Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ps4 Sony teases PS4 design

146 posts in this topic

Posted

Is anyone planning on buying a ps4? I always wait several years because games will mature in graphics, quantity, and quality and the price will drop a little overtime.

I am. I haven't had a console since the first PlayStation and can't really be bothered with gaming PC's at this moment when many of the games I like are either PlayStation exclusives or console ports.

Posted

Just had a quick bash in photoshop, my poor very crude rendition of what it may look like:

post-1442-0-44800400-1369069009.gif

Vents on the bottom angled bit, the gap along the front with slot loading drive with blue power light that illuminates the gap.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am afraid of how much the PS4 will cost. I hope Gran Turismo 7 is being planned and developed for the PS4.

Posted

It will cost less than PS3 did I can tell you that much, the rumblings are that it may cost $350-399

Posted

They should bring back this design. I loved the PS2's design, especially the 1st generation. The fact that a lot of PS2s still work is a testament to its build and materials quality.

post-455563-0-30307400-1369069331.jpg

Posted

<snip>Just had a quick bash in photoshop, my poor very crude rendition of what it may look like: </snip>

yemXC7s.png

I don't see it ;) unless it stands up like previous models. :wacko:

Posted

Just had a quick bash in photoshop, my poor very crude rendition of what it may look like:

post-1442-0-44800400-1369069009.gif

Vents on the bottom angled bit, the gap along the front with slot loading drive with blue power light that illuminates the gap.

Hmmm not a bad mockup.

Posted

Is anyone planning on buying a ps4? I always wait several years because games will mature in graphics, quantity, and quality and the price will drop a little overtime.

I always buy consoles on release day.

Posted

I don't see it ;) unless it stands up like previous models. :wacko:

If its as thick as I think its going to be no reason why it cant have vents at either end and be able to stand on its side.

Posted

Yeah trying to keep the hype up for its own console on the eve of a big console reveal is a poor tactic........

As for the teaser you really don't have a clue, it's supposed to TEASE you into wanting to know more about it, to get people talking about it.

Go back to the Microsoft forum.

you need to relax, I criticized Sony - not you.

Posted

not suspicious that they decide to release this video on the eve of the most anticipated console reveal event in history. :rolleyes:

Posted

Thanks captain obvious.

Posted

most anticipated console reveal event in history

Fanboy much?

Posted

Here's what I think the PS4 will look like lol! You will probably laugh at this.

post-455563-0-47545700-1369070714.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Here is PS4 concept number two, the new PS4 uses floppy discs as memory cards :p

post-455563-0-30682900-1369071342.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Fanboy much?

or gauging by the media hype. atm is true.

Posted

Here is PS4 concept number two, the new PS4 uses floppy discs as memory cards :p

Backside should have the circular grill...you are onto something

Posted

It doesn't have the same CPU as PS3, if they kept the CELL cpu it would have been outclassed by the next xbox, it would run hot and cost a fortune. Plus your PS3 doesn't magically stop working as soon as PS4 is released.

YES. THIS. ^^^^^^^^^^^

OWNED.

Maybe in the future then. Yes, your ps3 will still work, but once you get a new console, you dont want to go back to the old one. Remember, alot of people spent a fortune on ps3 games. I wont be buying the new ps4 console for several years anyways!

Shutup?

Posted

Fanboy much?

Just spend a little time using neowin front page rather than the forums and you'll find some corkers.

The newsletters still pimping gaming first and foremost :D

LRtt7mj.png

Posted

Nice little teaser. Though I have to wonder if this teaser/trailer/reveal business is getting out of hand.

As for the shape of the console itself. From the silhouette, my guess is that it's going to look something like a Mac mini. Predominantly square, with a thin 3rd dimension. That circular vent pic that people are wondering about could be a vent on the bottom of the console. All of which sounds very similar to a Mini. I hate Apple, but I have to hand it to them. The Mini design is fantastic, and I would love for the PS4 to adopt a form factor like that.

Posted

Nice little teaser. Though I have to wonder if this teaser/trailer/reveal business is getting out of hand.

As for the shape of the console itself. From the silhouette, my guess is that it's going to look something like a Mac mini. Predominantly square, with a thin 3rd dimension. That circular vent pic that people are wondering about could be a vent on the bottom of the console. All of which sounds very similar to a Mini. I hate Apple, but I have to hand it to them. The Mini design is fantastic, and I would love for the PS4 to adopt a form factor like that.

Agreed

Posted

I really think was a mistake by sony. They should have shown an image of the console. This is stupid marketing and less interested in the PS4.

Posted

I really think was a mistake by sony. They should have shown an image of the console. This is stupid marketing and less interested in the PS4.

Absolutely not. This is an excellent way to sustain the hype for longer periods filled with competitors announcing things. By revealing the looks of the console after the next Xbox people will be reminded that the PS4 is also coming. Just to keep you thinking about it.

Posted

I was think about getting the PS4 but sony is ****ing people off but now I really thinking about the next xbox. I do think they ****ing people off teasing like this.

Posted

Here's another concept drawing of all the images linked together...

62aB7go.jpg

TErYhrl.png

2 people like this