More to follow...

#2 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 21 May 2013 - 18:53

https://twitter.com/kezamacdonald/status/336911318072320000

More to follow...

And considering that Kinect is integrated and included, this is news?

It's not like XB360 (for which Kinect is an option) or PS3 (for which Move is an even pricier option).

Quibble, quibble, quibble.

#3 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 May 2013 - 18:54

This just in Wii doesn't work right if sensor bar not attached, can't track controller...... more to follow....... *rolls eyes* shouldn't this be common sense seeing how integrated it is to the OS now?

#4 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 21 May 2013 - 18:55

This just in Wii doesn't work right if sensor bar not attached, can't track controller...... more to follow....... *rolls eyes* shouldn't this be common sense seeing how integrated it is to the OS now?

The Wii NEEDS the motion controller to play games/navigate OS. The Xbox uses a standard controller which can also navigate the OS.

If you have no interest in Kinect you've got a large camera to put somewhere.

#5 Bonfire

Bonfire

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Rotary Dial

Posted 21 May 2013 - 18:59

Was the Kinect really that popular? People used them for a while until the novelty wore off and now they are all gathering dust.

#6 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 May 2013 - 19:01

The Wii NEEDS the motion controller to play games/navigate OS. The Xbox uses a standard controller which can also navigate the OS.

If you have no interest in Kinect you've got a large camera to put somewhere.

MS might think different then you, they want the OS to NEED Kinect, they want it to be the primary interaction method

#7 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 21 May 2013 - 19:03

MS might think different then you, they want the OS to NEED Kinect, they want it to be the primary interaction method

But if they don't MAKE it need Kinect, and the controller works, then that is not the same as the Wii and again I say people will have to put a camera somewhere if they do not want to use Kinect.

There's a difference between wanting to need something, and actually needing it. On the Wii you have to use the sensor bar, on the Xbox One MS WANTS you to use Kinect, and if you don't WANT to, tough, it's staying plugged in because ?

#8 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 21 May 2013 - 19:08

But if they don't MAKE it need Kinect, and the controller works, then that is not the same as the Wii and again I say people will have to put a camera somewhere if they do not want to use Kinect.

There's a difference between wanting to need something, and actually needing it. On the Wii you have to use the sensor bar, on the Xbox One MS WANTS you to use Kinect, and if you don't WANT to, tough, it's staying plugged in because ?

wow. don't buy it then?
I don't want friends watching me play games, should I start complaining about PS4 now?

#9 +Ryster

Ryster

Evil Teddy Rules!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 19:11

Was the Kinect really that popular? People used them for a while until the novelty wore off and now they are all gathering dust.

You know all "People"? I for one don't use Kinect daily, but it's a well used device when I've got friends round, and also at Christmas. Kinect Sports Party Mode is always a good laugh.

#10 Jason Stillion

Jason Stillion

Neowinian

Posted 21 May 2013 - 19:12

Wii Sensor Bar does not have a camera, microphone, and the ability to track and count the people in the room, or see facial expressions.

Wii Sensor Bar = 4 Infraid LED's, you can even use four candles, but don't try this, kid burned there house this way.

#11 Gladiatorus

Gladiatorus

Neowinian

Posted 21 May 2013 - 19:12

Big Brother?

#12 The Laughing Man

The Laughing Man

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 May 2013 - 19:26

Never used the Kinect or the xbox 360 camera. This will be tucked away somewhere.

#13 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 21 May 2013 - 19:28

What happens if your Kinect breaks btw? If you are tucking it "away" somewhere, aka, hanging it off the back of your TV/Unit. That isn't exactly the safest.

#14 Jason Stillion

Jason Stillion

Neowinian

Posted 21 May 2013 - 19:29

What happens if your Kinect breaks btw? If you are tucking it "away" somewhere, aka, hanging it off the back of your TV/Unit. That isn't exactly the safest.

You get to buy a new one :)

#15 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 21 May 2013 - 19:30

You get to buy a new one :)

:jump: