Hulk, Ant-Man & Doctor Strange Focus Of Marvel's Phase 3

Marvel Studios is opening up about which superheroes they intend to bring to the big screen in coming years.

Speaking with Entertainment Weekly, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige revealed which characters are favored to land in their multi-film project known as Phase Three.

The first officially confirmed project? Edgar Wright's "Ant-Man," which is slated to hit theaters in November 2015 (just six months after "The Avengers 2" is released).

"We started working with Edgar on that movie right in the dawn of us becoming our own studio," Feige revealed to EW. "It goes back so long you maybe even remember our 2006 appearance at Comic-Con -- Edgar was on that panel talking about 'Ant-Man.' And it had been a few years [of planning] at that point."

"Ant-Man" features a superhero with a suit that allows him to shrink in size and communicate with insects and creatures. The lead character has yet to be cast.

Also a contender is Doctor Strange - the surgeon-turned-sorcerer tasked with protecting Earth from supernatural threats.

"I would love Strange to be a part of [Phase Three] only because he's a great character. He's a great standalone character," Feige said. "He's got a great origin story, for the most part. And that world of pure magic, we haven't done yet."

Adding, "There's a whole supernatural/magic alternate dimension going on in the Marvel comics that we haven't ever touched on. So I think that's exciting."

Also in the mix is a "Hulk" feature, starring Mark Ruffalo (who plays Hulk/Bruce Banner in "The Avengers").

"Mark could stand in his own movie... We're talking about it," Feige said. "We're excited to sit down and go, 'What is a standalone Hulk movie?'"

source

"I would love Strange to be a part of [Phase Three] only because he's a great character.

He is by far my favorite Marvel character. I hope he makes it to the big screen this time.

I guess we could've entered the 'magic' realm with The Mandarin.. but since it's all just fake, Dr. Strange will have to do.

They definitely need a new Hulk movie and preferably one with a bit of intelligence, as the previous two were weak.

Ant-man i cannot see. I wonder if they would be able to do X-factor since Xmen is at another studio right now? Please redo Fantastic Four so it does not suck.

Phase 4 should be Infinity Gauntlet.

Are you talking about the SDCC trailer? that was a ridiculous trailer.

The showreel? I thought it was good :/

Hope they go with Planet Hulk for Phase 3 - Guardians of the Galaxy should set out Marvel Cosmic nicely, if a talking Racoon (WITH THE VOICE OF JASON STATHAM!!) doesn't freak people out too much :D

I guess we could've entered the 'magic' realm with The Mandarin.. but since it's all just fake, Dr. Strange will have to do.

Agreed.

Hopefully they don't butcher Strange too...

I'm eager to see what they do. I was hoping to have someone new in Phase 2...