spread the heat to your whole hand instead of having the heat on one place only when it gets hot, like it is on the Galaxy S4.

2. HTC One gets hotter than the Galaxy S4 according to NordicHardware's test of the Galaxy S4. And therefor my reason number 1 is pretty valid.

3. It have a microSD card slot. So yeah, i'm currently using a Samsung MicroSDXC Pro UHS-1 64 GB Class 10 card in my Galaxy S4 witch is great. Taking tons if pictures and recoring alot of videos when you are on a vacation is going to take a HUUUUUGE amount of space. And not to mention that 1080p movies are needed when you have a 1080p screen. And those 1080p movies can take huge amount of space to. Same with alot of mp3 files / musics.

4. It have a removable battery witch means you can change out to a fully charged battery when you are out of battery on your main battery in 10 seconds. This allows you to keep doing what you are doing without having a big massive brick of a battery pack with you witch will be in your way.

5. It have a cleaner and better design than the HTC One. This is my opinion.

6. 5 inch screen is better than 4.7 inch screen. Specially when the Galaxy S4 are smaller in size than the HTC One.

7. The Super AMOLED screen on the Galaxy S4 is way better than the IPS LCD screen on the HTC One, because you can choose if you want the colors to really pop or if you just want to have perfect color accuracy (thanks to the Adobe RGB mode) on the phone.

8. It have Android 4.2.2 witch is better than Android 4.1.2 that the HTC One have.

9. It have alot of sensors witch i find great. No other smartphones have this many sensor inside a phone.

10. It have tons of cool and handy features witch i mean is there to bring the development of the current smartphones forward rather than just updating something you already have or just stand still like the iOS have done since 2009. Some of the features the Galaxy S4 have doesn't really works optimal yet, but i still think it's pretty nice to have those features. It's always handy to have WHEN you need itand when you want to use them.

11. It's lighter and thinner witch makes it more pocket friendly. Not only that, but the backside of the phone is more flatter witch makes it better to use on a flat surface.

12. The camera on the Galaxy S4 are WAY WAY better than the HTC One in light situations. The sound quality when you are recording videos are also better than the HTC One's sound quality. The proof is here:

Here are some pictures i have been taking with my Samsung Galaxy S4. Remember that those pictures under are BIG, also in full 13 Mpix resolution.

20130517_180147.jpg

20130517_180619.jpg

20130517_180747.jpg

20130517_180636.jpg

20130517_180931_Richtone%28HDR%29.jpg

20130517_180734.jpg

20130517_180909_Richtone%28HDR%29.jpg

So, as you can see, those pictures are incredible. HTC One have nothing to show off to the Galaxy S4 in light situations.

What do you think of my reasons for buying the Galaxy S4?

I'd say just buy a used S3 on ebay for around $288, unlock the bootloader and install a custom rom such as Carbon. Gives you a true 4.2.2 Google experience... I just got one it's like brand new, plus you'd be out of contract. The s3 is still a very capable phone. haven't been able to slow it down yet. Unless of course you want a great camera, then you may want to go with the One or s4.

Nokia Lumia 928.

I wish I had jumped ship sooner. I love Android! Used it for 5 years...but WP8 is just clean, quick and to the point. My face isn't buried in my phone for 3 hours moving icons and other useless ****, while nice, it's still useless and a waste of time.

• Like 3

I have the HTC One, and I gotta say, it's an amazing phone!

However, I have never used the Galaxy line of phones, so I can't really base my opinion on that. I do have a few gripes with the HTC phone though.

Sense has really gotten on my nerves, and I am looking forward to replacing it soon. Another thing is the included Sync Manager i absolute crap. It literally does not work at all.

The speakers, like others have mentioned, are loud, crisp, and clear. In fact, I have them set on the lowest volume and this is fine for me.

if you prefer design, htc one is miles away from samsung. but if you prefer software features, long time updates, samsung is better. i prefer htc one just for design. any good idea of sense 5 interface is extra good for me. i would buy htc one even with wp8 os :)

Take front faced speakers into consideration. They are fantastic, and a must have feature.

Well software features probably samsung, but then again those are gimmicks if you don't use them, so leaving all the gimmicks out, IMO HTC one, just cause of the design and build quality, whereas the samsung looks and feels like a cheap chinese knock off (And yes i've played with them both).

Well software features probably samsung, but then again those are gimmicks if you don't use them, so leaving all the gimmicks out, IMO HTC one, just cause of the design and build quality, whereas the samsung looks and feels like a cheap chinese knock off (And yes i've played with them both).

The cheap feel of the Galaxy S4 comes with a positive side as i have written about over in my earlier post, while the HTC One that "feels good" in the hand comes with a big negative side, witch is heat.

The cheap feel of the Galaxy S4 comes with a positive side as i have written about over in my earlier post, while the HTC One that "feels good" in the hand comes with a big negative side, witch is heat.

Just a little observation I've been using the HTC One now for the past week, and I have barely noticed an elevated temperature. Especially, not high enough to matter to me whether the temperate is spread out or localized (as is the case with the Samsung). And before you ask, I have been using this phone heavily for gaming, music, internet browsing, etc.

You make it sound like people are going to cook an egg with their htc one's

I just want a phone with the hardware of One, Software of 925 and apps of iOS

+1