girlfriend issue question

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

• 6,106 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:55

Who cares, typical woman making a mountain out of a mole hill, tell her she didn't respond so you went to the movies, end of.. don't like? bye!

[edit] had a quick glance through the other posts, i wouldn't listen to a single one of them. This guy done nothing wrong, make a stand, don't roll over or you'll be rolling over for the rest of your life, if she doesn't like it and walks away then she isn't the one.it's a trivial argument that shouldn't really escalate.

#17 Mr Byte

Mr Byte

Neowinian

• 187 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:03

There are many fish in the sea. Move on!

#18 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,132 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:13

this woman sounds a little wishy washy. She ignores your texts due to personal/emotional/mental problems..that's her problem. you are in NO way obligated to appease her swinging mental problems.

if it was because of the kids, then still her fault. I don't allow myself to get "caught up" in a appease her due to her own issues. if she does in fact ignore your texts, hey that's her problem.

you are NOT married to this woman and it seems she is playing you by using guilt. If you are on neowin to ask what to do, do this; get a new GF.

if she ignores your texts now, how much more are the same problems you conveyed now, going to explode and get worse or even more drama going to ensue?

I'd NEVER marry or get involved with any woman who has too much emotional baggage or who is inept to seek psychological counselling for her emotional needs.

BTW..I've been married for 12 years.

#19 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 6,582 posts
  • OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:14

Did you only wait 25 minutes?! 25 mins in the female world is no time at all, that was your mistake ;)

#20 Tigurinn

Tigurinn

Neowinian

• 474 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:14

Who cares, typical woman making a mountain out of a mole hill, tell her she didn't respond so you went to the movies, end of.. don't like? bye!

[edit] had a quick glance through the other posts, i wouldn't listen to a single one of them. This guy done nothing wrong, make a stand, don't roll over or you'll be rolling over for the rest of your life, if she doesn't like it and walks away then she isn't the one.it's a trivial argument that shouldn't really escalate.

Like spoken out of my mouth.

Like so many women she's trying to manipulate him - and sadly he's falling for it

#21 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,132 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:27

I was going to see my girlfriend on Sunday after she put her daughter to bed. Around that time I text and call her many times and no answer. After 25 minutes, I decide to see the new star trek movie. At the time, she text me that I could come over. Well she gets upset that I blow her off to see a movie. I didn't get an answer her and thought she was upset or depress and now she is saying I'm blowing her off or I'm just an after thought to her. I'm like WTF.

Was I'm in the wrong?

after re-reading this;
Drop the bum dude. you have a life dude. you said you called and text her AFTER she put her kid to bed.... that's her problem. after 25 minutes of no answers or replies to text messages; again her fault. (remember, she at this point has put her kid to bed already ahead of this.)

blow her off to see a movie? -no, there were NO plans made with her and you already made plans to watch the movie. yeah- ditch the broad. a woman who tries to turn the tables on you like this is purely manipulative

#22 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 33,981 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:59

I would add input but am single, lonely and barely clinging onto the belief that love exists... LOL

#23 Eddo89

Eddo89

Neowinian

• 711 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:04

Neither of you are necessarily wrong, or rather totally wrong, but doesn't mean that both of you couldn't had dealt with it better. The story for most relationship problems (not counting affairs, violence, stuff that is utterly obvious and despicable).

Again, 25 minutes is not long. If you have to buy the tickets within 25 minutes, tell her. If she read text after 25 minutes, then she can't really complain. Also, you have to factor in kids, I don't have kids but I used to work with a lot of kids and most of them are a pocket rocket especially before bed time. It is a big hassle to put them to sleep on some nights. There are also more important problems that she has to deal with, like you know, is illegal to leave kids alone in the house. She may had to find her flatmates/parents/a babysitter before she could confirm that she actually could go. Yes, she could've text you while she is doing that, but is not a big fault at all.

Her reaction is probably not the best, I won't know how overblown by you her response is. Being angry at you may be her way of venting her anger or frustration too. And as before, if she doesn't seem to be happy, for the sake of all that is good in this universe, ask her about it!

Girls goes on minor hissy fit over little things too, is in the other x chromosome, if you find one that doesn't, I'm going to snatch her away from you. You will have to learn that it isn't always wrong, just miscommunication mostly. Is not about being on the front foot or back foot, or the rights and wrongs, is about tolerating in the right circumstance, firm in the right circumstance, and always be calm and mature about it.

