The Xbox Is Not Always Online, But Seems To Block Used Games

It's sounding like it's tied to LIVE accounts on the same console, but to transfer it over to another console with your account may require it to be de-activated from the original console permanently or something. They haven't confirmed either way.

LOL this is going to make a interesting xbox release. People are more concerned about second hand games then the console itself. Time to look at PS4 and there rules or move back to (steam box)

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee?and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game?in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

LOL this is going to make a interesting xbox release. People are more concerned about second hand games then the console itself. Time to look at PS4 and there rules or move back to (steam box)

There are loads of issues at the moment with everything really...I'm not at all sold on anything they unveiled today.

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee?and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game?in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.

It would make so much more sense to offer a temporary unlock pass or something for these situations; I can't see many people actually paying to unlock the whole game.

with different xbox live account. my sister has three kids, and she is not going to pay for three copys! While i understand that online code for games like BF4 and COD, if its a single player game then NO.

it lets lets users on the same console share the game

Other users on the console will be able to play that game as well, Harrison said. So you don't need to buy multiple games per family. "With the built-in parental controls of the system it is shared amog the users of the device," he said.

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee?and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game?in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. http://kotaku.com/yo...icros-509140825

very misleading. if you're just taking the game to your friends house to play at that time,you just sign in with your xbox live account and play,since the game is tied to your account. your friend only has to pay if he wants to tie the game to his account.

I hope they shut down the used game industry. Honestly, it's killing gaming just like used books and used movies are killing their respective industries.

Because steam will remove all of these limitations on second hand gaming, right?

Logic.

Steam has far better prices for games and lets not forget the sales they have!

LOGIC!

it lets lets users on the same console share the game

so really its based on console, not gamer tag! each game it allowed to be installed onto one console and if you use that game on another console you need to pay a fee.

Quoting more from that article, I'm not entirely sure how it works. If my friend activates it on his machine, pays that full price, is it no longer linked to my console? Or can I bring it over, let him activate it on his machine, and still use it on mine, and we basically just cut out the middle man on my friend buying the game? My head hurts.

According to this interview each game will come with a single-use code.

You don't get a code, you pay full price. :/

So is this the reason EA dropped the online pass? Since now the entire game is essentially an online pass? Is that it?

Quoting more from that article, I'm not entirely sure how it works. If my friend activates it on his machine, pays that full price, is it no longer linked to my console? Or can I bring it over, let him activate it on his machine, and still use it on mine, and we basically just cut out the middle man on my friend buying the game? My head hurts.

If you're friend activates it on his machine, you'll have it activated on two machines, but only have one disc...have fun with that? Just sign in on his console with your account and play away without paying extra.

If you're friend activates it on his machine, you'll have it activated on two machines, but only have one disc...have fun with that? Just sign in on his console with your account and play away without paying extra.

Would you even need the disc? It says all games are installed onto the hard drive.

I guess I'll learn more around E3 or launch.

Yeah imagine posting what the rest of the web is, ooops, forgot Neowin wants to live in a bubble.