Assassins Creed (2016)

33.jpg

We still don't know an awful lot about Assassin's Creed. Despite the fact that the movie will be based on the hit Ubisoft video game franchise, there has been no word on which era (various instalments in the series take place in different historical periods) the movie will be set in. Even more to the point, we know nothing about a writer or director either! Thankfully, it appears as if news on that will be coming soon as 20th Century Fox have given it a release date of May 22nd, 2015. The developers of the video games will play a big role in its development and Michael Fassbender has been attached to star since it was first announced.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=79790

That looks interesting.

If we are talking about games going to movies then I am still hoping for someone to make a new Mortal Kombat movie :)

• Like 1

That looks interesting.

If we are talking about games going to movies then I am still hoping for someone to make a new Mortal Kombat movie :)

No need at the moment with the Web Series doing well and covering that subject

No need at the moment with the Web Series doing well and covering that subject

How the H did I miss this?! I didn't even know a web series is running. You learn something new everyday. :)

The fact the original game writers will have a part/hand in the movie should be good news. It's when some Hollywood studio takes a game IP without the game devs input that things turn out for the worst.

• 4 months later...

While speaking to The Daily Beast, Fassbender quickly touched on his upcoming Assassin's Creed feature film from Ubisoft Motion Pictures and 20th Century Fox. "That?s definitely happening," reassured Fassbender when asked about the status of the project. He continued, "We?re just developing the script at the moment. I?d heard of it but had never played the game. I don?t have a video game player ? that?s not what they?re called. [Laughs] I met up with the guys from Ubisoft and they told me the story behind it, and I thought it was very interesting?the idea of reliving memories." Perhaps the 'idea of reliving memories' is an indication that not only will Fassbender play present-day protagonist Desmond Miles but he'll also play Miles' ancestor, Altair from the first Assassin's Creed video game. And if the adaptation proves successful, might Fassbender also play Ezio and Connor in sequels? That would be quite a feat considering Altair is Syrian, Ezio is Italian and Connor is half-Indian. Not impossible by any means but it would definitely present a worthy challenge to Fassbender's considerable acting talents. Filming is scheduled to begin sometime next year for a June 19, 2015 release. 

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=88632

Hello Ubisoft, can I get a Splinter Cell movie now? 

unfortunately far more of a niche game than AC turned out to be, however, I think as a movie SC would have a much bigger audience. 

Hello Ubisoft, can I get a Splinter Cell movie now? 

unfortunately far more of a niche game than AC turned out to be, however, I think as a movie SC would have a much bigger audience. 

I think they'd have a tough time differentiating them from any generi

• 9 months later...

Michael Fassbender Updates on ASSASSIN'S CREED Movie: "We Absolutely Want To Respect The Game"

"I know, I love these rumors! It's fantastic. People talk about it, and they're hopefully interested. Nothing has changed, yeah. I'm still a part of Assassin's Creed, and we're working on the script as we speak. Actually, I'm going to go back and see the writers when I get back to Europe.

You know, we absolutely want to respect the game. There's so much cool stuff in the game that we're actually spoiled for choice in terms of what we can use and what we can't, but we also want to bring new elements to it and perhaps our own version of things that already exist in the game. But we're definitely making a feature film, and we're approaching it as a feature film, as opposed to approaching it as a video game. But I love the world. I don't really play that many video games, but when I met up with the guys from Ubisoft and they started to explain this whole world and the idea of DNA memory -- you know, I think it's a very feasible scientific theory. I just thought, "This is so rich," and about the possibility of it being this cinematic experience. So I'm really excited about it, and we're working very hard to make sure that we've got the best and most exciting, original package.

I just think that there's one thing Justin [Kurzel] should be doing, and that's directing. I know that from working with him on Macbeth. He's just fantastic in terms of his vision. Adam, the DP that he works with, is amazing. They've got a great shorthand -- that's essential. He's fantastic with actors and each department. He's a real heavyweight."

This should turn out good as long as the original Ubisoft writers have some part in it, if you just hand it off to some Hollywood writers who don't know jack about the games and the world that's been told so far then that's when things go sideways quick.  It's also why the Halo movie never got off the ground iirc, MS wanted a say in the script and the Hollywood studio didn't want to seed control at all.

Speaking of Ubisoft movies though, where's my Splinter Cell!!!!????!?!?

Movie Set Partly During Spanish Inquisition, Fassbender & Villain Roles Revealed?

Michael Fassbender (X-Men: Days of Future Past) is said to play two characters in the film set in two different time periods. His first role will be Michael Lynch, "a death row inmate who becomes pawn in the Assassins-Templars war" living in present time. His second role will be Aguilar de Agarorobo, who is an Assassin during the Spanish Inquisition. Aguilar's father is said to be "an assassin chief", which is a similar idea to the Assassin's Creed 2 video game where protagonist Ezio Auditore's father was an important figure of the Assassin's Creed.

In the present, Michael will be subject to tests made by a researcher named Joseph "who is a bit of a baddie". However, someone will help Michael in the form of a female Assassin named Lara. Similar to Fassbender, the site reports that whoever is cast as Lara will additionally play an ancestor of theirs in the past. Actress Olivia Munn has publicly expressed interest in a role, so perhaps she will get cast?

BC5WNu.png

The villain of the present will be Alan Rikkin (pictured left), (Film Divider calls them "Alan Rikkan"), the CEO of Abstergo, known as "the corporate front for the evil Templars". Rikkan will not appear physically, instead just as a voice for the time being. He appeared in the 2007 Assassin's Creed game.

The "chief bad guy" during the Inquisition will be Tomas de Torquemada (pictured right). He has previously appeared in the Assassin's Creed 2 spin-off, Assassin's Creed 2: Discovery for Nintendo DS and iOS, first released back in 2009.

Justin Kurzel (Macbeth) is in talks to direct. The script is currently being rewritten by Adam Cooper and Bill Collage (Exodus: Gods and Kings). Fassbender, Frank Marshall (Jurassic World) and Connor McCaughan are all producing. It will be Ubisoft Motion Picture's first film, and they are also co-producing it with New Regency. 20th Century Fox will distribute it.

• 1 month later...

This could've made a good movie actually but I don't get why it's so hard to get this going, or a Splinter Cell movie.  I mean come on guys, I'm guessing Hollywood wants to try and screw things up and Ubisoft has put it's foot down.

This could've made a good movie actually but I don't get why it's so hard to get this going, or a Splinter Cell movie.  I mean come on guys, I'm guessing Hollywood wants to try and screw things up and Ubisoft has put it's foot down.

Well considering they haven't even started shooting or has casted anyone yet.. I think it's a good move. Fantastic 4 is already shooting or probably even done. They aren't cancelling the project, they are just delaying it on further.