new york glass lawsuit soprano

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

• 5,270 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:51

How are they going to prove that it was mcdonalds fault after 3 years? do they have video proof with time she was a t mcdonalds and then at the doctors the next day? IF they do not how do they think they will win?

#17 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 60,849 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 15:42

^ Lawyers can create facts where there are none. :D

#18 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 17:21

I guess you're another person similar to the one in the lawsuit that doesn't realize coffee is made with boiling water.

How it's made is irrelevant. My coffee isn't boiled for one. Two, what matters is how you serve it. You can't possibly have a single legitimate reason for severing boiling water to drink.

#19 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 60,849 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 17:28

^ The idea on McDonald's part, was so the commuting customers would have reasonably warm coffee when they got to work.

Not saying they did the right thing.

#20 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 17:31

^ The idea on McDonald's part, was so the commuting customers would have reasonably warm coffee when they got to work.

Not saying they did the right thing.

They serve their food/drinks for immediate consumption.Thats a basic fact of fast food. Maybe they should start serving their fries in containers that still have boiling oil in them so people can eat them later?

#21 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 60,849 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 22:39

^ Many ppl in the mornings are on the way to work -- they buy coffee -- they are trying to accommodate them.

#22 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 16,693 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 22:44

Sounds to me that she got old, her voice changed, and God did nothing about it.

#23 +TCLN Ryster

TCLN Ryster

Evil Teddy Rules!

• 5,501 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 22:54

They serve their food/drinks for immediate consumption.Thats a basic fact of fast food. Maybe they should start serving their fries in containers that still have boiling oil in them so people can eat them later?

I'm sorry, but hot drinks like tea and coffee are generally made with boiling water. This is how it is. It's why kettles click off as the water comes to the boil. If you're stupid enough to just gulp down a drink labelled as a hot drink (not warm drink) without sipping to test it, then nobody is at fault but yourself.

Also the comment about food, it is NOT unusual for restaurants to serve food that is literally sizzling. It's common (is it really that common any more?) sense that you wait for it to cool before consuming it. Seriously, nobody takes responsibility for their own actions anymore, it's always somebody elses fault. Sue!

That said, glass in your burger is entirely different. She has grounds to sue for that, though waiting for 3+ years is questionable.

#24 SierraSonic

SierraSonic

SierraSonic

• 854 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 23:16

I guess you're another person similar to the one in the lawsuit that doesn't realize coffee is made with boiling water.

And you would be wrong, water boils at 212 degrees. In most states, law dictates that coffee shouldn't be brewed over 205 degrees, depending on the state of course. https://legacy.daydo...32&ArticleID=14

I'm sorry, but hot drinks like tea and coffee are generally made with boiling water. This is how it is. It's why kettles click off as the water comes to the boil. If you're stupid enough to just gulp down a drink labelled as a hot drink (not warm drink) without sipping to test it, then nobody is at fault but yourself.

Also the comment about food, it is NOT unusual for restaurants to serve food that is literally sizzling. It's common (is it really that common any more?) sense that you wait for it to cool before consuming it. Seriously, nobody takes responsibility for their own actions anymore, it's always somebody elses fault. Sue!

That said, glass in your burger is entirely different. She has grounds to sue for that, though waiting for 3+ years is questionable.

You would be wrong too. :)

#25 ninja502

ninja502

Neowinian

• 150 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 23:19

Err... why did she wait 3 and a half years? I think that will severely hurt her case.

The singer, who is also a clerk with the Attorney General’s office, has decided to sue McDonald’s over the damage done to her vocal chords. Simpson filed the lawsuit in Brooklyn last week.

The chain has yet to respond to Jacqueline Simpson’s lawsuit as of this writing.

source

that could have something to do with it :)

#26 SPEhosting

SPEhosting

C++ n00b

• 2,826 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:19

Umm.. Biology fail? The larynx is in the trachea, not the esophagus. She would have had to have inhaled the glass, not swallowed it...

my first thought to

#27 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,471 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:24

What I want to know is: why is a successful singer, or indeed anyone making more than minimum wage at life, eating at McDonalds?

#28 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 60,849 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 15:31

^ To maintain her fatness. :p

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!