Xbox One will not function without Kinect connected

Can't see this as being a 'good thing'.

I read that the X1 can be powered on by a voice command, so in theory that means it's powered on and listening all the time.

I'll let you pull out the tin foil hats on that one...

The kinect unit is on and listening ignoring most everything it hears unless it sounds somewhat like "Xbox on" if it does it tells the Xbox to go to a slightly elevated power mode to check if this was indeed the command it heard, if it was it sets the power mode to fully on. None of these commands are recorded and sent anywhere. Just analyzed by electronics.

You have equipment that already collects and actually reports far more sensitive data about you all the time without a mic.

Over/under on how many more ridiculous xbox one threads Audioboxer creates this week? I set it at 12.

That's far to low, I'm aiming for 25. If you go to your local betting shop you can get some good odds on around 25.

would xbox works if i connect the kinect but enclose the kinect in nearly sealed box so it can not 'sense' anything beyond it ?

Who knows? Schrodingers Kinect?

• Like 2

would xbox works if i connect the kinect but enclose the kinect in nearly sealed box so it can not 'sense' anything beyond it ?

I don't see why not, at this point it seems it just has to be plugged in. If they go and say its mandatory to navigate the OS then you have an issue.

I don't see why not, at this point it seems it just has to be plugged in. If they go and say its mandatory to navigate the OS then you have an issue.

Topic for another thread Audio? Microsoft has not denied that Kinect is mandatory to navigate the OS - so it is possible they are hiding something.

Topic for another thread Audio? Microsoft has not denied that Kinect is mandatory to navigate the OS - so it is possible they are hiding something.

No need to instigate, we have enough drama in this forum as it is.

I use Kinect for bowling, golf, dart... and kinect-navigate movies such as Netflix.

Other games such as FM4... I use the controller or steering wheel depends on what I play that time.

I hate to use Kinect on the racing games ... it sucks.

I use Kinect for bowling, golf, dart... and kinect-navigate movies such as Netflix.

Other games such as FM4... I use the controller or steering wheel depends on what I play that time.

I hate to use Kinect on the racing games ... it sucks.

Not if you use it with another controller for head tracking to look into the corners and for increased situational awareness, then it's awesome.

Not if you use it with another controller for head tracking to look into the corners and for increased situational awareness, then it's awesome.

I know that.. I like the view with head tracking... I have tried that but I am not used to it.. I have been using the controller/wheel on the racing games too long before the kinect version came out.

I like the car look around with kinect... such as open doors, hood, etc... that was interesting.