#24 Coagulated

Coagulated

Neowinian

• 479 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:21

25 minutes is a little sharp to change your plans. I'd have given it at least an hour of no response before sending a text asking if she was alright, if we were still on for tonight and so on.

In this case, if she isn't the headcase she sounds like and you don't want to kick her to the kerb, just admit you were too quick to change plans, but you thought she had changed her mind/had a bad night/depressed or whatever, and in future you'll give it at least an hour or so before changing plans.

In all honesty though? She sounds like she has massive issues, and unless she means a lot to you? I'd just cut your losses and run. Some people are worth the effort, but the majority are not, you just need to decide which category she falls into.

Girls goes on minor hissy fit over little things too, is in the other x chromosome, if you find one that doesn't, I'm going to snatch her away from you.

I've got one like that at the minute. Had a similar situation to this recently where a lot of confusion ended up with me having my teenage nephew around for the night - she was dismayed, but in no way did she try and guilt trip me over it. We were both at fault somewhere along the line, but the end result contained no arguments or issues. I keep feeling this honeymoon period is lasting a bit too long, but I'm just going to milk it for all it's worth!

#25 Nilus

Nilus

Neowinian

• 244 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:31

Man just apologize, call it a misunderstanding and move on. This is a MINOR problem, and if you don't apologize or try to ignore it then it will hang around and become a massive one, because the fact you didn't apologize will become the problem rather than you blowing her off to watch a movie. That's just how it works. Save your efforts for the big/worthwhile battles.

#26 fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• 3,552 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:46

After 25 minutes.

If you are in a committed relationship, waiting 25 minutes for someone to text you back shouldn't be that big of an issue. Especially knowing she has kid. At the same time, she could have texted you saying she was having a hard time getting her kid going to sleep. But, women. Get used to it.. lol

Posted Image

Also some side notes:
You should have not changed plans after 25 minutes.. if you did not hear from her after 2 hours, you should have went to her house to make sure she was ok (assuming you are in a committed relationship, I can understand if she doesn't want guys around her kid until more time, but yeah this would qualify as a valid reason.)

If she is going crazy and ballistic over this, she sounds like she might be crazy and be careful.

#27 YounGMessiah

YounGMessiah

"individual magnets"

• 2,192 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 22 May 2013 - 20:08

QFT...

#28 sc302

sc302

Neowinian Senior

• 7,346 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 21:09

Let me explain how a woman that you are with works. You must be available at all times, at any time, on any whim. You must drop what you are doing, what ever you are doing, to be able to do whatever it is that they are wanting you to do at that moment.

I was doing the brakes on my wifes van, she knew this, I had it up full of dirt and crap from the brakes....she needs something from the grocery store and wants me to go out and grab it. By the time it would take me to stop what I am doing and get cleaned up enough not to muck up my car she could have been there and back. Another time I am doing something for her (again), she asks me to wipe my kids butt so she can continue having a conversation with her mom...again in the middle of crap. This is just a couple of recent times, but this will continue until all men are dead. If you have a problem with any of this, don't have a serious relationship with any woman as they all get to this point (in my experience anyway, my inlaws all do this wether they are directly related to my wife or not). When you decide to move in, video games will be a thing of the past unless she likes video games as anything that she does will require you to drop your video game and it will happen each and every time you pick up your controller.

#29 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,533 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 14:30

Only if she's a selfish b****. I'm reading all this astonished. Now I know why it's so hard to be open and laid-back with men, they are always accusing me of playing mind games and such when I am not. Assuming I am angry when I'm not. I'm constantly bewildered by guys acting all defensive and flinchy the second any sort of conflict comes up... they must be used to this sort of behaviour... but some of us know how to handle our emotions in a healthy way and treat others with kindness and respect.

I know some of you have bad experiences, but don't tar all women with the same brush. Try not to be so bitter. Be open and honest and kind and look for a partner who is the same sort of person. There are bad men out there too. By your logic, all men are abusive rapists too, right? >.<

#30 guitmz

guitmz

Neowinian

• 691 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 23 May 2013 - 14:41

Just one thought that kind of close the thread based on the OP 1st post: You can pause a ****ing movie (or even download/rent/whatever it again) but not a relationship. Unless you guys were in a fight or something, you should see her.. After all, if you like a movie better than her, just dump her

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!