• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,109 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 26 May 2013 - 22:43

And you only feel that way about BMW? Or is the concept of a brand identity and image lost on you?

No, but it's more pronounced in the German brands. Many other brands have managed to make new interesting designs on their cars and updating them while still keeping the heritage of the old. Brand identity doesn't mean minimal changes to a few curves here and there you need two cars side by side in the same color 10 years apart in models to barely notice a difference, to exaggerate a little.

#17 vhane

vhane

Neowinian

• 466 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:04

No, but it's more pronounced in the German brands. Many other brands have managed to make new interesting designs on their cars and updating them while still keeping the heritage of the old. Brand identity doesn't mean minimal changes to a few curves here and there you need two cars side by side in the same color 10 years apart in models to barely notice a difference, to exaggerate a little.

I actually like how they evolve designs instead of constantly changing the sheetmetal. On the roads I can immediately tell a BMW, an Audi or a Porsche apart from other cars. A lot of the other brands are... anonymous.