Jump to content
|Topic||Stats||Last action by|
|NASA breakthrough -- the EM Drive actually works!||
|Official Call of Duty®: Black Ops III Reveal Trailer||
|Windows 10 Technical Preview||
|MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition 9.0||
Posted 21 May 2013 - 13:38
Posted 21 May 2013 - 13:42
Posted 21 May 2013 - 13:42
Posted 21 May 2013 - 13:53
Posted 21 May 2013 - 13:55
Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:01
Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:13
I don't remember ever seeing anything served in glass at McDonald's.
Would have to come from a broken window.
Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:17
Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:19
I guess McDonald's is at fault. But then again, they mass produce their food and I'm pretty sure there are factory quality standards that allow a certain percentage of this kind of stuff through. That's the reasion you can get a dead rodent or other, non-edible stuff in canned foods. As long as McDonald's passed the standards like that, I don't know if they can guilty.
Obviously, if this was a regular restaurant that made food to order, it would totally be their fault. But this whole factory produced food gray area throws me for a loop. I would assume this woman and her lawyers would have to prove the glass was the direct reason why her voice got worse. If so, they might have a case.
I mean, we are talking about the broken legal system that awarded a plaintiff a ton of money because McDonald's served a regular (hot) coffee that they spilled and burned themselves...
Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:21
I guess McDonald's is at fault. But then again, they mass produce their food and I'm pretty sure there are factory quality standards that allow a certain percentage of this kind of stuff through...
Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:22
Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:23
I'm pretty sure glass shards and dead rodents fall outside of any food safety standards .... I don't know what country you live in, but a dead rodent inside of a can would warrent an immediate shutdown, recall and health inspection in mine.
Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:42
Yeah, her vocal chords are in her larynx. Either she inhaled a shard of glass and choked or the shard of glass cut through thick muscle tissue to get from her esophagus to her larynx. Neither scenarios seem plausible because the former would have been an immediate issue and the latter is highly improbable.
Umm.. Biology fail? The larynx is in the trachea, not the esophagus. She would have had to have inhaled the glass, not swallowed it...
Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:43
It could come from multiple manufacturing processes, or even from another supplier....
Things fall into mixers, bags and such all the time.
Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:46
That is not true. That case involved coffee so hot it caused 3rd degree burns.