17 replies to this topic

#1 jnelsoninjax

jnelsoninjax

A custom title? Cool!

• 7,596 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Exhibit SGH-T599N

Posted 21 May 2013 - 13:04

Who's the luckiest person in Florida?

Even lickier than Lotto ticket holder of the $590-million jackpot purchased at a Publix in Zephyrhills on Saturday?

Maybe this woman -- the estranged wife of Julio Villanueva-Vasque.

Julio Villanueva-Vasquez is accused of using a tool to puncture the tires of a friend who was visiting his estranged wife before trying to pry open the front door of home in the wee hours of Sunday morning, according to a news release from the Hillsborough County Sheriff's office.

The estranged wife reportedly had heard strange noises at the door and then saw her hubby through the window crouched down, deputies said.

As she opened the door to snap a photo as proof that Villanueva-Vasquezo was at her residence, he reportedly rushed inside...uninvited.

A domestic violence injunction had been in effect against the Villanueva-Vasque, deputies said.

A physical struggle ensued before the 44-year-old Tampa man allegedly pulled a semi-auto handgun from his waist area, pointed the weapon at his 23-year-old wife's chest and pulled the trigger.

When the gun did not fire Villanueva-Vasquez then racked the slide twice and fired twice more, but still the gun malfunctioned.

Villanueva-Vasquez fled the scene on foot.

The woman sustained a small cut to her face and positively identified Villanueva-Vasquez as her attacker.
Source

#2 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 13:06

Yep women go through this type of ordeal a lot. Dealing with a crazy or jealous ex, unfortunately a lot of them get murdered. She was lucky.

#3 Ph1b3r0pt1c

Ph1b3r0pt1c

Neowinian

• 432 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:51

To bad she wasn't armed, or had something to defend herself with.

#4 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:53

Yep women go through this type of ordeal a lot. Dealing with a crazy or jealous ex, unfortunately a lot of them get murdered. She was lucky.

But why didn't he beat her to death using the tool that was used to puncture the tyres of the car???

According to you killers will use other tools to kill...

#5 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 17:00

But why didn't he beat her to death using the tool that was used to puncture the tyres of the car???

According to you killers will use other tools to kill...

Are you really trying to base your argument to ban guns on this case because he didn't use another weapon to kill someone? This guy is everyone now? Not to long ago a child was stabbed to death in her own home. I believe it was you that said people don't use knives because it makes it personal. Jody Arias used a gun and a knife..

#6 Ph1b3r0pt1c

Ph1b3r0pt1c

Neowinian

• 432 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 17:03

Are you really trying to base your argument to ban guns on this case because he didn't use another weapon to kill someone? This guy is everyone now? Not to long ago a child was stabbed to death in her own home. I believe it was you that said people don't use knives because it makes it personal. Jody Arias used a gun and a knife..

lol owned.

#7 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,957 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 17:08

So what happened to "Killers find a way to kill"? By your logic he should simply have stabbed her, beat her with the butt of the gun or picked up a tyre iron and lamped her with it.

#8 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 17:09

So what happened to "Killers find a way to kill"? By your logic he should simply have stabbed her, beat her with the butt of the gun or picked up a tyre iron and lamped her with it.

Again how can you base him on everyone? Everyone acts differently. Just because he didn't doesn't mean someone else wouldn't have used a different weapon. Use your head.. Using him as an example to why guns should be banned is laughable because he doesn't represent everyone and there has been NUMEROUS cases of people being killed with other weapons.

#9 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 17:16

Again how can you base him on everyone? Everyone acts differently. Just because he didn't doesn't mean someone else wouldn't have used a different weapon. Use your head.. Using him as an example to why guns should be banned is laughable because he doesn't represent everyone and there has been NUMEROUS cases of people being killed with other weapons.

Convenient, moving the goalposts as usual.

I am just using your own words, you said if people didn't have guns then they would use something else to kill, he tried to shoot her three times why didn't he beat her up with the tool he used to deflate the tyres..................

#10 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 17:17

Convenient, moving the goalposts as usual.

I am just using your own words, you said if people didn't have guns then they would use something else to kill, he tried to shoot her three times why didn't he beat her up with the tool he used to deflate the tyres..................

I don't know why but you can't tell me that EVERYONE would act the way he did...
http://abcnews.go.co...a-home-19064190
http://www.sfgate.co...rty-4537609.php
http://www.chron.com...-of-4519917.php
http://fox6now.com/2...-barbara-blong/

Do I have to keep posting links? Knives sure make it personal...

#11 Javik

Javik

• 5,957 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 17:18

Funny, because you don't have trouble making that argument when it suits your pro gun agenda. Either your logic works or it doesn't you can't have your cake and eat it.

#12 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 17:22

Funny, because you don't have trouble making that argument when it suits your pro gun agenda. Either your logic works or it doesn't you can't have your cake and eat it.

Did I ever say it was absolute? No I didn't, People will continue to kill people regardless of laws. This guy was a coward but as my links prove people have used knives and will continue to use knives to kill people. So taking a gun out of the equation won't stop people from killing each other.

#13 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 18:59

Did I ever say it was absolute? No I didn't, People will continue to kill people regardless of laws. This guy was a coward but as my links prove people have used knives and will continue to use knives to kill people. So taking a gun out of the equation won't stop people from killing each other.

But taking guns out of the picture stops people from killing people with guns. One less way to kill someone is always better than 1 more way.

#14 Javik

Javik

• 5,957 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 21:19

Strange, because taking this guy's gun out of the equation stopped him killing someone.

#15 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,460 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 21:24

I was just about to make a prediction that this would turn into a gun debate, but having scrolled down, I see I'm too late.