NBC unveils 'Sound of Music' air date

nbc-unveils-sound-of-music-air-date.jpg

I am a little conflicted about this news. Growing up, The Sound of Music was one my of all-time favourites. I can?t count how many times I watched the movie, and sang along, and so when I heard that they were ?reviving? the film I was a little confused. Why fix something that isn?t broken? I digress. NBC has announced that the live broadcast of their updated version of The Sound of Music will be airing this coming December, just in time for the holidays.

At NBC?s upfront presentation last Monday at Radio City Music Hall, NBC entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt announced that the revival will air on December 5th and will run for three hours. "We hope that this great story, with Rodger and Hammerstein's songs that everyone knows, will be the biggest thing on television this holiday season," Greenblatt said.

American Idol winner and five-time Grammy award winner Carrie Underwood will be playing the iconic role of Maria made famous by the outstanding Julie Andrews. Underwood definitely has the singing chops to pull off the role, but I think that she has her work cut out for her. I would not want to be the woman trying to fill the shoes of Julie Andrews.

http://www.tvrage.com/news/6716/nbc-unveils-sound-of-music-air-date