10 replies to this topic

#1 vetJohn Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 666 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 20:41

Call of Duty: Ghosts gets first two trailers
by John Callaham

As part of today's Xbox One reveal event, Activision released the first two trailers showing off Call of Duty: Ghosts, the next game in the hugely popular Call of Duty first person shooter series.

The first trailer shows clips of the single player campaign and it's certainly looks like the latest title from developer Infinity Ward will stick to what's works in the series; a modern themed story of military warfare, but this time with a more covert special forces outline. Indeed, the second trailer goes behind the scenes at Infinity Ward where they talk about how the game will feature the player as one of the last remaining members of a special forces unit, where they have to deal with an unnamed "mass event."

The game will feature an all new graphics engine with better visuals and more detailed animations. There is also a new dog NPC character in the game that apparently will be a key member of the game's cast. The trailer also goes over a few multiplayer features, including maps that will allow for more player interactive events and a deeper character customization system. Call of Duty: Ghosts is currently scheduled for launch on November 5th for the Xbox One and other platforms.

Source: Call of Duty on YouTube

#2 The Laughing Man

The Laughing Man

Neowinian Senior

• 2,964 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 17:12

A new engine for the COD series? Does Not Compute.

#3 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,307 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:44

Looks the same. lol. Think of it as a "High-Res Texture pack".

#4 0nyX

0nyX

Posting from Apple //c

• 1,153 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:21

Call Of Duty:Brokeback Mountain

#5 este

este

Neowinian Senior

• 2,209 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 13:08

I'll play thru the single player campaign....eventually.

#6 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 16:20

I hope the game flops, big time, so they know what's really wrong with their games. Seriously, this is sickening to say the least

#7 The Gamer

The Gamer

Forerunner

• 131 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 23 May 2013 - 16:26

Having played every Call of Duty game for console (Xbox/Xbox 360), I can safely say that this is in fact an upgrade to the graphics--be it a small one.

That said, I'm not huge on the graphics in Call of Duty games considering I play them primarily for multiplayer.

#8 Doli

Doli

Goo ball

• 7,470 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 20:13

i want this game

Attached Images

• CallofdutyCB.jpg

#9 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

• 3,095 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 920

Posted 24 May 2013 - 20:14

Oddly enough I think most of the videos we are seeing are for the X360 and PS3, the pre-order buttons don't mention PS4 or ONE, so those complaining about graphics not looking remarkably better, its probably answered because this game is going hyper-platform

#10 Boxster17

Boxster17

Porsche Enthusiast

• 1,713 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 18:03

It is an bit of an improvement graphics wise but certainly not the jump I'd expect for a next gen game. Water still looks pretty bad and at the 0:27 mark you have the sun above the guys head and yet sun shafts in the left of the frame going from left to right somehow....shouldn't they be coming towards the screen? Maybe things will improve more as we start to shift away from X360/PS3 and they start focusing more on X1 and PS4 as the install base for those grows more.

#11 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,358 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 26 May 2013 - 22:10

It is an bit of an improvement graphics wise but certainly not the jump I'd expect for a next gen game. Water still looks pretty bad and at the 0:27 mark you have the sun above the guys head and yet sun shafts in the left of the frame going from left to right somehow....shouldn't they be coming towards the screen? Maybe things will improve more as we start to shift away from X360/PS3 and they start focusing more on X1 and PS4 as the install base for those grows more.

They're aiming for 60 FPS with current-gen hardware. There's really nothing "next gen" about the engine they're using. And it's nothing more than an updated version of the previous engine. Frostbite 3, which is being used in Battlefield 4, looks much better because it doesn't need to run at 60 FPS with current-gen hardware.

I have a feeling they're going to update the engine again if the next Call of Duty game is a next-gen exclusive. But even then, it won't look as good as Frostbite 3.