• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 +jamesyfx

jamesyfx

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 21 May 2013 - 22:14

My Xbox 360 isn't going to magically vanish when I get this new one, so not a problem.

#17 OP +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 22 May 2013 - 15:50

Some of the Xbox fans trash Sony for BC issues, but even your top Xbox Man has this to say

Don Mattrick: "If you're backwards compatible, you're really backwards"

Microsoft’s Mattrick says he doesn’t think compatibility is really a problem. He said only 5% of customers play older games on a new videogame system anyway, so spending time and money to develop technology to allow them to play older games isn’t worth it.

“If you’re backwards compatible, you’re really backwards,” he said.

Social media research firm Fizziology said its surveys of potential customers before the Xbox event showed 12% of them would be unhappy if there wasn’t backwards compatibility.

Sony said it is working to make its gaming system offer customers a way to play older games made for the PlayStation 3 (and earlier) by streaming all the information from servers. Microsoft indicated it isn’t planning to offer that type of service.

http://blogs.wsj.com...ent=buffer94b3f

#18 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 22 May 2013 - 15:53

Some of the Xbox fans trash Sony for BC issues, but even your top Xbox Man has this to say

http://blogs.wsj.com...ent=buffer94b3f

I haven't seen anyone trash Sony for BC on PS4. :/ It's a different processor, WTF did you expect?
Besides BC on PS4 will require an always on internet connection, which is apparently a bad thing.

#19 OP +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 22 May 2013 - 15:54

I haven't seen anyone trash Sony for BC on PS4. :/ It's a different processor, WTF did you expect?
Besides BC on PS4 will require an always on internet connection, which is apparently a bad thing.

I didn't expect any BC, nor am I trashing them for it. You can't emulate complex systems, I've been saying that about the CELL for months. The trashing I've seen is on the Neowin front page in regards to Sony and BC, I'll go dig it up...

#20 red.

red.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 May 2013 - 16:04

Yeah, the front page article comments tend to be very biased to the point that anything that isn't pro-MS gets bashed. I would take their reactions with a pinch of salt. And probably just avoid them in the first place.